Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PieluvinTexan

Providers charging deposits ???

34 posts in this topic

I recently read on another thread that a provider was suggesting that charging deposits and or raising prices might be a solution to offset the lost income from the out of control no shows that are going on lately. I can only assume she is talking about first time clients that she has personally never seen. I would be interested to know from the ladies if that is something that more than one of you has thought about and if so how would you make that work to your benefit. 

I personally don't see how deposits would work since 1. This is mostly a cash business ( I don't understand how the bitcoin thing works nor do I even want to try and I'm sure I'm not the only guy that feels this way) 2. There aren't too many guys out there that are going to trust a lady they have never met with their credit card number over the phone. Why should they trust you any more than you trust them? 3. If prices are raised then couldn't that potentially exclude a lot of clients that have a certain budget for entertainment. I know I personally have a number that I will not go over no matter how gorgeous or well reviewed the provider is. I would think that no matter what the price you still will have no shows maybe even more if the price is higher.4. Would the price hike affect your regulars or are they locked-in at the lower price.

Guys, is this something you would be willing to deal with in order to continue to enjoy this hobby?

6 minutes ago, H2Opieluver said:

I recently read on another thread that a provider was suggesting that charging deposits and or raising prices might be a solution to offset the lost income from the out of control no shows that are going on lately. I can only assume she is talking about first time clients that she has personally never seen. I would be interested to know from the ladies if that is something that more than one of you has thought about and if so how would you make that work to your benefit. 

I personally don't see how deposits would work since 1. This is mostly a cash business ( I don't understand how the bitcoin thing works nor do I even want to try and I'm sure I'm not the only guy that feels this way) 2. There aren't too many guys out there that are going to trust a lady they have never met with their credit card number over the phone. Why should they trust you any more than you trust them? 3. If prices are raised then couldn't that potentially exclude a lot of clients that have a certain budget for entertainment. I know I personally have a number that I will not go over no matter how gorgeous or well reviewed the provider is. I would think that no matter what the price you still will have no shows maybe even more if the price is higher.4. Would the price hike affect your regulars or are they locked-in at the lower price.

Guys, is this something you would be willing to deal with in order to continue to enjoy this hobby?

My response back was I do not plan on taking credit cards and do not want to deal with that in any regards. As I said, I would like the client to be vested in the appointment. I think that the verification and giving them a bad reputation is the best way we can deal with the no show no call waste of time. Is there a way that you can report a bad client on top or only on the verification sites? I believe the rates are fine if the client actually shows up for the appointment. I do not want to price myself out of range for my clients. I did raise my prices after I first began, but my original clients are locked in at that price. I am very grateful to my clients that got me started a few months ago into this Hobby.

To me raising the price would be punishing our already loyal and wonderful gentlemen.  We should not pass that cost of the bad ones on to our great ones.  

Take a deposit for what spending time with somebody are you giving me something to just laugh my ass off about?  Seriously, that's like giving your shrink a down payment on making you sane!!!!

1 hour ago, H2Opieluver said:

... 2. There aren't too many guys out there that are going to trust a lady they have never met with their credit card number over the phone. Why should they trust you any more than you trust them? ...

^^ this ^^

If this is a first time visit & she asks for a deposit - NEXT!

I have been know to offer a deposit (make that 'usually') for my extended travel companions. This allows them to cover 'at home' expenses before we depart. But these are ladies I have spent time with & trust. 

I agree with the OP.  I understand the thinking on the surface of requiring a deposit, but in practice I don't see it working for the reason already expressed.  I, for one, would never but down a deposit of any type. 

You guys do realize that the top-notch providers nationwide require a deposit and strict screening to see them, and they do quite well with it so yes, it does work. It doesn't mean it will work for everyone, and if a lady feels like that is her best option to avoid these kind of situations then more power to her.

I found a program that I am seriously thinking about using that would allow my regulars to set an appt, and pay in advance for some of my guys that would be interested in that kind of thing. A lot of people are getting to the point where carrying cash is becoming rare, and credit is more common. Now, I am still hesitant to use this with newbies, but I would be open to it after an initial connection.

I do understand the trust thing, but if you are doing it with ladies that have good, consistent reviews then I don't see what the issue would be. Legit providers do not want bad reviews.

It is your prerogative, and if you are uncomfortable then you will just have to find another lady that has your preferred paying method in place.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Remember all of these payment methods other than cash have a paper trail and can be easily tracked.  I do not want any more risk. 

19 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

You guys do realize that the top-notch providers nationwide require a deposit and strict screening to see them, and they do quite well with it so yes, it does work. It doesn't mean it will work for everyone, and if a lady feels like that is her best option to avoid these kind of situations then more power to her.

I found a program that I am seriously thinking about using that would allow my regulars to set an appt, and pay in advance for some of my guys that would be interested in that kind of thing. A lot of people are getting to the point where carrying cash is becoming rare, and credit is more common. Now, I am still hesitant to use this with newbies, but I would be open to it after an initial connection.

I do understand the trust thing, but if you are doing it with ladies that have good, consistent reviews then I don't see what the issue would be. Legit providers do not want bad reviews.

It is your prerogative, and if you are uncomfortable then you will just have to find another lady that has your preferred paying method in place.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I suppose the prerogative thing goes both ways but it also cuts down on the potential client base for the ladies as well as the choices for the guys so I see it as a possible lose lose situation 

27 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

You guys do realize that the top-notch providers nationwide require a deposit and strict screening to see them, and they do quite well with it.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

How well  ???  Can't see making deposits as being anything other than a potential rip off .

There are a few, and I mean very few ladies that require a deposit and if I was in a frame of mind to see them, I'd have no problem. They're established nationwide and very well known her in Colorado. The dilemma would be how. I have paid a cancellation fee before, I simply bought her gift points on P411 to help her out with her banner ad. I have actually paid just only for time and companionship too. Lunch, then I paid for lunch too LOL. Will not make a habit of either, but sometimes this, or any hobby requires expenditures. My $.02 anyway.

I might pay a deposit if I could use something like a Green Dot card, but would need to be a VERY special provider.

Big issue I've seen with providers asking for deposit is that the payment systems do not allow anonymous accounts. So, now my stuff is out there, and my name is now tied to potential Federal wire fraud charges (agencies and spas have had that charge tacked onto the laundry list of counts for using credit cards).

39 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

How well  ???  Can't see making deposits as being anything other than a potential rip off .

Here is a link of just a few ladies that require deposits, and they do VERY well! Also, on that list that asks for deposits is our own Colorado lady, Mona Talbot. These ladies hold the cake to true companionship. I watch and learn from all of these ladies, and if my body was as blessed as theirs, I would SO be at their price range, and I would never even think to rip off my clients.

Just another reason right here is why this business will go through hell to be legalized. -_-

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

4 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

To me raising the price would be punishing our already loyal and wonderful gentlemen.  We should not pass that cost of the bad ones on to our great ones.  

The price of living in Denver went waaayyyy up why should our rates not be proportional? It's not a punishment, we have to pay more for everything while still making the same amount of money. Hotels and apartments are more expensive, gas is more expensive, advertising is more expensive. It really isn't an insult to raise rates generally speaking.

As rates go down and costs go up providers who rely on this full time end up taking more volume than preferred. Denver has some of the lowest rates in the nation for a big city and we're rapidly becoming the most expensive. It has to even itself out eventually and one of the best ways is to collectively raise prices. It doesn't mean that everyone should be 500 an hour what I really mean is that we should all be pushing of an average of 200 per visit. Because it's expensive to provide in this town and unfortunately the consumer is the one who has to pay.

9 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

The price of living in Denver went waaayyyy up why should our rates not be proportional? It's not a punishment, we have to pay more for everything while still making the same amount of money. Hotels and apartments are more expensive, gas is more expensive, advertising is more expensive. It really isn't an insult to raise rates generally speaking.

As rates go down and costs go up providers who rely on this full time end up taking more volume than preferred. Denver has some of the lowest rates in the nation for a big city and we're rapidly becoming the most expensive. It has to even itself out eventually and one of the best ways is to collectively raise prices. It doesn't mean that everyone should be 500 an hour what I really mean is that we should all be pushing of an average of 200 per visit. Because it's expensive to provide in this town and unfortunately the consumer is the one who has to pay.

You are correct... we all need to make a good living.  No one should be providing for so little.  I feel my rate is fine..... the girls with such low rates need to raise them.  Colorado has become ridiculous, and so over priced.  I cannot believe some girls are $500.00 and some are $150.00.  

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

^^ this ^^

If this is a first time visit & she asks for a deposit - NEXT!

I have been know to offer a deposit (make that 'usually') for my extended travel companions. This allows them to cover 'at home' expenses before we depart. But these are ladies I have spent time with & trust. 

Its encouraging to read this... I literally just tonight had updated my rates to include a deposit for my travel dates. I only do travel dates with someone Ive already met... but now that I have a sweet rescue pup, I would need to make arrangements for him during my travel.  There are also various expenses I need to take care of to be able to be away, plus I always always seem to end up going shopping for new lingerie / clothes / anything (Im such a girl) for a trip, so its not a matter of trust, having a deposit would really help.

On the matter of deposits to avoid shows or cancellations... nah. I mean, I have it on my website that I will charge one at my discretion to book another date, but thats it.  I dont get too many no shows and cancellations at home though. Now when I tour..thats when it hurts..and it hurts *bad* because Im out a *lot* of money for making the trip.  I had one tour where every..single..guy...cancelled on me.  Part of me wanted to crawl into bed and cry..but I made the most of it..I was in the heart of Boston, so I went sightseeing my entire time there and actually had a blast.   

After that, I strongly considered taking deposits for tours, but once the heat wore off my emotions, I decided against it. That was the only time that happened to me, and though I can bet on it Ill get a cancellation while on tour, it has never been as bad as that.  Besides that, I have had guys cancel and come to see me to give me my donation anyway which I appreciated so much.  So yeah, its kind of one of those..take the good with the bad deals with me.  If it became a bigger problem though, then yeah Id take deposits..but only for tours because of how much money I am out for my expenses to be there.

Edited by NicoleSaunders

2 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

You are correct... we all need to make a good living.  No one should be providing for so little.  I feel my rate is fine..... the girls with such low rates need to raise them.  Colorado has become ridiculous, and so over priced.  I cannot believe some girls are $500.00 and some are $150.00.  

I am not questioning your rate as an individual at all. Just saying that one of the ways to combat the ever rising cost of living and overhead is to charge more.

I really don't ultimately care what a persons rates are but in the current market it matters. I would never begrudge a lady who does specials because I have done them too and I think it's awesome that some women can charge $500 and make it but I just really believe we should consider a rate that can actually pay our bills. And by "we" I mean generically everyone. I think low rates are fine until we start undercutting each other and/or the market changes and low rates aren't sustainable. When your average rent is $1,500+ then your average session should be at least 200.

4 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I am not questioning your rate as an individual at all. Just saying that one of the ways to combat the ever rising cost of living and overhead is to charge more.

I really don't ultimately care what a persons rates are but in the current market it matters. I would never begrudge a lady who does specials because I have done them too and I think it's awesome that some women can charge $500 and make it but I just really believe we should consider a rate that can actually pay our bills. And by "we" I mean generically everyone. I think low rates are fine until we start undercutting each other and/or the market changes and low rates aren't sustainable. When your average rent is $1,500+ then your average session should be at least 200.

I totally agree... a cost-of-living increase is a very good idea. I was just saying that we should not raise our prices because of the idiot men that do not show up for appointments. I do not want to pass on the loss to my good clients. I am totally with you that we should all be making a nice living and not undercutting prices just to be high volume.

Conversations about rates that include clients rank a close 4th on the "minefield list" right after Politics, Religion and Sports. Any "private contractor", including providers, can charge whatever they want. Its simply a question of if they can get that amount and still retain the same number of clients.

If no one trusts us providers enough to pay a deposit why do we even bother building reputations? Seriously. Deposits don't need to be in the form of a credit card, get creative there are lots of ways to transfer funds, like gift cards or reloadable cards or amazon credit. Options are endless.

If we do in fact in run our own business that we should treat like a business includes taking deposits. We'd all be pretty bad business owners if we didn't protect our interests and our income wouldn't we? Hotels aren't free if someone loses out on a bunch of cash because they had a bunch of flakes on a room they could at least take back some of that loss in the form of a deposit. We could book rooms and appointments with more confidence and have far fewer "the guys are flakes" threads.

Real business take deposits when their product or service is very valuable. It would really be helpful if more guys saw it that way and understood that what we offer is valuable and that frequently flaky behavior takes a bite out of our income. If you want your favorites ladies to stay in business then it would be wise to support ideas that keep us healthy and wealthy.

48 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

If no one trusts us providers enough to pay a deposit why do we even bother building reputations? Seriously. Deposits don't need to be in the form of a credit card, get creative there are lots of ways to transfer funds, like gift cards or reloadable cards or amazon credit. Options are endless.

If we do in fact in run our own business that we should treat like a business includes taking deposits. We'd all be pretty bad business owners if we didn't protect our interests and our income wouldn't we? Hotels aren't free if someone loses out on a bunch of cash because they had a bunch of flakes on a room they could at least take back some of that loss in the form of a deposit. We could book rooms and appointments with more confidence and have far fewer "the guys are flakes" threads.

Real business take deposits when their product or service is very valuable. It would really be helpful if more guys saw it that way and understood that what we offer is valuable and that frequently flaky behavior takes a bite out of our income. If you want your favorites ladies to stay in business then it would be wise to support ideas that keep us healthy and wealthy.

Lucy , what you are proposing about being creative with deposits is a lot more work and quite frankly trouble than most guys want to go through. Especially if it is the first time meeting with a provider. There is no way of knowing what kind of connection there will be between the client and provider therefore not sure how many guys would be willing to do what you are proposing whenever there is an easier way to book with a different provider. Remember guys like to do things the easiest way in most cases. If it is not the first meeting between the provider and client ,then I would hope there would not be a deposit required since there is history and therefore more trust between the two.

I once helped a lady that I had seen a number of times who was starting a legitimate business by giving her a deposit for multiple visits.  All well and good and I was repaid nicely.  Then gave her a second deposit for some more time and lo and behold she up and retires before I could collect on the contract.  She had an excellent reputation and was and still is a very nice lady and we had a good connection but I lost my deposit.  So deposits are a thing of the past for me. 

I think there are many reasons many guys simply won't make deposits. Distrust.....paper trails.....the unforeseen event....resentment of a one-sided assurance. I believe this is further complicated by the fact that some men might genuinely be concerned about an evidence trail, while another might use that as an excuse to cover that he simply distrusts. There's no way to tell the difference. In the end,  some guys will be willing, some guys won't and I doubt anyone will convince them to change their minds. Along the same lines, I imagine some ladies can focus their business only on guys who are ok with deposits and simply don't want or need the money of "no deposit guys", while other providers have a different situation.  It goes hand in hand with rate variances.  A lady who gets $400 is more likely to get a deposit than one who gets $150 I would think.  Certainly it is a tougher sell in general below the high end.

From what I've read (no personal experience) the H$H agencies require a hefty deposit. They are relying on, and will strive to maintain, the agency reputation amongst their clientele, regardless of what the individual provider does. 

We pay deposits to established businesses (hotels, contractors, etc.) knowing that should they fail to deliver we may have some recourse (Better Business Bureau, corporate HQ, liens, etc.) for recovery. (Not always true - I have lost a large deposit to a contractor when he left the state & stiffed his subs.) Independant sub rosa contractors, not so much.  I would hesitate to put down much of a deposit to someone who just hung out his shingle. 

16 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

It is your prerogative, and if you are uncomfortable then you will just have to find another lady that has your preferred paying method in place.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Not to be disrespectful, Samantha, since I enjoy your posts, but I do believe I have heard a bit about those "top-notch providers who require a deposit" in the newspaper - usually right after they are busted by LE and LE publishes the list of all of the guys who have complied with her requirements.  Frankly, I would probably trust most of the ladies with my personal information (perhaps foolishly), but I always worry about the fact that the first thing that LE does after a bust is seize and unlock the phones, computers, etc.  For me it will always be a pseudonym, burner phone and cash sport - no offense, but if you get arrested I don't really want to see my name, phone number and address published in the newspaper (I might; however, and depending on our relationship, come bail you out B)).

2 hours ago, Badboy said:

Not to be disrespectful, Samantha, since I enjoy your posts, but I do believe I have heard a bit about those "top-notch providers who require a deposit" in the newspaper - usually right after they are busted by LE and LE publishes the list of all of the guys who have complied with her requirements.  Frankly, I would probably trust most of the ladies with my personal information (perhaps foolishly), but I always worry about the fact that the first thing that LE does after a bust is seize and unlock the phones, computers, etc.  For me it will always be a pseudonym, burner phone and cash sport - no offense, but if you get arrested I don't really want to see my name, phone number and address published in the newspaper (I might; however, and depending on our relationship, come bail you out B)).

I understand, and you have to do what feels comfortable to you. Honestly, usually why those ladies lists are published is because they saw someone famous so it makes headlines. If you are not a celebrity, or on the cover of Forbes...I am sure they could care less who you are. Not being rude, that is the reality. When Ashley Madison was exposed, you didn't hear about the "average Joe's", you heard all about the reality stars, celebrities, and the like. Not saying that it didn't suck for everyone just that is how society reacts.

If I took deposits, it would only be with people I trust. Luckily, it has been a while since a celebrity has seen me so I am sure I am not in the spotlight. Also, I don't leave a paper trail...no one would find my "black book" because I don't carry one, and no one has my passwords to my adult business as I like to protect myself and my clients.  I know how easy it is to get burned, and refuse to go down that road. I do know that some people don't think of things like that which is why there is the worry. As a professional, I have someone ready that I know to call that will contact my attorney and to bring money if this situation arises. This is something every provider should plan for.

Lastly, the cops would have a pretty hard time proving that anyone that they found on a phone or computer was seeing a girl for sex unless there was a blatant post written on there that said, "Would you do this for that?" I have names, phone numbers, and addresses on my personal phone, and computer that have nothing to do with this business. That is a pretty far stretch, and something they wouldn't do unless they felt they were getting a better deal(like a felony)to put you away. With that, that usually involves warrants, drugs, murder, extortion, etc. If they harrassed you over someone having your information, you remain silent as anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Just common sense.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

2 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Lastly, the cops would have a pretty hard time proving that anyone that they found on a phone or computer was seeing a girl for sex unless there was a blatant post written on there that said, "Would you do this for that?" I have names, phone numbers, and addresses on my personal phone, and computer that have nothing to do with this business. That is a pretty far stretch, and something they wouldn't do unless they felt they were getting a better deal(like a felony)to put you away. With that, that usually involves warrants, drugs, murder, extortion, etc. If they harrassed you over someone having your information, you remain silent as anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Just common sense.

One of the things you can do when having encrypted files is the concept of a "duress" password in addition to your normal password.  That's where if you have an encrypted drive, and someone is forcing you to unlock it, you use the duress password and it will open the drive successfully but only see harmless pictures of puppies that you put on the duress side, rather than the incriminating files.

It would be interesting for an encrypted contact list/date book to have this feature.  "Hey Sarge, we forced her to unlock her address book, and it says her last 5 appointments were with the mayor, the chief of police, the chief's wife, your wife, and me!"

17 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

...an encrypted contact list/date book...

I know on Apple devices, the information is encrypted and stored in encrypted storage. Android, there was a push by Google to mandate encryption be turned on by the manufacturers by default, but there was push back by the manufacturers on that. But might be coming back, iirc, after some security related headlines that had occured (notably the FBI wanting Apple to hack the CA shooter's phone) after the fact made Google go back to their original stance.

Believe I've seen apps, not neccesarily contact apps, that have a duress mode for data (eg. Note pad like apps): keep non-hobby contacts in normal app, hobby info in duress app. Can probably simulate something similar: eg. Encrypted Excel spreadsheet stored on Dropbox with an innocuous name, can swipe to delete from the phone and Dropbox within Excel mobile app.

Bigger thing to do: disable notifications on your lock screens, or, be vigilant on keeping that clean. Po-po just needs to look at your lock screen and potentially see incriminating evidence. Would be a real bummer if "Bambi" sends an IM when Officer Krupke is looking at the phone.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

15 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

I know on Apple devices, the information is encrypted and stored in encrypted storage. Android, there was a push by Google to mandate encryption be turned on by the manufacturers by default, but there was push back by the manufacturers on that. But might be coming back, iirc, after some security related headlines that had occured (notably the FBI wanting Apple to hack the CA shooter's phone) after the fact made Google go back to their original stance.

Believe I've seen apps, not neccesarily contact apps, that have a duress mode for data (eg. Note pad like apps): keep non-hobby contacts in normal app, hobby info in duress app. Can probably simulate something similar: eg. Encrypted Excel spreadsheet stored on Dropbox with an innocuous name, can swipe to delete from the phone and Dropbox within Excel mobile app.

Bigger thing to do: disable notifications on your lock screens, or, be vigilant on keeping that clean. Po-po just needs to look at your lock screen and potentially see incriminating evidence. Would be a real bummer if "Bambi" sends an IM when Officer Krupke is looking at the phone.

Another thing about those that unlock phones with a fingerprint, is that LEOs, under a recent court case, can force you to unlock your phone, saying fingerprints aren't constitutionally protected the way passwords are.  I do hope we're not drifting too far off topic, but this could be useful for folks!

Now, the good thing is, iphones at least, will stay locked and require passcode after 3 failed fingerprint attempts.  Some folks say that they'd just intentionally mess up, but you don't think cops know how to make good fingerprint impressions?  The trick to keeping your data safe and still use fingerprints is to use your middle or ring fingers as the key, not pointer or thumb.  It's a hair more inconvenient for you as the authorized user, but you get used to it, and your data will still be safe.

In fact, I know a great story about the San Bernardino shooter's iphone that I'd tell folks face to face, but can't just post publicly due to my job.

We have a problem of knowledge: it is hard for us to know one another's intentions in advance.

The honest provider knows she is honest, intends to provide value, has no ulterior motive, is not conducting a scam, etc. She can take some steps to present her professional reputation, track record, etc., in a publicly-accessible way, at the cost of somewhat undermining her own security and anonymity, but she can't prove that this isn't the week she's short on rent and plans to scam somebody. She can't prove that her psycho ex isn't stalking her and planning to rob her clients.

The honest hobbyist knows that he intends to show up / be there when she arrives, intends to comply with rules and policies, has no ulterior motive, is not an abuser, etc. He has almost no way to demonstrate this; even services like P411 establish only that the hobbyist has produced a paper trail of some type that will deter a *casual* bad guy by making it inconvenient to be a casual bad guy. (He also often does not *understand* that he has no way of demonstrating this, and will protest in messages to a screening or suspicious provider that 'I'm a good guy!' - totally oblivious of the fact that Ted Bundy could present himself as a good guy via text too. Words mean nothing.) 

Once a connection has been made, of course there is often a personal trust, or at the very least an understood track record, that makes future dealings much much simpler. When I go visit a regular provider for the nth time that month, she doesn't do a two-call system or re-screen me or ask for a voice call; she just says "i'm in room 101 at the Hilton, see you at 9" and I knock on the door at 9. No muss, no fuss.

But before that connection is made, it is two strangers attempting to negotiate a situation that's a rather tricky interpersonal problem even when it ISN'T someone's job and there AREN'T usually huge LE consequences or safety consequences or economic consequences.

Deposits, as a concept, are a good idea. There are practical concerns. The paper trail, the credit card issues, and (for hobbyists) the trust issue are dealbreakers for many, many people on both sides of the aisle. Not to say that providers shouldn't take deposits, but rather, such a small percentage of people on both sides are comfortable with doing deposits that it isn't going to become a cultural norm within the community, and it isn't going to be a solution that is widely adopted. More power to those who can make it work.