raul

Outcall advice and DTC glut

15 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about visiting a lady for an incall for the first time and I'm apprehensive about a couple of things. Thoughts and experiences from the wonderful ladies and gentlemen here would be immensely appreciated.

I'm likely going to be at a hotel. Does one just walk in nonchalantly and head to the elevator or do you suggest some other way? I'm gonna be dressed reasonably well (no hoodies at the Hyatt!) but I certainly am not planning to carry a FedEx envelope or briefcase, as suggested by some. I feel that's just overkill.

Basically, my question is, has anyone had trouble looking purposeful when walking into a hotel for such activities? Have you been stopped or questioned by attendants or staff? I ask this because I do not think I have ever walked into a hotel without the intention of staying there or attending a conference.

Secondly, I'm gonna be taking a Uber. Does that change the plan of action in any way?

Onto an observation of mine, how on earth are there so many ladies in the DTC?! I mean, is there some collusion between hotels and agencies, jk. On a serious note, wouldn't such a concentration of ladies lead to a large number or clients walking in and out of hotels? And wouldn't this lead to the hotel management to get curious?

Thanks for reading. I know I've asked a lot...

In all the hotels I've ever visited I've never had problem one. I say good morning as I pass front desk. I've never carried anything except a bottle of wine and opener (she didn't have one) once. That being said, the only in-call I will visit anymore is a private in. Hotels just simply aren't my thing anymore. I host a lot, but many are opposed to that like I am hotels. 

The one thing I do is ask the lady where the elevator's are if I have never been to the hotel before. 

Don't take her flowers nothing sticks out more to hotel staff more so female staff. I got that advice from a long time since retired provider. Other gifts that can fit in your pocket or a store bag OK.

Act natural no differently than you do when going to see that friend from out of town at their hotel. Each lady is different and I can't speak for them. I will let gentlemen know if there is an entrance option other than past the front desk. Maybe see if she will stay on the phone with you till you get to the elevator have done that before as well.

Oh did I mention RELAX you are just going to visit a friend.

Edited by Crystal West

Hotels have 100s of rooms  The front desk clerk could care less who you are.  Walk in like you have been staying there for a week or that you own the hotel.  Confidence is key!!  I come and go from hotels often, ones i have booked and ones I am visiting, and I have never felt uncomfortable.  I do dress very casually when visiting.  I do not want to stand out in a black slinky dress and heels at noon.... so far no one has complained about the yoga pants, since they come off so quickly.  Honestly, no one is going to even notice you coming in Uber..... chin up, walk with purpose..      enjoy your date!!

3 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Hotels have 100s of rooms  The front desk clerk could care less who you are.  Walk in like you have been staying there for a week or that you own the hotel.  Confidence is key!!  I come and go from hotels often, ones i have booked and ones I am visiting, and I have never felt uncomfortable.  I do dress very casually when visiting.  I do not want to stand out in a black slinky dress and heels at noon.... so far no one has complained about the yoga pants, since they come off so quickly.  Honestly, no one is going to even notice you coming in Uber..... chin up, walk with purpose..      enjoy your date!!

Exactly... you can always look like you own the place.  If you see an employee paying you a little too much attention, just ask "What time does house cleaning come by again?"

1 hour ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Exactly... you can always look like you own the place.  If you see an employee paying you a little too much attention, just ask "What time does house cleaning come by again?"

I wouldn't ask that question because they will then ask what room and will probably come by to check if anything is needed.

To the OP, just ask for directions to the room before you head inside and stop being paranoid. 

28 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I wouldn't ask that question because they will then ask what room and will probably come by to check if anything is needed.

To the OP, just ask for directions to the room before you head inside and stop being paranoid. 

Never, ever ask what time housekeeping comes by.

Walk in just like you belong there, scan the lobby quickly for signs showing where the elevators are or room numbers and walk that way...without stopping.

If you make a wrong turn and have to come back by the front desk, just do it and don't make a big deal of it.

There are guests coming and going all the time and the front desk staff will mainly ignore you unless you stop and ask a question or make a big deal out of not knowing where to go.  Just own it.

And like Laci says "stop being paranoid".

Just to clarify - I was the one who suggested a Fed-X envelope, and that was simply if you felt uncomfortable carrying in a gift (i.e., a Victoria's Secret gift box, bottle of wine, chocolates, etc.)  As to discomfort in the hotels, I can't imagine why so many folks are uncomfortable in hotels.  I travel a lot on business and they are like second homes to me, and I always have taught my kids that if you need to use a bathroom, pick the fanciest hotel you can find, since they are the least likely to bother you.  You indicated that you have been to conferences in a hotel, just walk in like you are heading to a conference, but need to head up to your room first.  If you are really worried about someone talking to you, just put your cell phone up to your ear and have a one-way conversation: "Yeah, I know, we need the Wilson contracts, I'm going up to my room right now to get them, see you in a few minutes...."  No employee will ever interrupt you.

2 minutes ago, Badboy said:

Just to clarify - I was the one who suggested a Fed-X envelope, and that was simply if you felt uncomfortable carrying in a gift (i.e., a Victoria's Secret gift box, bottle of wine, chocolates, etc.)  As to discomfort in the hotels, I can't imagine why so many folks are uncomfortable in hotels.  I travel a lot on business and they are like second homes to me, and I always have taught my kids that if you need to use a bathroom, pick the fanciest hotel you can find, since they are the least likely to bother you.  You indicated that you have been to conferences in a hotel, just walk in like you are heading to a conference, but need to head up to your room first.  If you are really worried about someone talking to you, just put your cell phone up to your ear and have a one-way conversation: "Yeah, I know, we need the Wilson contracts, I'm going up to my room right now to get them, see you in a few minutes...."  No employee will ever interrupt you.

Make sure the phones not on full ring so it's ringing as you're talkin about Wilson ;)

I have had both private incalls and hotel incalls, and can say that they aren't really different as long as the lady gives you clear direction as to where to go, and you proceed to follow those directions. I, myself, try to be concise when directing clients to me even at hotels like telling them where the elevators are because I have been in some crazy hotels where the elevator is hard to find. Just dress "dress casual", remember the directions, peruse the area to familiarize yourself with the place, walk in with purpose, and have a good time. The cellphone convo is a good idea if need to be used.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

"Crap, I have a call on the other line, hang on, yeah, hi babe, just heading up to the room, see you in a minute..."

Gotta be fast on your feet (I actually have never done the phone thing, since I am pretty relaxed in hotels.)

So this reminds me of a story:  I was going to see one of our lovely ladies (and a frequent poster here) who was in a DTC hotel.  She gave me the address and name of the hotel, and told me to call when I got there.  So I parked and called on the way to the door, and she said that she was delayed and had just checked in, so to give her 20 minutes.  Well, it was damned cold, so I went in and sat down in the lobby in front of the inevitable fireplace and started checking my e-mails, but that got old pretty quickly, so I went over to the Concierge desk and asked for a newspaper.  Was reading the newspaper, waiting for the call (which, of course, took more than 20 minutes) and had been there so long that an employee asked if they could help me, so I said, "no, I'm OK, just waiting for a friend, we are going to go out for dinner, is there a good Sushi place around here?"  She gave me a 5-minute description of a great little sushi restaurant nearby and left quite satisfied at fulfilling her guest-service role.  I got the call, headed for the elevator, and up to the room.  I figured if my breath smelled like fish on the way out, it would fit the story just fine B)

My iPhone usually just beeps in my ear, not ring when I have an incoming call. You must have an android or blackberry lol. 

31 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

My iPhone usually just beeps in my ear, not ring when I have an incoming call. You must have an android or blackberry lol. 

They meant if you are on a fake phone call just so no one will bother you as you walk through.  Turn the ringer off so you don't embarrass yourself.

I probably should not be giving confidence lesson, since I am not the one to follow the rules...  

I had a quicky in the Starbucks bathroom.  Those sinks really can hold 130 pounds.  LOL 

My favorite was my then boyfriend would lift my dress at dinner or at the café, and I would soak the floor.  

The airport parking garage was a bit tricky, and a little cold .

BTW... all before I was a provider!!  The world is my playground...