Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shilling?

8 posts in this topic

Ok I have a question? Don't care who replies.

Does 2 reviews in 3 weeks by the same reviewer for the same provider equal shilling? Or is indicative of self reviewing?

For some reason, I thought a guy had to wait 6 months before reviewing a provider he has seen and reviewed.

Heck there are a lot of ladies I have seen multiple times that I would LOVE to help their bidness by reviewing every 2-3 weeks!

Not making a judgement, just asking?

Edited by a_happycamper_12
Punctuation

2 hours ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Does 2 reviews in 3 weeks by the same reviewer for the same provider equal shilling? Or is indicative of self reviewing?

For some reason, I thought a guy had to wait 6 months before reviewing a provider he has seen and reviewed.

Heck there are a lot of ladies I have seen multiple times that I would LOVE to help their bidness by reviewing every 2-3 weeks!

Before the last software change, you could only review the same girl every x months (I dont remember the time limit). The software does not limit it currently. I think shilling (by TOB's definition) only occurs on the discussion forums, not reviews. I don't know why frequency would equal self-reviewing. However, one guy, reviewing the same girl, too frequently, probably won't increase her business anyway. My two cents...:wub:

There was a caveat to the old time limit: ... unless there is a significant change in service. 

For example:

• the 1st session is FBSM & the 2nd is FS
  • the 1st is an hour, the 2nd is all night
  • the 1st was solo, the 2nd is part of a dynamic duo 

Like pfunk, I think the shilling rules apply to the discussion forums, which are less moderated than the reviews. If the mods let a 2nd review through, there's probably a reason. 

Edited by Bit Banger

My experience: the mods e-mailed me when I did a second review in a couple month time period that unless the experience provided something new (as BB says) then every x months (I want to say 4) for same experience would be appropriate.  I've tried to follow that.

If the software and Mods allow it, then I see nothing wrong with this form of shilling...and to answer your question, it is shilling.

I think you could make the case that one review could be called shilling.  I think that multiple reviews of the same provider is OK as long as each review corresponds to a new session.  I give less weight to multiple reviews by the same person as I do to unique reviews.  I assume most do as well.

On 2/16/2017 at 5:41 PM, a_happycamper_12 said:

On 2/20/2017 at 3:39 PM, Mustang87 said:

I think you could make the case that one review could be called shilling.  I think that multiple reviews of the same provider is OK as long as each review corresponds to a new session.  I give less weight to multiple reviews by the same person as I do to unique reviews.  I assume most do as well.

Thanks for the heads up on this: The review slipped through & has been removed.

• Review Guideline:: One review per 60 days with no more than four per year if there is no change. This should allow a reviewer some latitude on posting to a particular provider....