gr8owl

Coconut oil and extracts

37 posts in this topic

I did not want to totally hijack the pineapple thread so here goes a new one. Two basic questions:

• Coconut oil as lubricant - what is the collective wisdom?  
  • Ditto for the addition of small, let me repeat SMALL, amounts of ginger, ginger oil, cinnamon extract, peppermint extract for similar effect as the "figgin" discussion elsewhere.

Rumor has it such mixtures can be pretty nice BUT I am having a hard time locating info on how much oil/extract is "just right" and how much is catastrophically too much.:eek:

What I do know about coconut oil as lubricant is it works very well, lasts longer than water based, and tastes a hell of a lot better than most alternatives.  Warning - DO NOT use with latex condoms as it tends to break down the latex - yikes!! (Skyn elites - yes! for many reasons)

Now where but here would one ask these questions??

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Oils-Natural-Remedies-Reference/dp/1623154243/ref=pd_sim_14_1/163-2272931-6424336?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=32ST1Y14JJK78PP0CATW

Also visit one of our Ladies that very very knowledgeable on the subject. I made an elixir for a Lady just last week and rubbed her down big time. Fun and Sexy would be an understatement. Her mix was for stress and muscle pain.

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Essential-Oils-Aromatherapy/dp/0931432820

Edited by fishndude57
Better book

47 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Oils-Natural-Remedies-Reference/dp/1623154243/ref=pd_sim_14_1/163-2272931-6424336?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=32ST1Y14JJK78PP0CATW

Also visit one of our Ladies that very very knowledgeable on the subject. I made an elixir for a Lady just last week and rubbed her down big time. Fun and Sexy would be an understatement. Her mix was for stress and muscle pain.

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Essential-Oils-Aromatherapy/dp/0931432820

Thanks fishndude, but i am specifically NOT asking about use as massage oil or aroma therapy - although there are amazing uses in those categories as well.  I am asking about lubricant - as in smoothing the way for insertion of various items in various body openings and secondarily producing additional sensory effects - warmth, tingling, etc. B)  I am going to hazard a guess there are some experts in the audience and hoping for both male and female perspectives.

Coconut is a great lubricant, I have tried with additives.

Sweet Almond as a carrier oil besides coconut. Peppermint essential oil will tingle. Your primaries will be rosemary, lavender, geranium, thyme, chamomile, peppermint, cardamom, lemon, eucalyptus, tea tree. Those will give you guaranteed the results you're after.

Edited by fishndude57
misspelled you're

2 minutes ago, AnaBeau said:

Grapeseed oil is the best y'all

Cheap too, and mixes with anything. Yup.

Coconut oil, olive oil and shortening all work well. I haven't tried it but I also hear there is a recipe for homemade lube with xanthan gum. The only downside to using fatty oils as lube is that their fatty. Don't want all that crisco in your bloodstream.

I would not use any oils for the fun of it. Figging is fun but an actual ginger root isn't nearly as potent or concentrated as an oil. For the guys BE CAREFUL, you don't want anything in your peehole! I brought ghost peppers into the bedroom to play and that was fun but was very careful to keep on the clit and external parts only. Even being careful we still failed but I had some very spicy sex that day.

I'm going to have to draw the line at anything that's measured in Scoville Heat Units.

"Extracts" are made using solvents usually alcohol or ether based both of which readily dissolve mucosa. If you combine the irritant effect of peppermint extract or cinnamon extract and the protective mucosa being dissolved, you are going to have a fireball on your hands. Try giving yourself an enema with Castilles Soap (peppermint soap). That will give you a gentle warm up of what to expect. This is not for me. Not into pain.

Just going to the bathroom without thorough hand washing after applying Ben gay Gel, or slicing Habanero peppers can have blazing consequences. Essential oils are MUCH more concentrated. To suggest extreme caution is still a huge understatement.  The tiniest amount too much and the term "fire in the hole!" will take on a whole new meaning.

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

This may not be the most manly thing to admit here, but I use essential oils bath products and coconut lime body lotion.. what can I say.. my job is dirty and smelly, but that doesn't mean I have to be

Coconut oil is the best, when I get a tantra massage she only has to put the oil in her hands one time and it lasts for the entire session.

22 hours ago, Juanmotai said:

This may not be the most manly thing to admit here, but I use essential oils bath products and coconut lime body lotion.. what can I say.. my job is dirty and smelly, but that doesn't mean I have to be

Juan takes a shower LIKE A GIRL! But for real jasmine is the shit. 

12 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Juan takes a shower LIKE A GIRL! But for real jasmine is the shit. 

BIG time expensive tho. I'm gonna order some, just gotta figure out from what extract.

10 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

BIG time expensive tho. I'm gonna order some, just gotta figure out from what extract.

There is an herbal and metaphysical store on East Colfax across the street from VooDoo Donuts that you should checkout.

11 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

ylang ylang, bergamot, just no freaking patchouli.

1 minute ago, Lucy Kitten said:

ylang ylang, bergamot, just no freaking patchouli.

got the bergamot and do have patchouli, need the ylang ylang, it's used in a lot of elixirs.

Coconut oil is great for frying chicken.

KY jelly is odorless, tasteless, and water soluble so it won't stain your sheets - and very slippery.

So one day many years ago, me and a buddy of mine are driving to upstate NY, following a married couple we were going to be doing some work for.  Due to misadventure, my car overheated on the interstate.  Big time, blew the radiator hose to bits.  So we're all stopped on the side of the road, the couple says they'll go up to the car parts store at the next exit and get a new hose while I let everything cool down.

They come back with a new hose, but the one end is too long by a couple inches and needs to be cut down.  I ask my buddy to cut it down while I was still removing the old hose bits.  Unfortunately he cut the side of the hose that expanded out an extra half inch to fit the larger hole on the engine block rather than the correct end that had a consistent diameter that was meant to be trimmed down.  It was of course the last of that type of hose the store had.  

There was just enough expansion on the cut end for me to get it onto the engine block, if I only had something to lubricate it with.  The wife blushed a little, and came back from their car a minute later with a bottle of purple love lube.

Sure enough, it got that hose on the block nice and easy!  

On 1/21/2017 at 1:26 PM, gr8owl said:

I did not want to totally hijack the pineapple thread so here goes a new one. Two basic questions:

• Coconut oil as lubricant - what is the collective wisdom?  
  • Ditto for the addition of small, let me repeat SMALL, amounts of ginger, ginger oil, cinnamon extract, peppermint extract for similar effect as the "figgin" discussion elsewhere.

Rumor has it such mixtures can be pretty nice BUT I am having a hard time locating info on how much oil/extract is "just right" and how much is catastrophically too much.:eek:

What I do know about coconut oil as lubricant is it works very well, lasts longer than water based, and tastes a hell of a lot better than most alternatives.  Warning - DO NOT use with latex condoms as it tends to break down the latex - yikes!! (Skyn elites - yes! for many reasons)

Now where but here would one ask these questions??

For one you would find someone whose real world job is selling essential oils...hmm now I wonder who that would be 😘 As someone with a history of renal failure and was as sick as I was in 2015 there is only one reason I am alive today. Essential oils. I am now off most of my prescriptions and I am thriving doing a natural lifestyle and have incorporated essentials oils into all aspects of my life. As my regulars are used to seeing when they visit, I am always diffusing and using essential oils during sessions.

As for a lubricant the only one I can use down there is FCO (fractionated coconut oil) this is a liquid form of coconut oil. A fat has been removed so it will never solidify. Due to the kidney issues, I cannot handle any chemical lubricants and coconut oil is the only one I can take. FCO has no scent or flavor so it's a good one to use. 

Please NEVER buy essential oils on amazon or from the store! Omg! The FDA does NOT regulate the industry and you have no way of knowing if you have purchased pure and natural essential oils! There are only 2 reputable brands out there. For a non-biased source I would check out essential oil university on Facebook. Dr Pappas is the worlds leading authority on essential oils and their purity. I won't post my company name that I work for in the real world but I have personally seen the power these little drops of love have on physical, mentally and emotional health and there are ways you at home can check if your essential oil is pure or has impurities in it.

if anyone wants information or would like to attend an upcoming free online class I am teaching on essential oils and elevating your Sex life, please send me a pm for info. 

Please be safe!

Edited by Kyla Young

Has anyone considered simple olive oil?  It has been around for several thousand years and has many other uses.

Edited by Volt Aire

On 1/25/2017 at 1:23 PM, Old_Timer said:

Coconut oil is great for frying chicken.

KY jelly is odorless, tasteless, and water soluble so it won't stain your sheets - and very slippery.

Coconut oil and frying - a fire waiting to happen!!

As to the KY all due respect OT but you summed up half of my interest in asking OP  lol.  KY dries too quickly and becomes a sticky mess.  As to odorless and tasteless - bingo - that is the point of original post.  A natural oil with certain anti bacterial and fungal properties with a mild pleasant taste and how to add other oils (yeah, I should NOT have said extracts lol) or flavors to add pleasant flavors and or other sensations WITHOUT injury or infection, etc..  Flavors and smells can be a great enhancement, I was just looking for guidance to avoid overdoing and/or stupid mistakes.  Plain vanilla sex is .... well, pretty damn good, but it can be enhanced in many delightful ways if one opens up the mind and tries new things - especially oral adventures which I love.  B) And by magic of this forum some experts step up!!!

Hey, gr8owl, if "oral adventures" are what you love, isn't good old spit sufficient for lubrication?  Maybe I'm really missing out on something but either way, no matter who's on top, I have never sensed a need for lubrication for oral adventures.  Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm always looking for a new adventure, am I missing out?

4 hours ago, Badboy said:

Hey, gr8owl, if "oral adventures" are what you love, isn't good old spit sufficient for lubrication?  Maybe I'm really missing out on something but either way, no matter who's on top, I have never sensed a need for lubrication for oral adventures.  Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm always looking for a new adventure, am I missing out?

OK, y'all.  Would you rather have a fragrant, pleasant tasting and silky smooth concoction of natural oils on your junk and or in your mouth (and hopefully both) or Bad Boy's spit?  Show of hands please.  I rest my case.

5 hours ago, Badboy said:

I think it's less about lubrication and more about sensation.

DITTO - Coconut oil is the best and I use  it for all of my Tantra Massages.  I am lucky enough where I live to get fresh home-made coconut oil!  There's nothing better!  

Be careful with essential oils as others have commented.  Do not use cinnamon, clove, or peppermint, they can burn or irritate the delicate tissues.  You need to have some knowledge of essential oils before you start using them.  Or play it safe with lavender.  This is one of the few that is safe enough to use on babies.  Or better yet, take a class from Kyla Young as she mentioned above.