foronceinmylife

reviews vs references

11 posts in this topic

Above reviews there is a place for references with a #. What does that mean? What do they do? Is it something I can give a provider?

TIA,

Bob

Forgive me for being stupid in this matter , but I too, am not sure I understand the meaning of references  our profile section.  Feedback?

To my understanding, it means that you vouch for that person because you have seen them or know them. Also, if a client doesn't want to review you, but wants people to know that you saw that person then references work well for someone who doesn't want to jump through the hoops on other boards to get approved through other ladies. I have given references to clients, and find it very convenient. I think it is the best thing that we have on this board.(JMO)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Edited by SultryKitten

Thanks Sultry.. I was curious about that too but didnt think to ask!

I just kind of assumed reviews were for the gents to give the ladies, and references were for the ladies to give the gents or gents who didnt want to write a review but still wanted to leave a mark that he saw a lady.  So, kind of on track it seems...

I think references go both ways: A fella who saw a lady could give her a reference and likewise she could give him a reference. 

1 hour ago, SultryKitten said:

To my understanding, it means that you vouch for that person because you have seen them or know them. Also, if a client doesn't want to review you, but wants people to know that you saw that person then references work well for someone who doesn't want to jump through the hoops on other boards to get approved through other ladies. I have given references to clients, and find it very convenient. I think it is the best thing that we have on this board.(JMO)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Thanks. Now how do you do it? I would like to give one but cannot find the button to click. 

1 hour ago, foronceinmylife said:

Thanks. Now how do you do it? I would like to give one but cannot find the button to click. 

If I remember correct, you hit the profile button on the top right of the person you want to refer, and then scroll down to where they have the  "Give Reference" button. Then click it.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

when making a request is good idea to sent emails, phone numbers, websites and TER ID /p411 number. 

For example:

Clicking on the image will keep you on the Forum side & take you to a members Forum Stats page

Clicking on Profile at the bottom will take you to the members Ad side info.

screenshot-theotherboard.com 2017-01-30 12-57-05.jpg

Click on Profile---> to the right you will see this menu;

• you can.
  1. Request References.
  2. Share My References.

screenshot-theotherboard.com 2017-01-30 12-51-32.jpg

On 1/29/2017 at 3:25 PM, foronceinmylife said:

Above reviews there is a place for references with a #. What does that mean? What do they do? Is it something I can give a provider?

TIA,

Bob

Not unless the condom breaks hehe.

OK, could not help it.  Pretty much the same as an OK on p411.  It simply indicates the provider has seen the client and he was at least OK as a client when he saw her.  An up or down - no details.

There is a wealth of information including detailed instructions for both client and provider to be found above under "help" including specifically "references".  It really is pretty helpful.

I agree with Samantha - a great feature!