Adriana Caliste

P411, Reviews & References Oh My!

20 posts in this topic

Dizzzaaaaam! My 1st few days on here have seriously been information overload. Sorry if I sound ignorant to the way you guys do things. I'm trying to understand the whole P411, review & reference protocol.  My observations & questions:

reviews + P411= hobbyist trust new provider

My question is how do you get reviews without the other variable in place? Visited P411 today & you must have a review to join. It appears P411 is the Holy Grail of screening. Is this the case? If so, why?

Another question is noone's concerned about them (P411) keeping a copy of your government issued ID? How are they mitigating this risk? It seems like if the government came down on them, everyone's personal information is threatened.

P411 + references= provider trust hobbyist

Okay, but what if I don't know any of the ladies? I'm supposed to just trust their word in a YMMV industry?

Another thing, I'm pretty sure gentlemen choose ladies they had a positive experience with for their references. How is this helping me when his references are ATFs?

Not asking for P411+references= LEO or dumb provider?

A lot of providers and most of my clients (been asking my regulars over the last few days) never heard of TOB or P411. I am ignorant to a lot of things going on here but far from LEO or dumb. So if I don't ask for references from ladies I don't know I'm automatically considered a risky provider?

Please expound & educate.

Thanks,

Adriana 

This question is usually asked by the hobbyists: "How do I get OKs when I'm a newb and nobody will see me?" The knife cuts both ways.

As for P411, it's got a good reputation, is based in another country, and the owners are fairly active on several community boards. Because of all these, they've elevated their site to be perceived as one of the best. They're not perfect, but it's one of the better choices. It's also pretty convenient that they give us guys a free trial at the beginning to get us hooked on the service.

There's an element of risk that must be taken when establishing a reputation in this biz, for those of us on either side. I'm pretty well established in my home area and many of the providers here know each other--it not personally, then by reputation--so references can go a long way. There are still some who prefer to use their own screening methods because, like you, they don't trust that the unmanaged system of personal references is going to look out for them. Just choose what makes you comfortable. Make choices that feel smart and safe to you.

17 hours ago, Adriana Caliste said:

Another question is noone's concerned about them (P411) keeping a copy of your government issued ID? How are they mitigating this risk? It seems like if the government came down on them, everyone's personal information is threatened.

I like P411 because I only have to expose myself once to a Canadian company with a reputation to protect. They don't hold on to the proof, they say.

If someone hacked and published their client data, my family and friends would probably just say it figures, Kos exposing himself again....;)

So on p411 a hobbyist and a provider need different things to join.  As a hobbyist I need to prove employment/income.  I'm pretty sure I didn't need to provide my ID.  If I did, I blocked out some of the address and some of the ID#..  I truly don't remember giving them my ID though.

As I understand it, a provider needs to provide ID and at least one reference for a p411 member.  I'm don't know if it has to be on,y from a P411 client or if a p411 provider can provide that.  The ladies here would know better about that.

Then, a client with a P411 account and 1 or more "OKs" from providers seems to be "verifired" and ok to book with.  Also it seems of the client can provide you 2 provider references, from TOB, or P411, with email address or contact info from those providers so you can ask them, then that client can be considered verified or safe..

As daaacz said, just. P41 account isn't enough to see many providers.  Many providers want the P411 account and then a certain number of provider references as well in order to consider seeing that new client. So us guys might have to book dates with provides who say they are newbie friendly, and then ask them to vouch for us on p411 and TOB and even via email when anothe provider inquires about us.

on TOB, if a client has reviewed a couple or more providers in a positive light, it's safe to say that they probably have references and OKs from those providers.

This interne verification thing is fairly new to me as well, but that is my understanding of this "system"

Also there is the 411 part of the forum where clients can ask about a provider, even if her ad is from BP, or she is new to the Colorado scene, and see if anyone else has experience with her etc...

In terms of trusting providers that are giving references for isn't clients, you can read their reviews and P411 accounts and decide for yourself if their advice would be considered legit enough for you.  Many or most of the ladies on TOB seem willing to help each other and to help keep the screening process legit on all ends.

Hope that helps.  I'm sure a provider or two as well as more experienced TOB members will chime in... especially if I'm wrong....

Edited by Unclehazard91

1 hour ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Sorry.  Something went wrong when I was editing typos... sorry for the double post

You are not Wile E Coyote, nothing but an imposter I suppose :P

P411 works for me, TOB works for me, TER works for me, websites work for me. I have no problem answering what screening is required. Yesterday a lady asked for a pic, I sent her one and she asked "Where'd you catch that big ass fish?" Again yes reviews help but are not necessary. I think web sites in that circumstance are more important. Just the way I roll. I do use P411 a lot however. Most my PM's and appt requests are made there. 

34 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

You are not Wile E Coyote, nothing but an imposter I suppose :P

IMG_0492.JPG

1 minute ago, Laci French said:

Is that Ms Yote:D:D

I would never do that to your dog...  that's me having a head injury moment that rendered the double posting above...

Adriana, I love p411 and have never had any issues. The scheduling is easy and fast. 

I have been on the site for so long I honestly don't remember the specifics of joining.  

Someone step up and write this beautiful lady a review!

22 hours ago, Adriana Caliste said:

Dizzzaaaaam! My 1st few days on here have seriously been information overload. Sorry if I sound ignorant to the way you guys do things. I'm trying to understand the whole P411, review & reference protocol.  My observations & questions:

reviews + P411= hobbyist trust new provider

My question is how do you get reviews without the other variable in place? Visited P411 today & you must have a review to join. It appears P411 is the Holy Grail of screening. Is this the case? If so, why?

P411 + references= provider trust hobbyist

Okay, but what if I don't know any of the ladies? I'm supposed to just trust their word in a YMMV industry?

Another thing, I'm pretty sure gentlemen choose ladies they had a positive experience with for their references. How is this helping me when his references are ATFs?

Not asking for P411+references= LEO or dumb provider?

A lot of providers and most of my clients (been asking my regulars over the last few days) never heard of TOB or P411. I am ignorant to a lot of things going on here but far from LEO or dumb. So if I don't ask for references from ladies I don't know I'm automatically considered a risky provider?

Please expound & educate.

Thanks,

Adriana 

I have been an independent provider here in Denver for over 9 years and my 'screening' has never involved asking for references or P411 info.  I simply does not necessarily = safe and/or legit.

Some may assume I am one of those "dumb providers" because I don't ask for those things and that's okay with me. I'm not hurting for business and I've never had any legal trouble thus far.  Everyone operates their business the way they feel comfortable.  I rely on common sense and so far it's proven to work just fine.

I wrote about this recently, and then a client (not mine) from Twitter contacted me to explain his weird experience with P411 approval (scroll down, it's toward the bottom). 

For what it's worth, I didn't have to show ID to join P411.  I only needed to prove I was legit via website, ads, board profiles, and reviews.

P411 isn't perfect, but even with its faults, it beats Date-Check any day, lol.

Just noticed that my response earlier somehow omitted half of a sentence LOL. Oops. The second sentence should read 

I simply don't see the logic in asking a complete stranger to vouch for another stranger - and I know that a 411 membership does not necessarily = safe and/or legit. 

There now my comment hopefully makes some sense LOL xo

Thanks Everyone! I'm really enjoying how everyone here is willing to chime in and help out! I'm kicking my own self in the butt right now for not being on here sooner.

One more question (for now anyway); I noticed this on Backpage as well & since Miss NOLA brought it up, asking now.

What is the whole providers on Twitter phenomenon? I never really got into it as a personal social media tool. I noticed a lot of providers are using it and providing links in their ads over the last year or so. 

12 hours ago, NOLAcourtesan said:

I wrote about this recently, and then a client (not mine) from Twitter contacted me to explain his weird experience with P411 approval (scroll down, it's toward the bottom). 

For what it's worth, I didn't have to show ID to join P411.  I only needed to prove I was legit via website, ads, board profiles, and reviews.

P411 isn't perfect, but even with its faults, it beats Date-Check any day, lol.

I like your blog a lot

10 hours ago, Danielle Rae said:

Just noticed that my response earlier somehow omitted half of a sentence LOL. Oops. The second sentence should read 

I simply don't see the logic in asking a complete stranger to vouch for another stranger - and I know that a 411 membership does not necessarily = safe and/or legit. 

There now my comment hopefully makes some sense LOL xo

I recall a Google blog post from some exec saying that after he crunched the numbers on new software engineer recruits the only determiner of future success at Google was their past work experience. All the other different types of interview questions they asked had 0 bearing on the recruits performance outcome.

So to me screening is pretty much the same as an interview and the equivalent for past work experience is references.

3 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

I like your blog a lot

Hey, thanks!!  I'm glad someone enjoys it :)

3 hours ago, Adriana Caliste said:

Thanks Everyone! I'm really enjoying how everyone here is willing to chime in and help out! I'm kicking my own self in the butt right now for not being on here sooner.

One more question (for now anyway); I noticed this on Backpage as well & since Miss NOLA brought it up, asking now.

What is the whole providers on Twitter phenomenon? I never really got into it as a personal social media tool. I noticed a lot of providers are using it and providing links in their ads over the last year or so. 

I ❤️ twitter! I don't use it as an advertising tool, only for fun. 

a member from p411 (gentleman) can invite you.. ladies were able to sent invites before but not anymore. 

If any of your clients is on p411 ask him to sent you a request from his acct. 

Edited by Veronicaturbay

Everyone screens in their own way..with whatever makes them feel most comfortable..so no worries at all what anyone thinks of you or what to think of anyone else for what the require...be it references, what info, what site they are on, etc... because we all have our methods that keep us safe.

The same goes for guys too...I find that most guys who have contacted me, didnt just take it at face value that Im on P411 as a level of trust...they looked around to see where else I advertised, checked out my website, looked for reviews, forums, etc.  Everyone is doing however much, or however little they need to do.  So your equations of how providers see clients and vice versa are def not true of the majority.

For P411, yeah they just want to make sure you are a legit provider...being reviewed is great, they also look at other things too..your ads, your community presence etc.  They do not require our ID to join.  I do know back when I first started, they held off on my application til I got my first review.  I do like P411, and though Im not a big references person, I will accept them as part of my screening.

Now....because I try to be as involved as possible, and am on several different forums nationwide, plus in providers communities, I have gotten to know ladies from all over.  And its *definitely* awesome when a guy has a reference and I happen to know who she is. Of course Id trust her word, shes not a stranger to me...those are my fav types of references.  But if shes a total stranger, it doesnt mean that much at all.  So many variables.  I will say of P411 though, it is so...so rare that a guy who contacts me from there doesnt pass my screening plus all but one guy has been a great date...so when I do get a date request from there, its almost a given the date will happen.