Lucy Kitten

Alternative Advertising

23 posts in this topic

No not that kind. There are lots of services geared towards providers but where do they advertise? Maybe I am missing it but is there a marketplace of sorts where those who offer services to providers can get their name out? Like photographers, consultants, lawyers and web designers?

I know the forum rules and this isn't asking for people to promote just thinking it would be nice if we had a more centralized source for all our resources.

As a general concept I like the idea of market place for ancillary services. But some of the services get into RW ids quickly; just a caution. 

25 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

As a general concept I like the idea of market place for ancillary services. But some of the services get into RW ids quickly; just a caution. 

I have no idea what you mean.

There is an area on P411 under extras that lists some, and there is also a Business Services area on ECCIE for providers. Not sure if that helps?

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I have no idea what you mean.

What I mean is that as you engage the professional ancillary services, contracts are likely to require the exchange of RW information. Not saying this is a bad thing, just that participants need to be aware of it.

It's also not always true; I've performed some furniture work for a provider, complete w/cash receipts, without sharing our RW data. 

21 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

What I mean is that as you engage the professional ancillary services, contracts are likely to require the exchange of RW information. Not saying this is a bad thing, just that participants need to be aware of it.

It's also not always true; I've performed some furniture work for a provider, complete w/cash receipts, without sharing our RW data. 

Not too worried about much of that, there are lots of services where the trading of real information is going to need to happen. You don't have to disclose it until you decide to business. There is just an opportunity that's being missed when it comes to services that providers could benefit from. And not just the usual photographers and website stuff. It would be nice to build a network of people that are sex worker friendly. There are a lot of things we need that aren't always easy to get without treading into the murky waters of divulging what you do. So just knowing that there are sex worker positive professionals would be great.

Yeah Eccie has a section for it - I have used it now and then. But I just rely on word of mouth. I sometimes get blind emails from people using my watermark info as well. With that said, things have slowed down recently and I agree - it is a missed opportunity of sorts....there have been posts about this in the past but it never seems to result in anything. 

On 1/22/2017 at 9:18 AM, Lucy Kitten said:

No not that kind. There are lots of services geared towards providers but where do they advertise? Maybe I am missing it but is there a marketplace of sorts where those who offer services to providers can get their name out? Like photographers, consultants, lawyers and web designers?

I know the forum rules and this isn't asking for people to promote just thinking it would be nice if we had a more centralized source for all our resources.

Rule # 2.Forum Provider Advertising / Gentlemen  Advertising (Overtly drawing attention to one self) Providers may freely respond to any questions that are asked in the forum, but are prohibited from discussions toward their own goods and services. Gentlemen also no Advertising in the Forum

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I suppose if someone wanted to promote their talents such as photography, lawyer services and or web design, they could buy a TOB Ad to advertise. BuT in saying this any TOB member doing so would be limited to general responses in a forum post & could not promote their own goods and services...

I could see where lawyer services would be bound by the lawyer-client confidentiality agreement. Where as any of the other listed crafts would not.

Not sure exactly what the vetting process would be for this, but would be something to look into.

thoughts

4 hours ago, Kaduk said:

I suppose if someone wanted to promote their talents such as photography, lawyer services and or web design, they could buy a TOB Ad to advertise. BuT in saying this any TOB member doing so would be limited to general responses in a forum post & could not promote their own goods and services...

I could see where lawyer services would be bound by the lawyer-client confidentiality agreement. Where as any of the other listed crafts would not.

Not sure exactly what the vetting process would be for this, but would be something to look into.

thoughts

A simple "Help wanted" section.  A provider could post "I need a website/photos/handyman to hang a swing/etc" and have it PM responses only rather than an public posting with 50 people touting their wares.  Then when the need has been met, the post should be removed so months later she wouldn't still be getting needless replies.

On 2/11/2017 at 2:34 AM, Kaduk said:

Rule # 2.Forum Provider Advertising / Gentlemen  Advertising (Overtly drawing attention to one self) Providers may freely respond to any questions that are asked in the forum, but are prohibited from discussions toward their own goods and services. Gentlemen also no Advertising in the Forum

____________________________________________________________________________________________

thoughts

Obviously a little hard to do here but ideally I think a separate advertising venue would be best. No one would really be obligated to use a real name either so even lawyers could throw their offerings in. Just a generic I am this type of lawyer contact me at this gmail addy for TOB peeps specifically.

Since we can't promote we have done sort of the opposite in the form of ISO's, which is helpful sometimes but sometimes those threads slip away and are never noticed. So advertising or at the very least just like a list of references to popular services would mean less asking around and quicker answers to the person who would have been asking. It could also mean more income for some, providers are often really hesitant in engaging in real world business for fear of discovery but we have cash to spend!!

As far as vetting them as businesses, hmm that's kind of a tough one. I suppose that might be on the person needing the service. If I see an ad for a photographer then I guess I would vet him. That way the personal exchange of info stays private and no one could hypothetically get huffy with TOB because someone was a shitty businessman/woman .

On 2/11/2017 at 7:29 AM, FuriousWeasel said:

A simple "Help wanted" section.  A provider could post "I need a website/photos/handyman to hang a swing/etc" and have it PM responses only rather than an public posting with 50 people touting their wares.  Then when the need has been met, the post should be removed so months later she wouldn't still be getting needless replies.

Personally I would rather shop privately, when a lady asks who's a good photographer you get 10 dumbass guys say well I'm no pro but I have a camera and would love to see you naked. When it comes to photographers especially I want to see a portfolio, I want to know you're offerings and location, do you have props? Do you have a makeup artist? I am a shapely woman and need someone that knows how to work with what I have so I am particular and would rather do research than field emails.

On February 14, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

Personally I would rather shop privately, when a lady asks who's a good photographer you get 10 dumbass guys say well I'm no pro but I have a camera and would love to see you naked. When it comes to photographers especially I want to see a portfolio, I want to know you're offerings and location, do you have props? Do you have a makeup artist? I am a shapely woman and need someone that knows how to work with what I have so I am particular and would rather do research than field emails.

I wonder if their might be room for a separate forum (like the "411") where provider-friendly folks could respond to requests from providers, but not necessarily post ads. (Just making this up as I type) Perhaps, the provider in need could PM whoever responds to the website/photo/lawyer/carpenter/mechanic/accountant request in that forum. 

I've often wanted to see if a fair, mutually beneficial barter / "exchange of services" system could be established between providers and clients. There are some trust issues involved, but I imagine no different than those already in effect. With references and some examples of work, things could work out. 

If  it turns into a dumpster fire, just close the forum. 

I agree- this type of listing would be wonderful! P411 does have one, although I'm not sure how up to date it is these days. If you live in Chicago we have a Providers Network website where you can search for things like doctors, lawyers, therapists, etc. that are SW'er friendly. I realize it's not much help for us CO folks, but maybe it will spark a copy cat to create one for us! I should ad that these are not trade-for-services type of listings; they are fee-for-service. 

Edited by VeraSweets

1 hour ago, VeraSweets said:

I agree- this type of listing would be wonderful! P411 does have one, although I'm not sure how up to date it is these days. If you live in Chicago we have a Providers Network website where you can search for things like doctors, lawyers, therapists, etc. that are SW'er friendly. I realize it's not much help for us CO folks, but maybe it will spark a copy cat to create one for us! I should ad that these are not trade-for-services type of listings; they are fee-for-service. 

That is exactly what I am talking about! Is it possible for you to send me a link? Good to know Chicago is looking out for it's sex workers! Thank you so much for sharing :)

There are a couple of really good provider resources for what you are asking Lucy... I just sent you a PM with some details ^_^

20 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

That is exactly what I am talking about! Is it possible for you to send me a link? Good to know Chicago is looking out for it's sex workers! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Absolutely! PM'ing you, m'dear. 

On 2/14/2017 at 8:39 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

How about an " ISO services" section where providers could name a job or service they need done that is  revelant to hobbying etc in some way, and leave it to potential service poviders (like a photographer or accountant etc) to just PM them directly, so that admins and TOB don't have to verify each business or sevice like they might have to in a Classifed or advertisement section?  I'm new to this board but already I've seen or "met" some really talented people.  If the referrals or direct responses from these service providers happen in PMs there'd be no shilling, no free advertorial things going on etc.  As I eat some of the topics about income verification, taxes, legal needs, photo video and graphic design needs, I think it'd be amazing if we "clients" could help the providers with these things "in-house" as it were.

1 hour ago, Unclehazard91 said:

How about an " ISO services" section where providers could name a job or service they need done that is  revelant to hobbying etc in some way, and leave it to potential service poviders (like a photographer or accountant etc) to just PM them directly, so that admins and TOB don't have to verify each business or sevice like they might have to in a Classifed or advertisement section?  I'm new to this board but already I've seen or "met" some really talented people.  If the referrals or direct responses from these service providers happen in PMs there'd be no shilling, no free advertorial things going on etc.  As I eat some of the topics about income verification, taxes, legal needs, photo video and graphic design needs, I think it'd be amazing if we "clients" could help the providers with these things "in-house" as it were.

I think we should see about turning TOB into something like BP but with a much more relaxed and upscale clientele like we already have and make it nationwide as well💘

2 minutes ago, Bella Marie said:

I think we should see about turning TOB into something like BP but with a much more relaxed and upscale clientele like we already have and make it nationwide as well💘

Fair enough but BP has Village Voice money, mananagement and advertisement experience behind it.  I definitely enjoy this board more than most others like it.  I love the local vibe.   That BP or Thatmall or CL type structure takes a lot of revenue to maintain, and experience and time and employees and legal advice etc. My thought was a painless workaround within TOBs rules and limitations as it stands, without causing the mods o content managers at TOB more work, that would be a decent way for you providers to have help that some of us clients might be able to provide with to strengthen or enhance your businesses.  Sort of family like.  I think this board stands above its competition and is technically very well set up and moderated very well  to boot.  It's very close to an actual social media site in many ways.  And I like its rules and limitations etc.  But if you need a photographer or accountant etc that is hobby friendly for Colorado, or for other states TOB is covering, it'd be a nice option for TOB to provide.  With some simple guidelines it could even just be a forum heading or topic and all the actual "business" could be done in PMs, allowing discretion for everyone. I'm sure some lawyers, web designers etc might like to help the TOB ladies but also might not be able to advertise overtly because of mainstream clientele, or competetition etc not needing to know our hobbies or friends here... 

12718179_1053453041381768_6338380137053716076_n.jpg

9 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

I personally don't like the ISO or the PMs. Ideally what I would like to see is a marketplace, doesn't even have to be on TOB or just for this community. It would be great to see sex positive professionals advertise directly to us. So we know that there are people that support us and we don't have to post publicly every time we need something. Networking can be hard, there are some that are happy to help some but not others. I don't want to see a sex worker need help and not get it but if they're able to pick from a list of services or references then everyone is happy.

Most classifieds aren't really verified for being a legit business, and if you were to advertise a phony business you'd get found out pretty fast. It would take a real slimeball to do that anyways. It's kinda the same problem with ISO, lots of guys who don't actually have the experience are happy to volunteer thinking they get up and close and personal with a lady.

It's not just clients that can help either, there are many sex positive female (or non-client) professionals. I want them too. Maybe it's whining but it would be great if there were something like the White Pages for sex workers where we can search for businesses and services quietly.

27 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I personally don't like the ISO or the PMs. Ideally what I would like to see is a marketplace, doesn't even have to be on TOB or just for this community. It would be great to see sex positive professionals advertise directly to us. So we know that there are people that support us and we don't have to post publicly every time we need something. Networking can be hard, there are some that are happy to help some but not others. I don't want to see a sex worker need help and not get it but if they're able to pick from a list of services or references then everyone is happy.

Most classifieds aren't really verified for being a legit business, and if you were to advertise a phony business you'd get found out pretty fast. It would take a real slimeball to do that anyways. It's kinda the same problem with ISO, lots of guys who don't actually have the experience are happy to volunteer thinking they get up and close and personal with a lady.

It's not just clients that can help either, there are many sex positive female (or non-client) professionals. I want them too. Maybe it's whining but it would be great if there were something like the White Pages for sex workers where we can search for businesses and services quietly.

Yea I understand.  From the ground up there'd be a lot of great ways to get this done.  I was just thinking about how to get the ball rolling with what is available within the TOB community as it is now.  Like if I were able to help someone here, it'd be a pleasure, but no way could I run an ad because of my mainstream business contacts etc.  I imagine a married lawyer couldn't run an ad either.  But we could help.  I also hear you about amateurs trying to help to get brownie points etc.  That would get annoying from your end for sure.   Unfortunately the only place to look for alternative practitioners would be CL and BP classifieds, and we all know how reliable those are.

When I read the forums and see a provider needing an accountant or lawyer or photographer, sometimes I have someone in my Rolodex  that could help, but I feel awkward as a middleman if I feel I don't know the YL well enough etc.   that would take a few PMs to see if it was a match.   As a side note, for accounting, the accountants in the cannabis industry handle many many cash income accounts which also need creative solutions to things like income verification etc.  They're pretty searchable.  Thanks for he input about my ideas.  Brainstorming is the only way new meds get met in business...  

Edited by Unclehazard91

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

... It would be great to see sex positive professionals advertise directly to us. So we know that there are people that support us and we don't have to post publicly every time we need something. ...

^^ This ^^ is the problem with an ISO section for other services. Everyone knows when you have a need; then the speculation begins. 😱

1 minute ago, Bit Banger said:

^^ This ^^ is the problem with an ISO section for other services. Everyone knows when you have a need; then the speculation begins. 😱

I can see that being an issue.   Maybe all these ideas will help TOB determine if this is a need that is in their interest to help fill...   On the reverse side, I wouldn't be able to run an ad under the handle Unclehazard.  It's a tricky situation when privacy and discretion is important on both ends...