Modigliani.

pre-pay

26 posts in this topic

I saw a girl that posed in the springs and decided to get in touch with her and everything seemed fine and normal. I asked her if she had reviews and she directed me to her ECCIE profile and had quite the prolific list of reviews(all good).  I thought this was a slam dunk. Real pics, real reviews and all the info matched. She told me that 1st time clients had to put a down donation amount using pay pal. I've never encountered this before so I told her I couldn't. Has anyone else encountered this before from a reputably provider?

It may no be super common in this market but it's not uncommon to have pay deposits these days. It reduces the chances of getting ripped off or having time wasted. If she's legit and has lots of info to back it up she's likely not trying o screw anyone over.

Years ago a gave a few bucks for her to book a room, but I've never been asked to put down a deposit when booking. 

When booking with my travel companions, I often pre-pay, typically half, so that they don't have to worry about their household bills while we're away from home. But these are trusted friends, not someone I have yet to meet.

5 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

When booking with my travel companions, I often pre-pay, typically half, so that they don't have to worry about their household bills while we're away from home. But these are trusted friends, not someone I have yet to meet.

In addition to tickets, cab fare, etc. But the operative words are "trusted friends."  

Prepay for a travel companion makes sense especially with someone you know.

Prepay for a date will earn you nomination for the Darwin Award.

Don't knock it until you try it. Just because you may have personal trust issues doesn't mean individuals can't be trusted. If the lady has a solid reputation and you want to see her then paying a deposit should be easy breezy. It doesn't have to be from a CC even, I see a lot taking deposits in the form of $20 Amazon gift cards, just to weed out those who aren't serious.

My problem with the OP's scenario is the paper trail of a PayPal transaction.

Besides, I thought PayPal stopped dealing with "adult" goods & services years ago. I remember horror stories of PayPal seizing ASPs' accounts. 

1 hour ago, Happymon said:

In addition to tickets, cab fare, etc. But the operative words are "trusted friends."  

Naturally, tickets, etc. are covered. As are all expenses(food, entertainment, lodging, etc.) during our travels. I do, however, draw the line at souvenirs 😏

2 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Besides, I thought PayPal stopped dealing with "adult" goods & services years ago. I remember horror stories of PayPal seizing ASPs' accounts. 

true but maybe the OP doesn't mean specifically paypal like when dudes call BP CL. It's possible that it's not her paypal either. If she has a great list of reviews and a good rep I would assume she probably has a good head on her shoulders

2 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

... If she has a great list of reviews and a good rep I would assume she probably has a good head on her shoulders

Agreed!

Have to agree with everything Lucy said, but let me add that PayPal can be used for many different businesses and can't be traced to "adult" activities. Plus there's square cash, and other things.

Whatever her rules are, you need to follow. Unless of course they don't match your rules. If that is the case, you two are not a match. You can tell her politely and move on. 

I personally would have no problem putting down a deposit on certain ladies. If they advert it up front, yeah I'll address it. Gotta be somebody I want to see, and not a whim, but somebody I've followed.

I would have a hard time paying an advance to someone I have never met.  A regular I have seen more than a time or two, OK..  

If you do schedule and pre-pay based upon Eccie reviews I suggest you make sure the contact info on Eccie matches her ads OR that you contact her through Eccie.  Purpose would be to make sure not just someone trying to "borrow" a legit lady's ID.  Has been known to happen.

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

I would have a hard time paying an advance to someone I have never met.  A regular I have seen more than a time or two, OK..  

If you do schedule and pre-pay based upon Eccie reviews I suggest you make sure the contact info on Eccie matches her ads OR that you contact her through Eccie.  Purpose would be to make sure not just someone trying to "borrow" a legit lady's ID.  Has been known to happen.

Hoping that someday these feelings will change. Regulars don't need deposits. Bozos do. Once you get past a certain price point deposits become increasingly more common. If I were $350+ I would be asking for deposits.

This is something that would really be beneficial to all providers were it to become more accepted. It's a huge step in eliminating those who aren't serious.

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Yes it was paypal that she requested the service. I had the same idea as you with paper trail she suggested a prepaid visa card.

2 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Great point. As far as I could tell all the info matched but I decided to error on the side of caution and forgo the payment.  I was peaked by her reviews, pics and that she was in the springs. probably TGTBT

5 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Don't knock it until you try it. Just because you may have personal trust issues doesn't mean individuals can't be trusted. If the lady has a solid reputation and you want to see her then paying a deposit should be easy breezy. It doesn't have to be from a CC even, I see a lot taking deposits in the form of $20 Amazon gift cards, just to weed out those who aren't serious.

Youre right its not a bad idea. If she was Colorado local and had reviews by members I'm familiar with then I'd go for it. Just not enough info for me to make the leap.

I see no issues with this form of pre-payment in this scenario. The provider is legit, has reviews and is established by your own admission. She's simply adhering to her rules and protecting herself from NCNS cancellations and time wasters.

My advice. Go see her. Play by her rules. Have Fun.

In theory I am OK with a pre-pay, since I never cancel, but I pay with $50 bills precisely because I don't want a payment trail leading back to me.  If you pay with any form of service, doesn't it create a paper trail (in the figurative sense)  back to a purchaser's computer?

I'd ask if she would take Bitcoin.  That's untraceable*.  It also works just like regular cash, no charge-back once the transaction is confirmed, which is good for providers vs CC.  (Clients might view that as a con, though I view it as a feature.)

It's next to trivial to get setup with a digital Bitcoin wallet and fund it.  "There's an app for that." 

I've got a small investment in Bitcoin if any providers want some.  ;-)

---

*: It is actually possible to trace at least back to an exchange, but no worse than regular cash (because of serial numbers).

On 1/19/2017 at 6:25 PM, SabrinaLynn said:

They have places for people that don't follow rules lol...

Washington D.C?

On 1/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, cuddlybear99 said:

I'd ask if she would take Bitcoin.  That's untraceable*.  It also works just like regular cash, no charge-back once the transaction is confirmed, which is good for providers vs CC.  (Clients might view that as a con, though I view it as a feature.)

Not just untraceable in general, but if you get it at the right time, you can potentially treat it as a very good investment.  A friend has made about 900% off his initial investment from a few years back.  Of course, it's just as likely to lose value as any other investment.

Although in general I can see how using bitcoin for pre-payment would be a good thing for all involved.  I wouldn't mind pre-paying with bitcoin for time to an escrow service, for example.  It will lock in my appointment which is a good thing for both sides of the transaction.

Re: BitCoin, yes, there are providers that accept it, might be others interested in that. But big issue, getting it converted into real cash, quickly, easily. Last I looked, the gas station, Soopers, landlord, doctors office, et al. are not big users of BitCoin.

The fluidity in value of BitCoins might be problematic for providers: $400 in US currency is pretty much $400 dollars and can be spent right away at above locales. When BC have those swings, and your $400 evaporates...

The neighborhood coffee shop used to have a BitCoin ATM: that was unplugged pretty quick due to lack of users.

23 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

The neighborhood coffee shop used to have a BitCoin ATM: that was unplugged pretty quick due to lack of users.

Alley Cats was ahead of it's time.  ;-)

On 1/25/2017 at 9:59 AM, Admiral C said:

Washington D.C?

Good one!  LMAO