Citori

Wife catches husband with Uber Glitch

8 posts in this topic

Not to be to paranoid but a reminder for us all. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/10/french-man-blames-uber-breaking-marriage-glitch-let-wife-follow/

"After the unnamed man borrowed his wife's iPhone to log into his Uber account, she continued to receive notifications detailing where and when he was being picked up, as well as his destination, according to the French newspaper Le Figaro. It led his wife to suspect infidelity. "

Got to be careful if you have lots to lose i suppose. 

Waze - Don't forget to clear your past trips and don't share accounts

Location Tracking - apps like Find my Friend, or Tile Apps - make sure you know what is easily tracking you. 

Using your wife's phone (of all the phones on the planet) to schedule in this hobby takes a special kind of stupid.

Well i agree, don't use you wife's phone as your hobby phone.  But that is not what happened in that article.

A connected world is great at times, but at other times not so good.  I didn't know that a certain hotel was sending my bookings to tripi when I booked directly. It was clear it happened when booking on my companies travel site. More than one person has rights to view my trips in tripit. 

I'm betting more than one person that has read this thread has "Find my Friends/  Family" type app installed on their real world phone.

Hunny,  ' I was looking to see if Johnny had left school, and the weirdest thing happened. It says you were at the Ramada Inn on I25 and Jones. What were you doing there, I thought you had customer meeting. " <- Not using the wifes phone, not using your real world phone to hobby. Just had it with you. 

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

You can't fix stupid.

I once said in a deposition that we can't guard against stupid...I thought our company attorney was going to have a heart attack

I knew a guy who had the family share on their iPhone's and everytime his girlfriend would send him naked selfies, his wife and daughter got them. 

Just now, light kisser said:

I knew a guy who had the family share on their iPhone's and everytime his girlfriend would send him naked selfies, his wife and daughter got them. 

That cracked me up!