Favorite denomination for hobbying donations

41 posts in this topic

Fifties, right?  Unless overnights or travel dates? Then Benjamins?

Always wished the ATMs let you pick what bills you want...

ATMs dispense 20s, so 20s it is! I aint got time to wait for no teller! :lol:

Generally mixed bag. I always keep a contingency stash just in case it goes over or tipping. 

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

Basically I agree with you. But I do know an ATM that dispenses $50s 😄

Edited by Bit Banger

10 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Benjis allllll the way! :) 

I hate fifties! I can't count those with those odd numbers! :lol:

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I hate fifties! I can't count those with those odd numbers! :lol:

I always thought 50s were the low key preference.  Easier to break at a store etc than 100s but less of a stack than a bunch of 20s.  learn something new every day....

4 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Generally mixed bag. I always keep a contingency stash just in case it goes over or tipping. 

Me also, normally 50's and 100's since I schedule at least an hour or more.

This thread has been very helpful. Perhaps I need to rethink my usual way of doing things which has been to hand over a bag of loose nickels and dimes with an IOU for the balance.

37 minutes ago, Unclehazard91 said:

I cant wait till bitcoin is an option.

We had a thread on this not too long ago.  The problem was the volatility of bitcoin, transaction fees to turn it back into cash, etc.

35 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

We had a thread on this not too long ago.  The problem was the volatility of bitcoin, transaction fees to turn it back into cash, etc.

I hear ya.  a guy can dream.

9 hours ago, pfunk said:

I noticed recently that Wells Fargo ATM's now give you the option of all 20's, all 50's (assuming your amount is divisible by 50) or a mix of the two.  I like it.

Interesting, the only two female respondees (who are the only ones who actually matter), both said that they did not like 50s.  That is a surprise to me, because I go to a lot of trouble to get nice new $50 bills for my visits, thinking that they were the perfect compromise between a giant pile of smaller bills and a few $100s that you can't seem to get stores to take anymore.  Live and learn.  I guess it is back to portraits of Benjamin (although bearing portraits of Ulysses was such a great metaphor for my travels to visit the sirens).

Now if someone says they prefer a giant stack of 2 dollar bills...

1 hour ago, Badboy said:

Interesting, the only two female respondees (who are the only ones who actually matter), both said that they did not like 50s.  That is a surprise to me, because I go to a lot of trouble to get nice new $50 bills for my visits, thinking that they were the perfect compromise between a giant pile of smaller bills and a few $100s that you can't seem to get stores to take anymore.  Live and learn.  I guess it is back to portraits of Benjamin (although bearing portraits of Ulysses was such a great metaphor for my travels to visit the sirens).

Me too.  Learned something.  Unless a YL says steaks, cuz I know where a cow is that nobody is watching that closely...

Edited by Unclehazard91

Jeeze, UncleHazard, I think you have seen too many reruns of "Rancho Deluxe."  So yes, Lucy, I do watch movies too.

Edited by Badboy
cause I felt like it

On 2/27/2017 at 9:59 PM, FuriousWeasel said:

Always wished the ATMs let you pick what bills you want...  anything is fine.  Well, maybe not ones all f crumpled up from the piggy bank...

I have heard that a lot of counterfeit $100 bills are floating around the area 

15 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Now if someone says they prefer a giant stack of 2 dollar bills...

Maybe they like guns

What happens to this industry when we become a cashless society? Some countries have already taken paper money out of circulation and others, i.e. Australia are considering the same thing.

1 minute ago, MrBigShot said:

What happens to this industry when we become a cashless society? Some countries have already taken paper money out of circulation and others, i.e. Australia are considering the same thing.

I honestly doubt by then in America, I'm gonna care lol. 

Not trying to be a "tin foil hat" alarmist but this is already happening in America. Billions of $1 bills have been taken out of circulation.

10 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Not trying to be a "tin foil hat" alarmist but this is already happening in America. Billions of $1 bills have been taken out of circulation.

How are we gonna make it rain at shotgun willies now?  And in a cashless society, please refer to my "steaks" comment above.  I could also see a car stereo, or an iPhone being rendered as tender... (not really, but for humors sake I make this point)

The fifties option was something I picked up a long time ago in L.A cuz it was easier to break in a store etc for the person cashing it in somewhere.  Many dispensaries who store cash like to convert it into 50s as well.

but in this context, whatever the ladies prefer is what I'm gonna put in the envelope.

I've paid with bitcoin in the past. Sadly my antminers cost more in electricity now then they produce. 

Starting to sound like a game show. 

"Roll around in a pile of various denominations.  Whatever sticks you get to keep."   

Ok, that might have went too far...