Lost my contacts last week😟

28 posts in this topic

So.... I lost all my contacts in my phone last week... if you haven't heard from me it's because I've lost your number...

I am glad I saw you before you lost MY contact! :D

2 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

should you be keeping contacts of John's? 

Not just John, but Paul and Ringo too. :angry: Some people just never learn. :rolleyes::P

22 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

So.... I lost all my contacts in my phone last week... if you haven't heard from me it's because I've lost your number...

If you post your number believe me they will be in touch at 2, 3, 4AM:mad:

What happened to your phone lovey??

my phone took a dump....in water and all contacts were on device:(

5 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

should you be keeping contacts of John's? 

I keep my friends number if they ask...nothing wrong with having friends right?

10 hours ago, tide32 said:

Not just John, but Paul and Ringo too. :angry: Some people just never learn. :rolleyes::P

And Bill!;)

20 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

my phone took a dump....in water and all contacts were on device:(

Ok, i'll bite. What exactly were you doing with your phone that got it so wet.:rolleyes:

I was laying it on back of commode and it vibrated it's way into it😜

I wish I was doing something more fun like shower videos💋👀💦😂

16 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

I wish I was doing something more fun like shower videos💋👀💦😂

Short of having a camera crew, a GoPro is better for that... Waterproof!

I hope you didn't throw your old phone away? I took my phone that was soaked to a place near Parker Rd & Havana . Fully recovered for $65.

57 minutes ago, inkspot said:

I hope you didn't thrthink iesw your old phone away? I took  my phone that was soaked to a place near Parker Rd & Havana . Fully recovered for $65.

Screw that until I can do the necessary sniff Test that i Think is required by Tide32 law. :cool::rolleyes:

On 2/23/2017 at 3:53 AM, Bella Marie said:

I was laying it on back of commode and it vibrated it's way into it😜

Next time put your phone in a sealed jar of rice for a few days. The little warranty stickers inside will still show water damage, but the rice will often suck enough moisture from the device to make it functional. 

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Next time put your phone in a sealed jar of rice for a few days. The little warranty stickers inside will still show water damage, but the rice will often suck enough moisture from the device to make it functional. 

Thank you😊 that would have definitely saved me some money😉

No offense to Bit but I did the same thing a month ago and the rice didn't bring my iPhone back to life😂😂😂😂

I didn't say it worked all the time. But you never know until you try.  

No offense taken. Too many variables. 

Edited by Bit Banger

The tech explained a thin mineral film must be removed from the circuitry after drying or it will short out. His advice was do not turn a phone after it gets wet. Take it to a repair shop ASAP.

I drove by a place yesterday that had some big sign about being able to repair all water damage. I'm trying to remember where it was... That is a bummer!

Silaca  packets work well for wet phones.  Remove all memory and sim chips, open battery cover, remove batteries if they are removeable, line a ziplock with parchment paper and put all the parts inside.  Open it and change parchment paper twice daily.  You can get large silica packets from Amazon.  Rice can create bacteria when it gets wet and is in a closed bag.  As soon as you can try the SIM card and or memory cards in another phone to see if the data is preserved.  So,etimes you can do that at a cel carrier store or car toys etc.

I thought you meant contacts for your eyes (contact lens) & now clients became much more handsome...but you are far too nice to make that sort of comment.
(I'm clearly not.)

On 2/20/2017 at 9:32 PM, Bella Marie said:

You know, If you wore Glasses instead that wouldn't happen!:lol:

Late to this thread, but, might be other options for silica vs waiting on an Amazon shipment.

Silica might be purchased at Micro Center. That is right in ASPville neighborhood (aka DTC, 25/225 intersection).

Staples, Office Depot/Max, Home Depot might carry as well. Ditto pack/ship stores like UPS Store, Kinkos, et al.