cuddlybear99

30min, 1hr, so why is 45min uncommon ??

35 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Come Honor Face said:

Sorry about that, consider it a post for the visually impaired. 

I'll buy that unfortunately, I'll be 60 in May. :(

On 1/15/2017 at 8:27 PM, cuddlybear99 said:

Okay, reading another thread and this question popped back into my head.  A wouldn't-you-like-to-know in general type of question that's been on my brain for a while -- and I'm not quite sure why I feel like sharing this here -- but I'm curious if anybody out there is a "bird of a feather" on the topic of session length.  I'm interested in client and provider thoughts on this!

I'm a bit older and I find that 30min is too short for a session for a number of reasons that I think are unnecessary to go into, but that 1hr is just a bit too long for a nice lovely stress relief session.  FBSM aside, the sweet spot for me is around 45mins.  Before this goes off track let me throw out my assumptions here to focus this.

From the client perspective...

1) You've met the provider before, initially starting off with a 1hr or longer session, the get-to-know-you phase if you will.  Perhaps more than one session, a few.
2) The provider really "checks all the boxes" w.r.t. what you like and expect.  Rapport is built.

Now, I have no problem with 1hr or longer session for those first time meet ups, I spend that "extra" time (first 15+ mins) chatting in a get-to-know-you fashion (not talking about the weather) which for me is necessary to know what kind of kinship it will be, or could be.  I love that sort of stuff.  For 1hr+ sessions after that, I do the same or just let the body rub go longer.  I have not left early, though contemplated it, as I didn't want to send the wrong message to ladies I really like.

But a lot of the time, in my busy life, I get to the point of just thinking "damn I wonder if she can see me today or tomorrow" and just want to rekindle and refresh that kinship.  And that sort of session is 40-45 mins for me and I'm on my way, refreshed and back to the daily grind.  All in a good way!

Is that so far fetched?  I just don't see 45mins offered very much.

I do have anecdotal data to back up this opinion as well.  I spend a lot of time on biz in the midwest and there is a place there that Shall Not Be Named that operates like a brothel.  I don't know how they stay in business, but they have two offerings, 40min and 1hr.  In talking with the ladies there, most of the regulars that come in take the 40min option.  I thought that was interesting.  I was thinking to myself, that's my sweet spot.  And this place has been in business for a long time, so there's a fair amount of institutional knowledge there (same person operating the place for years and years).  The only other thing I will add is one lady I wanted to do a one hour session with, she asked me what I wanted to do with the extra time.  I said just spend more time talking and she gave me the craziest look I've ever seen!  *shrug*

I provide 45 minute rates, but there isn't a option for that on sites :)

Fish, welcome to the 60 and over club.  happy early birthday 

I often enjoy a longer session to remove the stress of watching the time. My solution with a regular is to tip generously to show appreciation and gratitude for additional time and service. This 'understanding' allows us both to enjoy each other even more and leads to more flexibility in following visits.

18 hours ago, Come Honor Face said:
Big fan of the 45 minute time length. I even started a thread advocating for them last year (and got clowned on by the usual board bullies/alpha males...although I appreciate the few like Melissa Sterling and Bora I think that got what I was asking). I'm a 1 shot guy, I don't ever NEED a full hour. Especially for first meetings, where I have to determine if she's physically what I'm looking for, and figure out her personality and if we "click." If it's all good and I genuinely enjoy getting to know her and spending time with her and it seems reciprocal, I can do hour sessions later. But for the first meeting I'll do 45 minutes if it's offered. If it's not offered, I'll do 30 minutes instead. If neither 45 or 30 are offered, there probably won't be a first meeting.

I don't see any rational reason why 45 minute sessions are any more subject to staying over the limit than other time allotments. Guys who book 30 will try to stay for 40 minutes, guys who book an hour are gonna try to stay for 70 minutes. The type of clients who try to stay long are gonna do that no matter what time measurement they book, and the good clients are gonna try to stay only for what they paid for no matter how long they booked.

I also think some of the staying over problem is just ignorance of exactly what time it is, and not actively trying to take advantage and get more than they paid for. But that's drifting into a different discussion, maybe I'll start a new topic for that.

This is truly intended as being from a friend to a friend:  Are you sure you are still a one-shot guy?  Maybe that is due to the recovery constraints inherent in 30-60 minute appointments?  Try signing up for 90 minutes with an ATF soon, you might be surprised what the young lady can coax out of your old bones (pun intended) if you get a bit of cuddle/recovery time.

Just sayin, it works for me and I make dust look young.