Ile Haversnatch

Are We Covered?

6 posts in this topic

AHEM! Apologies in advance if this has been covered in a previous post but as for reading through the bajillions, ain't nobody got time fo' dat. And I don't mean to affect anyone's tender sensitivities so, at the risk of another tongue lashing, this post and its questions are specifically for the ones who insist on covered fun only.

DATY and UTF aside, which I love but have trouble with for the same reason, how comfortable are you in being protected against STIs as they're now called? Do you wait a while for symptoms to appear before being having intercourse with others? How long? What are your thoughts on dental dams to indulge in one of life's greatest pleasures? When condoms don't quite cover the sitch ;), can our fleshly pleasures permeate skin? My admittedly feeble understanding is that HIV is not as likely to be transmitted as Chlamydia from oral, for example, which in general are we more or less susceptible to? I once visited an AMP who sprayed a freshly shaved junior with cool, tingly alcohol, before covering me...is that a thing?

Ladies, is it offensive to be asked for recent testing? Do you bother asking, my dudes? And dudes, does it scratch ladies off your repeat list when you find out uncovered is on the menu?

Ready, aim...fire! But know that elder :P villagers suggesting a new hobby and crap will not help raise us youngins :eek:. Back to my hiding place under the blanket.

I take those precautions I need to protect me. Unless it's my S/O, that involves a condom for FS. 

If my partner has further safety requests, I abide by those. 

I worry about me, and let everyone else worry about themselves. ;)

Yes, of course this has been covered, but no harm in asking. 

Here's the cliff notes of the replies you'll get:  most everyone will assert that whatever they consider to be appropriate is the Holy Grail of how things should be done.

In my opinion, the only accurate answer is the same answer regarding any other form of risk - There is no "right" answer, it's up to you to decide what you're comfortable with.  Some people refuse to drive on the interstate, and others set land speed records.  Some people won't climb a ladder, yet I recently watched a video of a guy skydiving from around 20,000' into a net with no parachute.  I participate in a form of motorsport that I am comfortable with and I have a friend who is a professional bull rider.  We each think think the other is nuts.  It's all about perspective.

Just do you what you want with others who want to do the same, and to hell with everyone else.

1 hour ago, Keyser said:

... Just do you what you want with others who want to do the same, and to hell with everyone else.

I mostly agree, except for the last bit. You need to respect the limits of your partner in crime. If they match yours, have at it. 

I wouldn't ask this place for sex-ed advice. Everyone is a doctor and everyone has a different opinion. Research actual statistics and then calculate your risk.

Just never, ever ask a lady if she's "clean".

30 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I wouldn't ask this place for sex-ed advice. Everyone is a doctor and everyone has a different opinion. Research actual statistics and then calculate your risk.

Just never, ever ask a lady if she's "clean".

of course she would lie to you anyway whether she was or not, she doesn't want to lose your moneyou.

same as if the lady asked us guys are you clean? well yes I am.