Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krystal

Night out on the town

11 posts in this topic

It's been cold out lately but there's no need to stay in what's some good places to meet people? I'm ready to put my sweater dress on and hit the town! 

7 minutes ago, Krystal said:

It's been cold out lately but there's no need to stay in what's some good places to meet people? I'm ready to put my sweater dress on and hit the town! 

If you like blues, on the first Tuesday of every month The Mercury Café is a good place to hang, if your into a younger, louder, crowded place.  Try the Church or the NATIV hotel downtown($$$))bottle service), downstairs from the lobby is a club open from 9 pm to 2 am ;)

I often enjoy staying there since the hotel is up stairs and there is a 24-7 bar machine on the third floor.. Oohhh and absolutely NO CARPET in the entire place and some days the DJ is pretty good. The glass floor to the club downstairs is a good add on LOL  

24-7 bar machine, what is this magic machine?

IKR!!!! You gotta check it out ;) 3rd floor only tho

Yea I'll have to check it out is there any pool tables?

Jazz@Jacks in the Denver Pavilions, Dazzle on Lincoln and Nocturne in RiNo area are nice relaxing places for a night out.

Edited by BigBaldBlk

21 hours ago, Krystal said:

WOW, a girl asking whether there are pool tables as a test of whether it is a good venue - you are definitely a girl after my own heart!  Damn, we oughta go out.

Anyway, for a fun bar with lots of pool tables and a chance to meet people, try:

1.  The Skylark Lounge, corner of Broadway and Maple (140 S. Broadway);

2.  Wyankoop Brewing Company, 1634 18th Street (a bit on the yuppie side, but I have had fun);

3.  And of course, Tarantula Billiards,  15th and Stout, which is great for pool, but maybe not so great for meeting people.  If you have friends to go out with, it is the old standard, although the new loft venue lacks a lot of the charm of the gritty old Tarantula, ah I do miss the down and dirty old Tarantula.

4.  Finally, if you want a friendly sports bar with pool tables, you might want to try Zanzibar at 2046 Larimer Street, a really cozy, friendly place with lots of pool tables.  Might be better for going with friends rather than a place to meet new ones, but I have had good luck meeting up with nice people to hang with for the evening there.

Edited by Badboy
because I darned well wanted to

11 minutes ago, Badboy said:

WOW, a girl asking whether there are pool tables as a test of whether it is a good venue - you are definitely a girl after my own heart!  Damn, we oughta go out.

Anyway, for a fun bar with lots of pool tables and a chance to meet people, try:

2.  Wyankoop Brewing Company, 1634 18th Street (a bit on the yuppie side, but I have had fun);

3.  And of course, Tarantula Billiards,  15th and Stout, which is great for pool, but maybe not so great for meeting people.  If you have friends to go out with, it is the old standard, although the new loft venue lacks a lot of the charm of the gritty old Tarantula, ah I do miss the down and dirty old Tarantula.

4.  Finally, if you want a friendly sports bar with pool tables, you might want to try Zanzibar at 2046 Larimer Street, a really cozy, friendly place with lots of pool tables.  Might be better for going with friends rather than a place to meet new ones, but I have had good luck meeting up with nice people to hang with for the evening there.

You could shoot pool at Tarantula's and then drink at 15th Street Tavern, 15th used to be scuzzy and I miss it.

21 hours ago, Krystal said:

Lol No pool tables. Its not that kind of lounge ;)

18 hours ago, Badboy said:

Well thanks bad boy I'll be around there. 😏

On 1/27/2017 at 5:00 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

You could shoot pool at Tarantula's and then drink at 15th Street Tavern, 15th used to be scuzzy and I miss it.

I used to love Tarantula's!