I'm oh so close!!

9 posts in this topic

My apartment is so close to being done.  I am like days away. I want it  nice, but don't want to go broke trying to fancy it up, also don't want to dollar store it up.  Are there any nice affordable places to get extra furniture, and pretty things for the house? so what are some hobby things I should make sure to grab.  I'm excited!!! It's coming together. Any shopping advice would be appreciated!!! [snip]

Edited by Kaduk
content

Ikea has cute decor stuff without breaking the bank. They even have the garment racks for men's suits for 25-50 bucks. 

There is an upscale "thrift store" located on Hampden in the Happy Canyon Shopping Center that sells good quality furniture and household items. It is next to the Cherry Hills neighborhood. You can imagine the quality of some of the stuff that comes in? I purchased a oak framed beveled mirror and hall table in perfect condition that were in like new condition.

Sometimes Habitat For Humanity Restore locations ( 4 in the Denver area ) are worth the time to 'shop'.

23 hours ago, Casey Hart said:

My apartment is so close to being done.  I am like days away. I want it  nice, but don't want to go broke trying to fancy it up, also don't want to dollar store it up.  Are there any nice affordable places to get extra furniture, and pretty things for the house? so what are some hobby things I should make sure to grab.  I'm excited!!! It's coming together. Any shopping advice would be appreciated!!! [snip]

Congrats on your new place. I'm sure you're ready to move in and have it look the way you'd like. There have been some very helpful suggestions so far in this thread and I may suggest American Furniture Warehouse and/or Craigslist under for sale by owner. I've had good luck with both.

Good Luck to you

Back in the day when I needed more stuff, I always found that being the early-bird to estate sales led to great prices on real, authentic, furniture (dovetail drawers, solid cherry or other hardwood, etc.)  Once I even picked up over $600 worth of real Hopi Kachinas for $10!  The people who run estate sales usually have no idea what the stuff is worth, they just want to move it all in one day.

3 minutes ago, Badboy said:

Back in the day when I needed more stuff, I always found that being the early-bird to estate sales led to great prices on real, authentic, furniture (dovetail drawers, solid cherry or other hardwood, etc.)  Once I even picked up over $600 worth of real Hopi Kachinas for $10!  The people who run estate sales usually have no idea what the stuff is worth, they just want to move it all in one day.

I just picked up a set of clean Magnalite roasting pans, $5. Mercy, wayyyy more on Ebay. I'll use them tho.

2nd on the habitat stores, its hit or miss, but they'll usually negotiate too.  good luck