Citori

When it it OK to double book? See body for details

13 posts in this topic

Question for the Guys and Gals.

1. I send a request for a meeting. I get zero response from the YL.  Many times days in advance. I just sent one for Thursday. 

2. When is it okay to assume I'll never get a response and attempt to arrange a meeting with someone else?

The reason I ask this is because I think I'm too nice, and I tend to never go to step 2, thinking, she will be calling in no time. I've started doing step 3. 

3. Request meeting with another YL the next morning. I do love morning meetings.

Sadly even when I do step 3, I often have very lonely trips where I only spend time with my co-workers. 

In the past I attempted to only do short notice so as not to be let down waiting and waiting for a response and that is also very lonely unless you are in texas.  

I think it is a shitty move to send out more than one request for Thursday.

Do you agree?

Ladies do you return meeting request only to hear, sorry I already booked someone else?

I don't think it's proper to ever double book. I'll ask for, and if I don't hear, then let it lapse then go on to the next open day. Now I will book one for say Friday am, and perhaps one for Saturday am, but I don't think that's double booking. I'd never ever say I found someone else. Just my $.02. 

Me too Fish. I've sent request before for afternoon, late night, and the next morning. I was think I'd have to find some little blue pills if they all replied and accepted. 

The last time I did that, I did have fun in the afternoon - no response for the late night request or following morning. 

If I haven't heard back in 24-36 hours, I call the next lady on my list. 

If I have booked an appointment with my backup and my original choice calls I'll say, "Sorry, but when I didn't hear from you I booked with someone else. Maybe next time." If original choice calls before the backup, go ahead and book with her. The above response is still valid if your backup calls later. 

All of the above assumes you're preplanning several days in advance.  For same day (or tomorrow) appointments, stick with your 1st call.

I've struggled with this as well since the YL's I tend to see prefer to prebook, and my schedule doesn't usually allow for a drop of the hat appointment.  I try to book a week or so in advance, then follow-up the day before to make sure we are all good.  If I don't hear back I will usually try to reach out the next morning, and if I haven't heard 6 - 8 hours before the scheduled time I take that as a we are not on.  By then, I am reluctant to try and do a short notice appointment, so I'll move onto my planning my next booking.  I do notice that FBSM providers tend to be more scheduled and mind their schedules more than FS gals, but it could just be who I'm choosing.  To answer the question, I don't think it's okay to double-book.  I think the provider's time is as valuable as mine.  That is why if I ever have to cancel I try to give 24 or more hours notice so she can fill the time with another gentleman.  I did have a migraine come on once and had to cancel with only 8 hours notice and offered to make it up to the provider, but she said there was no need and we rescheduled a very nice appointment.

I've learned to put a "response deadline" in the message. That way she knows I'm serious,and have a I have a deadline.

Example: " Hello Judy! I was hoping to schedule an appointment for Thursday at noon. I'd really love to see you! If I don't hear back by tommorow morning, I'll try elsewhere. Thanks for your consideration! 

35 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I've learned to put a "response deadline" in the message. That way she knows I'm serious,and have a I have a deadline.

Example: " Hello Judy! I was hoping to schedule an appointment for Thursday at noon. I'd really love to see you! If I don't hear back by tommorow morning, I'll try elsewhere. Thanks for your consideration! 

I agree with you 100%.  Till both of you agree to time and place there is no appointment.  I also understand these ladies get lot request and sometimes they fall through the cracks,  but we can't just wait around hoping the lady got our message.

I have had several gents call me, and not set an appointment at that time, because they are still shopping, and said "they were still waiting to hear from other providers".   They had many calls out!  I just assumed shopping was just part of how this all worked; maybe Not.

8 hours ago, pfunk said:

Good idea!

7 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

I have had several gents call me, and not set an appointment at that time, because they are still shopping, and said "they were still waiting to hear from other providers".   They had many calls out!  I just assumed shopping was just part of how this all worked; maybe Not.

When pre-booking I don't shop. I have a sorted list of YL in my head, but they get crossed off that list one-by-one as they fail to return my message/call or are unavailable for my timeframe.

If I'm looking for something last minute (ex: It's 10AM but my 2PM appointment just cancelled.) then I may call a number of YL with the admonition that the first to return my call gets the session. But that seldom works. More often than not my window of opportunity slams shut on a horny me when I need a short notice appointment. Better to just visit an AMP for stress relief. 

13 hours ago, Citori said:

Question for the Guys and Gals.

1. I send a request for a meeting. I get zero response from the YL.  Many times days in advance. I just sent one for Thursday. 

2. When is it okay to assume I'll never get a response and attempt to arrange a meeting with someone else?

The reason I ask this is because I think I'm too nice, and I tend to never go to step 2, thinking, she will be calling in no time. I've started doing step 3. 

3. Request meeting with another YL the next morning. I do love morning meetings.

Sadly even when I do step 3, I often have very lonely trips where I only spend time with my co-workers. 

In the past I attempted to only do short notice so as not to be let down waiting and waiting for a response and that is also very lonely unless you are in texas.  

I think it is a shitty move to send out more than one request for Thursday.

Do you agree?

Ladies do you return meeting request only to hear, sorry I already booked someone else?

I look at from an appointment request and appointment acceptance standpoint similar to p411.

You make an appointment request, if that request has not been accepted by the YL then you should be free to schedule another appointment at the same time.

The time period that you are willing to wait to receive the acceptance/rejection notification  is personal prerogative but it would seem appropriate that if there is a time sensitivity to your request  then it should be known by all parties. 

8 hours ago, pfunk said:

Great advice pfunk +1,000

as an alternative you could also follow-up saying: I sent an appointment request "x time ago" and I didn't receive your response, I just wanted to let you know that I'll reach out next time I have an opportunity.  Then you have given your notice that you are withdrawing your request and can move on. 

Great Advice in this thread. In business I add a deadline or include an expectation on the response. I have no idea why i wasn't doing that in my P411 requests. 

Since posting, I sent PM's via P411 to both of the ladies I requested appoints with.  Wed - evening and Thursday. 

'Seems like you are booked up this week, I'll try you on a future trip.' 

The new P411 request include a deadline to respond. 

I follow the same rules in this as in all aspects of life: tell the truth.  If I am booking a time and it is getting close, I will contact more than one YL, but I am very clear and say something like:  "I'm not sure if I will be able to make it or not just yet, but if I can get away at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow, would you be available?  If you are, I can firm it up within a couple of hours, please let me know as soon as possible if you are free tomorrow at 10:00, I hope so, I am looking forward to seeing you."

The key to this is that as soon as you get someone respond that they can make it, you firm it up ASAP and let the others know that things didn't work out after all, but that you will be contacting them soon.  Don't leave anyone hanging on the impression that you have a date - that could cause you to be considered to be a no-show, which is a bad place to be.