Citori

Who wants to be my Companion...Free Flights

16 posts in this topic

I have companion pass, which allows free travel on the same flight as me for anyone I want to designate. I'm always thinking that would be a great thing to share with an ATF. 

Pros: 

• You and I both know each other. 
  • It cost you nothing in airfare to go on tour. 
  • If business is slow, you know I'm expensing meals 3 times a day. If you stay at the same hotel, you can always use my concierge lounge access as well. 
  • Holy shit, we could get adjoining rooms! Like Besties! All those extra towels
  • I'm paying for an uber to and from the airport and the hotel. 
  • I would not spend hours checking out the local board if I felt like having some fun. 

Cons:

• I'd have to have you real name for the airline
  • Your schedule would have to match mine

It seems like this coulkd work, I just need to thing about all the unintend consequense. 

Okay, you all have the general idea - someone improve my plan. 

1 hour ago, Citori said:

I have companion pass, which allows free travel on the same flight as me for anyone I want to designate. I'm always thinking that would be a great thing to share with an ATF. 

Pros: 

• You and I both know each other. 
  • It cost you nothing in airfare to go on tour. 
  • If business is slow, you know I'm expensing meals 3 times a day. If you stay at the same hotel, you can always use my concierge lounge access as well. 
  • Holy shit, we could get adjoining rooms! Like Besties! All those extra towels
  • I'm paying for an uber to and from the airport and the hotel. 
  • I would not spend hours checking out the local board if I felt like having some fun. 

Cons:

• I'd have to have you real name for the airline
  • Your schedule would have to match mine

It seems like this coulkd work, I just need to thing about all the unintend consequense. 

Okay, you all have the general idea - someone improve my plan. 

I'm game.:) But it has to have twin beds and a view of the pool.:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, tide32 said:

I'm game.:) But it has to have twin beds and a view of the pool.:rolleyes:

You are such a slut, you haven't even had coffee with the guy yet. :D

9 minutes ago, boink36 said:

I used up all my frequent flyer miles. Besides, He had me at, extra towels.:rolleyes:

Edited by tide32

23 minutes ago, boink36 said:

Not only that, he's got no idea where he's going.  I know you were close to him long ago.  Talk to him about stabilizing his meds again please. 

1 hour ago, tide32 said:

I used up all my frequent flyer miles. Besides, He had me at, extra towels.:rolleyes:

See, and I thought it would be all those free "car rides"! ;)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

With my luck ited be a Uber guy older than me with a Yugo.:mad:

Edited by tide32

46 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

See, and I thought it would be all those free "car rides"! ;)

No imagination tonight SultryKitten?

4 hours ago, Citori said:

.., Okay, you all have the general idea - someone improve my plan. 

To improve your plan up the ante with a guarantee of evening work, at least enough to cover her room. Whatever work she gets while you're TCB is her's business. 

BTW: I always considered expenses (transport, food, lodging, & entertainment) were mine as part of any travel program.

25 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

To improve your plan up the ante with a guarantee of evening work, at least enough to cover her room. Whatever work she gets while you're TCB is her's business. 

BTW: I always considered expenses (transport, food, lodging, & entertainment) were mine as part of any travel program.

Seems like a waste to not use that perk as often as possible. If a YL was touring and wanted to maximize earnings it could work. I see Denver ladies advertising in the cites I'm going to all the time. I always assumed they were paying for their flight but who knows maybe someone paid them to come in.

- good suggestion. I wasn't really thinking of this as "join me in Chicago" but that could work. It was more of a hey, 'want to use this perk'.  'Who want's to be my companion' is misleading as it's the airlines term.  The reality is if there was a way to make this work, the two of us would not have to interact on every trip.  We'd just be on the same plane to and from Denver. 

and if that sexy devil @tide32 was any good at being a wing man, maybe I'd pass on the ATF requirement. :)

Edited by Citori

Maybe, you could list your general destination.  I want to see NYC, but probably not going to North Dakota.

This possible arrangement has Judge Judy written all over it...

10 hours ago, Citori said:

No imagination tonight SultryKitten?

Lol! Ah hell, I couldn't resist teasing.

Honestly though, this has a lot of appeal especially since I travel extensively, but as with anything there are pros and cons. 

First, a lot of communication about the rules, what deems appropriate for payout with various things during the trip, trusting someone with your personal name, you will get to know eachother's quirks, etc.

A likely scenario: you two have plans as per agreement, but she gets a call for a client that wants the exact same time for a lot more whereas you two have a discounted rate set. If she is there to make money, it would be hard to lose that amount.

I think it should be with someone you know well so you two are more comfortable with the arrangement. Otherwise, I think most ladies would be hesitant even though it sounds good.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, SultryKitten said:

I think it should be with someone you know well so you two are more comfortable with the arrangement. Otherwise, I think most ladies would be hesitant even though it sounds good.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I TOTALLY agree. I've known my travel companions for years!

This would be great if I didn't have so many young responsibilities.  

I hope this works out well for both of you. 

26 minutes ago, Laci French said:

This would be great if I didn't have so many young responsibilities.  ...

This (jobs, pets, offspring, homes, etc.) is a major problem when looking for appropriate travel companions, in or out of the hobby.