The Dv8or

Tough to get a response

22 posts in this topic

I seem to have an awfully tough time getting providers to respond to my texts/calls.  I gotta say there's a lot of impulse in this kind of deal, and Id like to think the industry would respond to that in some way.  Im not talking "you better be ready in 20 minutes", but when I shoot out a call or text of "are you available this evening", the response rate is horrendous.  Is there something I should do better, or is that just the way it goes?  Kinda frustrating.  I hope any provider that reads this doesnt take personal offense, as Im thoroughly grateful for the industry, and would like to take more advantage of it.

Have you tried an appt request through p411?

Including screening info right off the bat is a good way to move up the priority list. "are you available this evening" what time are you messaging providers at? Any guy messaging me after 10 or 11pm I usually just ignore since they're unlikely to be the type of client I want unless I was already talking to them or they give me something like screening info in the initial message and say they want to book in advance. I generally at least respond to every non crazy message unless they were sent sometime between 11pm and 5am

I've heard March and April always tend to be a tad busier then the preceding months so it could also be providers right now are busier than usual? Also a fair amount of us don't do this full time...

1 hour ago, The Dv8or said:

I seem to have an awfully tough time getting providers to respond to my texts/calls.  I gotta say there's a lot of impulse in this kind of deal, and Id like to think the industry would respond to that in some way.  Im not talking "you better be ready in 20 minutes", but when I shoot out a call or text of "are you available this evening", the response rate is horrendous.  Is there something I should do better, or is that just the way it goes?  Kinda frustrating.  I hope any provider that reads this doesnt take personal offense, as Im thoroughly grateful for the industry, and would like to take more advantage of it.

It is good to read the advertisement of who you are contacting. Some like you to call, some like it if you text. Some like you to email or fill out the screening form on there website. All of this is in the approach you come with. 

Introducing yourself with a time and date along with your references is a way to recieving a response from a provider. 

Personally if we have never met or your not texting your 411 ID. I ignore.. There are too many  available ways to lie and deceive providers/clients these days with apps, fake emails, and so much more that a simple " Are you available " text goes pretty much nowhere with us..

Title your text, complete with your linked references, name and date desired, time-location, board handle if you have one ANYWHERE,,,, Just small steps  if you want us to reply love ;)

2 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Personally if we have never met or your not texting your 411 ID. I ignore.. There are too many  available ways to lie and deceive providers/clients these days with apps, fake emails, and so much more that a simple " Are you available " text goes pretty much nowhere with us..

Title your text, complete with your linked references, name and date desired, time-location, board handle if you have one ANYWHERE,,,, Just small steps  if you want us to reply love ;)

Just a reminder;

TxTing one's 411 ID would be a no-no; To keep that info secure one should go through P411 with a request.

8 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Just a reminder;

TxTing one's 411 ID would be a no-no; To keep that info secure one should go through P411 with a request.

I agree and always ask them to message through 411 and include the number they text from, it seems to weed out the B.S.

Oh how I do Love me some 411 ;)

Edited by Chrissy

Quick question, when a request is sent through P411, is it just a link or does it include an ID? Thanks!

If you call or text be specific about when and where. 

"Are you available tonight?" = window shopper. 

"Are you available for an hour at 7pm at your place?" = serious. 

I only offer references when requested. I have  a pretty high success rate. Others prefer only PMs. That can work too. 

13 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

It is good to read the advertisement of who you are contacting. Some like you to call, some like it if you text. Some like you to email or fill out the screening form on there website. All of this is in the approach you come with. 

Introducing yourself with a time and date along with your references is a way to recieving a response from a provider. 

This to me is the most sound advice there is. 

Am I the only one here who is just a little leery of the OP and his ever so smooth first post w/o introduction or the usual awkwardness of a typical Newbie's first post? The OP doesn't seem to be a legit "Hobbyer" and more like a Vice Detective both in phraseology and by his use of the term "the industry". Seriously, how many Newbies use "the industry" so fluidly in a first post?

Also just a little suspicious the OP hasn't had a follow-up post thanking everyone for all the helpful advice from the community, don't you think? 

57 minutes ago, jj254 said:

If you call or text be specific about when and where. 

"Are you available tonight?" = window shopper. 

"Are you available for an hour at 7pm at your place?" = serious. 

And what if you're window of opportunity is all evening and she has a 6pm. You're out of luck. 😰

If you have flexibility, mention that too. She may be able to see you at 9pm? 😁

2 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

Am I the only one here who is just a little leery of the OP and his ever so smooth first post w/o introduction or the usual awkwardness of a typical Newbie's first post? The OP doesn't seem to be a legit "Hobbyer" and more like a Vice Detective both in phraseology and by his use of the term "the industry". Seriously, how many Newbies use "the industry" so fluidly in a first post?

Also just a little suspicious the OP hasn't had a follow-up post thanking everyone for all the helpful advice from the community, don't you think? 

Methinks you might be a bit too jumpy on the suspicion.  Im fairly new to the scene, but Ive seen a few providers, and have become a regular of one provider who advertises here.  I also use the term 'industry' because I really dont know of a better term to use.

Im still hashing out everything that everyone has to say.  I am quite appreciative of everything that people contribute, but a lack of a 'thank you', while it might not be the best manners, doesnt automatically constitute 'cop'.

I really dont want to discuss my feelings on how cops see this all in this day and age because it seems to go against site rules, which I want to respect.  All I can tell you is that I am far from one.

Don't use "yo";)

Everyone has given you solid advice. Only thing I might add is if you don't have references then look for newbie friendly providers. Good luck and have fun!

3 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

If he's LE that could be the reason he's not getting responses. Make sure to not use company phone:D

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

34 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Don't use "yo";)

Oh yeah, that one I figured out real quick.  If there's one rule I know to follow from the start, it's "treat every lady like a lady".  I make sure to do that to the most.

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

And what if you're window of opportunity is all evening and she has a 6pm. You're out of luck. 😰

If you have flexibility, mention that too. She may be able to see you at 9pm? 😁

I've found in those cases she'll say '8pm works better for me.' Respond accordingly. Most providers don't want to pass up a serious inquiry. 

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

If he's LE that could be the reason he's not getting responses. Make sure to not use company phone:D

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I've debated whether I should answer 'yes' when ladies ask if I'm a cop. 

"Yeah, but i just wanna get some, not do paperwork.' 

Can we still play with the handcuffs and nightstick??:D

6 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

I think you're unnecessarily worried. Why would LE waste time on here asking advice? I'd bet they already have plenty of info on how to do their job.

I suspect it's someone who is new to "the industry", or maybe played elsewhere, and is now trying to get started here, and making the usual errors. 

My opinion, and worth what you paid for it! :)

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Can we still play with the handcuffs and nightstick?

Edited by ilovewomen
Spelling typos