valconxen

TER down

9 posts in this topic

I Just went to check out TER and they seem to be down. Hopefully, it's just some temporary technical glitch.  I prefer TOB to TER, but it is still a useful resource.

This has been a frequent occurrence as they upgrade the site.  However this is getting a bit ridiculous.

With all of these recent crackdowns, I worry we will lose online resourses.   I just got started recently and been enjoying myself. I want at least a few years before stopping.  I don't want to back to my old life.

I'm sure it will be back up soon. Go enjoy the beautiful weather out today.:D

I believe that TER is owned and maintained in the Netherlands, is it not?  So not likely, although not impossible judging by the Kim Dotcom affair.

2 hours ago, valconxen said:

With all of these recent crackdowns, I worry we will lose online resourses.   I just got started recently and been enjoying myself. I want at least a few years before stopping.  I don't want to back to my old life.

BP wasn't cracked down on, they voluntarily chose to censor ads. This just looks like TER is doing a not so great update. TOB has had it's fair share of updates that didn't go seamlessly. It happens.

43 minutes ago, Long Time said:

I believe that TER is owned and maintained in the Netherlands, is it not?  So not likely, although not impossible judging by the Kim Dotcom affair.

The Review Board in the PNW had servers in another country too. Location of server is mostly irrelevant when dealing with dot-com sites that cater to Americans. But I don't think TER is gone, I think they're just going through a crappy update.

My TER has been up and down like a yo yo for the last three days.

4 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

My TER has been up and down like a yo yo for the last three days.

Yes, When I was in Florida I kept having issues trying to post on that site since Florida doesn't know about our great site

if you use TOR it seems to be working fine... also prom iPhone is working as well.