Emily Jordan

To schedule or not to schedule?

42 posts in this topic

What?!?! You ladies don't sit around eating chocolate bon-bons and watching daytime soaps?!?! I thought that that was what we all do!!! (Sarcasm font on)

I am a very busy woman, and don't sit still much so a schedule is vital to my life. I understand why guys want last minute, but when it is stated "prescheduling preferred" it tends to mean last minutes are a no go. It drives me crazy how many of those call, and then not happy that I can't see them. There is only so much time of the day around, and not enough of me. Planning accordingly is wise.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

On 1/29/2017 at 8:08 PM, inkspot said:

It helps if you let us know of some kind of schedule when you are available even if you work 7 days a week 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.  I agree with Bit. Nothing more frustrating than trying to set up an appointment on Monday morning only to be told that she does not work on Mondays. Advertise you appreciate clients that prebook. Some providers offer a discount to prebook appointments. 

Be nice, post here so we get to know a little about you & your personality, and give excellent service. Eventually you will have plenty of clients. In addition, affordable rates go a long way attracting clients when getting started.

Good Luck!

Affordable rates have no place in this convo. I agree with all that you said until then. Guys need to stop trying to manipulate rates under the guise of affordability.

50 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Affordable rates have no place in this convo. I agree with all that you said until then. Guys need to stop trying to manipulate rates under the guise of affordability.

Normally I'd agree with you; rates don't belong in a thread about scheduling. But in this instance Ink's entire last paragraph is about tricks for breaking into a new market. Only one sentence happens to deal with rates. As a new member Emily, the OP,  requested suggestions to encourage pre-booked appointments.  Ink provided an answer.

Of course rates have to be "affordable". Otherwise schedules don't matter; we'll all be sitting home alone playing with ourselves. But what's affordable to Tom may be expensive for Dick and cheap for Harry. Perhaps George has to save his drachmas for a monthly visit, but Jesus has enough pesos for a weekly session. What pays the rent for Mary might not cover Sally's car payment. Yes, it has to be "affordable" for the ladies too. 

14 hours ago, Emily Jordan said:

I definitely liked the HTML class when I did all my coding correctly...but one forward slash instead of back slash ruined everything for me :P

Hahaha! Yeah, Im self taught...but the part most people hate is what I love.  I know HTML and CSS,  but love development esp databases. When something is not working right, and it takes me several days of no sleep pouring through thousands of lines of code only to find...a ha! I used a colon instead of a semi colon on line 1543!!! and everything works perfectly...I get some mega satisfaction out of it.  Im super weird though. Im totally aware of this lol

15 hours ago, Admiral C said:

I always prebook also, so a schedule is helpful....however, that's NOT my advice. I know this may not exactly correlate to your question, but here goes. I think you should work in whatever way makes you happy.  Schedule...no schedule...open.  That's one of the best things about working for yourself....being able to work how and when is most enjoyable for YOU.  We horny gents will adjust accordingly!

Excellent! Very true...while there are pros and cons to both, the very best way is the one a provider is most comfortable with.  

7 minutes ago, NicoleSaunders said:

Hahaha! Yeah, Im self taught...but the part most people hate is what I love.  I know HTML and CSS,  but love development esp databases. When something is not working right, and it takes me several days of no sleep pouring through thousands of lines of code only to find...a ha! I used a colon instead of a semi colon on line 1543!!! and everything works perfectly...I get some mega satisfaction out of it.  Im super weird though. Im totally aware of this lol

God bless you :P

So just an update to my conclusion.. I opened up my schedule quite a bit, but still have a schedule :) I think I may be getting it haha.  Thanks everyone!!! 

1 hour ago, NicoleSaunders said:

...I get some mega satisfaction out of it.  Im super weird though. Im totally aware of this lol

Not weird!  Spent my life looking for that lost semi-colon. In LISP the last card of the deck was filled with close-parentheses. 

Interesting that I would write code in my sleep, spent evenings fooling around in software just for fun, ... and haven't written a single line since I left the job. 

Edited by Bit Banger

Bottom line, there is no way you can run your schedule to appease and accommodate any or all hobbyists. Find what works best for you and makes you most comfortable. If you are comfortable with your schedule, all your meetings will be better :-)

For me, I like it when the ladies indicate that they will visit gentlemen say "Noon to 6 p.m. M-W-F"  That saves me time and keeps me from needlessly annoying her with a request for a Tuesday earlybird appointment.  However, under no circumstances would that lead to the expectation that she is sitting in her incall every M-W-F for six hours waiting for my call so that I can drop in with 10 minutes notice.  I think it would be great, if your schedule is dependable, to let us know the times that you might be available, hence your "schedule," but not let it otherwise run your life.   Most of us prebook anyway and if you do happen to be sitting around on a Monday afternoon with no business, that is what the "Available Now" ads on P411 are for.

22 hours ago, Badboy said:

For me, I like it when the ladies indicate that they will visit gentlemen say "Noon to 6 p.m. M-W-F"  That saves me time and keeps me from needlessly annoying her with a request for a Tuesday earlybird appointment.  However, under no circumstances would that lead to the expectation that she is sitting in her incall every M-W-F for six hours waiting for my call so that I can drop in with 10 minutes notice.  I think it would be great, if your schedule is dependable, to let us know the times that you might be available, hence your "schedule," but not let it otherwise run your life.   Most of us prebook anyway and if you do happen to be sitting around on a Monday afternoon with no business, that is what the "Available Now" ads on P411 are for.

I haven't been around here long, but couldn't agree with this more.  I have had some prebooks and get super nervous something would happen to derail plans.  I would never NCNS as that would and should be the kiss of death!  Had a morning session scheduled before the last blizzard and thankfully had the foresight to cancel since I was buried in a foot of snow and would have a hard time explaining the critical errand that needed running, ha!  That said, available now ads when you are available are nice if the stars align right.  A couple of really good experiences there too.  Spontaneous and without the time to get so nervous leading up to it. But I guess the lesson is don't be a d-bag to the YL if it doesn't work out that time around.  Yes, little head says "oh, available now, she must be waiting for me!", but big head should realize that can't work out every time.  If we have geographic restrictions, more than not.  But a swing and a miss doesn't mean I'm going back to the dugout forever, so I'll try again!

I have almost always just worked on the fly since I am not adept at schedules or set hours (hence my aversion to office jobs) and until recently it has worked fine for me. Lately I've been getting pressure from my S.O. to work set hours (I'm guessing he'd choose the exact hours he is at work and not a minute beyond...cause hey, it's not like I need any time to do things I wanna do), and also have been getting increasingly ludicrous appt requests and they're mostly something like a brand new person at 330 am telling me "available? Can you wear (insert extremely detailed outfit request) and be across town in a scientifically unrealistic Amt of time? Oh you need 15 mins to get ready? Uh... Well shoot .I know I messaged you when you weren't even posted at a time when most people are sound asleep, but your need to arrive 20 miles away in just under an hour is simply too long for me to withstand. I'll call you back some other time. Out of the blue. With a need for IMMEDIATE attention. Be ready for my call, tits. Don't know when, but be ready."

....I have started telling those special snowflakes that I have a life and deserve to be able to drive safely, but that there are probably a number of hot local singles waiting for such a call and who can get there faster than me. And that all female strangers love getting greeting-less texts from guys who think it's cool (since they are asking NICELY) to see who can get from Littleton to Brighton in the same time it takes to get a pair of mittens on. Even if I were sitting there dolled up and waiting for their call, I'd be chapped about that malarkey on principle alone...

I like working whenever,  but the lack of concern given to whether my time is spent on anything besides being there for people who just want what they want and that's it...I'm probably gonna be forced to set a schedule soon and stick to it. Growing up sucks. Clocks suck.