PSA and apologies, clarification

31 posts in this topic

Since some people do not know me and seemed to have misunderstood me, I feel I should make an apology and clarify what "low hanging fruit" is in my opinion.

Low hanging fruit are first of all NOT ladies who advertised or participate on BOTH tob and bp. If I offended any lady who did that, my apologies! 

Low hanging fruit ARE those with pimps who are charging stupid low rates like 120 an hour. Rates that low are what LE looks for. SO, when I asked the guys to stay away from low hanging fruit, I was trying to protect the TOB clients from possible trouble. 

Ladies of BP who will be advertising here who hadn't before, take some time to read other ladies ad's and reviews. You're now exposed to a higher quality of clientele. Guys here dont call at 2am or send pictures of their cocks. Raise your rates a little, and before you know it, you will be welcomed here if you aren't already.

Many of the guys have said they have found some great ladies on BP. Great! Many of the ladies here found tob from those clients and continued to advertise on BP, great, I have NO problem with you. 

I do not wish to see pimps, unmentionables,  bait and switch, robs, and rip-offs, or anything else on TOB.

TISH, LUCY, and anyone else who advertised on BP and TOB, YOU DO NOT fit into any of those categories!!!! If you thought I meant you, I apologize. 

To all the BP refugees who have a PENIS, go fuck off OR learn to behave. We have rules and expectations of certain norms. Every community has them. Just because we are hookers, providers, courtesan, etc, here on TOB we expect respect, and you will probably not be seen if you act like an ass. So you too need to read, and learn. 

Hopefully, this clarifies my statement! IF NOT, nothing I can do. 

I read the title of this post thinking I was going to get a clarification as to the meaning of PSA?

38 minutes ago, inkspot said:

I read the title of this post thinking I was going to get a clarification as to the meaning of PSA?

Public Service Announcement :D

10 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Since some people do not know me and seemed to have misunderstood me, I feel I should make an apology and clarify what "low hanging fruit" is in my opinion.

Low hanging fruit are first of all NOT ladies who advertised or participate on BOTH tob and bp. If I offended any lady who did that, my apologies! 

Low hanging fruit ARE those with pimps who are charging stupid low rates like 120 an hour. Rates that low are what LE looks for. SO, when I asked the guys to stay away from low hanging fruit, I was trying to protect the TOB clients from possible trouble. 

Ladies of BP who will be advertising here who hadn't before, take some time to read other ladies ad's and reviews. You're now exposed to a higher quality of clientele. Guys here dont call at 2am or send pictures of their cocks. Raise your rates a little, and before you know it, you will be welcomed here if you aren't already.

Many of the guys have said they have found some great ladies on BP. Great! Many of the ladies here found tob from those clients and continued to advertise on BP, great, I have NO problem with you. 

I do not wish to see pimps, unmentionables,  bait and switch, robs, and rip-offs, or anything else on TOB.

TISH, LUCY, and anyone else who advertised on BP and TOB, YOU DO NOT fit into any of those categories!!!! If you thought I meant you, I apologize. 

To all the BP refugees who have a PENIS, go fuck off OR learn to behave. We have rules and expectations of certain norms. Every community has them. Just because we are hookers, providers, courtesan, etc, here on TOB we expect respect, and you will probably not be seen if you act like an ass. So you too need to read, and learn. 

I love you...lol

"Low Hanging Fruit" Melissa that describes a great deal to me and I think I might use that when potential clients try to talk me down in price.  Thinking about raising my prices again this Summer. Not that much, but possibly an extra 20. ? Might make me more comfortable. Having a professional Attitude with how you conduct your business  is part of also not being Low Hanging Fruit" !  Honestly, we all enjoy you a great deal!!  At least I know I do for sure Sweet Melissa! :wub:

10 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

To all the BP refugees who have a PENIS, go fuck off OR learn to behave. We have rules and expectations of certain norms.

y the TS hate :c 

Thank you Kali! That really means a lot! I'm wathing and waiting before I make a decision on rates, but the thought has crossed my mind many times.  That decision will based on the guys and not the girls. The ladies are going to run business their way, and I'll run it my way. My only hope is that everyone stays safe and healthy. Not one single member on this board deserves anything bad. I hope they find peace and happiness wherever they go. 

21 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Thank you Kali! That really means a lot! I'm wathing and waiting before I make a decision on rates, but the thought has crossed my mind many times.  That decision will based on the guys and not the girls. The ladies are going to run business their way, and I'll run it my way. My only hope is that everyone stays safe and healthy. Not one single member on this board deserves anything bad. I hope they find peace and happiness wherever they go. 

I too wish the very best to all who are a psrt of TOB! In a world were it is so easy for things to wrong for us. It is a very good idea to go up and add value to what you provide. I will never lower my prices. Honesty, what is $20. dollars? For me it is not that much more. I already know for a fact most ladies are charging more. Oh an extra 20 would make a world of financial differnce for me...wait unril i feel the power Melissa!!!❤ This Summer i will when i feel it is time. 

8 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Thinking about raising my prices again this Summer. Not that much, but possibly an extra 20. ? 

Thanks for the suggestion. Just might do the same. 

53 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Just might do the same. 

It may sound silly to most. However, just try and understand a bit about this subject from our perspective. I for one have been in and out of this biz since 2002. I kept my prices the same since I started from way back when till last summer. Last Summer I gave myself a 30.00 raise. And yes I am talking since 2002 being at the same rates. Laugh if you think I am kidding or whatever?!

Just the very same...I know for a fact we are all so MUCH more Worthy of more!!!😘😘

21 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Melissa, you summed up what a lot of us are thinking here with this situation. Let's hope this goes a long way towards healing any hurt feelings from the discussion last week with BP/TOB providers who advertised in both places and are just as much a vital part of our community as those who strictly advertise here. We welcome anyone who is on here due to the BP situation and hope this all gets ironed out soon.

22 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Very well put Melissa.

It is sad that when ladies vented on TOB last week about receiving 2 am phone calls, dick pics, rude emails and derogatory comments calling them whores, sluts, cunts, etc. that they were called out and put down by a vocal, righteous minority here on TOB.

I am angry that ANY lady has had to put up with men who do not respect women, regardless of where they advertise.  I offer my apologizes to every lady who has been on the receiving end of the middle of the night phone calls, rude emails, derogatory comments and unwanted dick pics.

8 hours ago, Alexa Rayne said:

...Of course, this is not expected in our industry but who says we can't be that change...be more than great provider...be a respected leader amongst the ladies who look up to you!! This WILL make all the difference in the success and future of our business...and that "Low Hanging Fruit" will have to find another board to fuck/mess with because we are the "Ladies of TOB" Bitches!! 

YES!  Adapt, adopt, and improve!  Sharing the knowledge is leaderhip.  In response, the intelligent gentlemen will improve their manners and increase their respect.  This board is teaching this newbie much about how to be a gentleman.

There was a post by fishndude57 titled "What i learned along the way".  That should be recommended reading by all newbies here.

21 minutes ago, Volt Aire said:

YES!  Adapt, adopt, and improve!  Sharing the knowledge is leaderhip.  In response, the intelligent gentlemen will improve their manners and increase their respect.  This board is teaching this newbie much about how to be a gentleman.

Control what you can control...the rest will pass...I am sure you are a gentleman who knows exactly how to respect a woman...just remember to enjoy the process of getting to know the beautiful ladies here, don't act desperate or let your excitement get the best of you because that is when simple gestures become very annoying, very quickly! Respect your lady of the day and the world will be yours!! Xoxo

Edited by Alexa Rayne
lack of coffee...spelling

10 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

There was a post by fishndude57 titled "What i learned along the way".  That should be recommended reading by all newbies here.

Read, understood, and adopted.  The content of this board is very engaging and educating.  Onward thru the fogg!

4 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

It may sound silly to most. However, just try and understand a bit about this subject from our perspective. I for one have been in and out of this biz since 2002. I kept my prices the same since I started from way back when till last summer. Last Summer I gave myself a 30.00 raise. And yes I am talking since 2002 being at the same rates. Laugh if you think I am kidding or whatever?!

Just the very same...I know for a fact we are all so MUCH more Worthy of more!!!😘😘

Your earlier post reminded me that I haven't raised my rates since the last century ,maybe around 1995 or so. Not making fun of what you said at all.

It will seriously do NeWbIe's good to take some direction from all of the established men on TOB. On occasion I gave forwarded threads on ethical behavior and what have you. Just not too certain who reads what? Having some of you men stepping in and being helpful and supportive will seriously score points with us ladies.😍😍 Thank you guys!!!

11 hours ago, Alexa Rayne said:

YESSSS...Very well written baby girl!! Great advice to all!!

That was exactly what I thought you meant by "Low Hanging Fruit" as it is my definition as well. I too started on BP, as many others. One of my favorite TOBers...took a chance that I was legit, without reviews!!

Thank goodness he did because I have to be honest...there definitely seems to be a lack of leadership, from some of our tenured ladies, which can be very frustrating for providers, who are either new to the industry, or like Tish and several others...new to TOB. 

A STORY---

I was introduced to Tish on a personal level and found out she was a very successful and tenured BP lady....yes, tenured...which means she also had something I could learn as well!! Due to her own need to remain UTR she stayed away from the review boards. She knew she had to change her business model in order to become more successful...Not without hesitation..Tish was open to learn about TOB, she began participating in the forums, and building credibility within this wonderful community...prior to creating an ad....BUT it is very difficult...why? Because some ladies feel joy by making others feel powerless, inferior, or unworthy...and it's bullshit!! 

Yes, its inevitable...BP ladies and gents are going to be flocking over to our little cozy, safe, perfect, and at times judgemental community... some of us are going to find ourselves in some real shit situations, whether they are costly mistakes, unexpected failures, or unscrupulous enemies...all because we would rather be selfish and not give a reference or provide guidance when needed.

TOB LADIES...Leadership from our current and reputable ladies is going to be "key" in ridding the "Low Hanging Fruit" Melissa and others are talking about...We must accept and anticipate this bullshit in advance, so we don't have to freak out, react emotionally, and aggravate things further...Train your minds, consider the worst-case scenarios, and please try to regulate our unhelpful instinctual responses!!

Please... let's stop worrying about the petty shit...start learning from others, pick up new skills along the way, and teach our new reputable BP ladies, who, like Tish...just need a chance... we all provide something unique to this business, and we can all smell the BS along the way...The more WE focus on genuine connections with our clients and look for ways to help each other--rather then just focusing on the negative-- the more likable and personable you become...

Of course, this is not expected in our industry but who says we cant be that change...be more than great provider...be a respected leader amongst the ladies who look up to you!! This WILL make all the difference in the success and future of our business...and that "Low Hanging Fruit" will have to find another board to fuck/mess with because we are the "Ladies of TOB" Bitches!! 

⬆THIS⬆I love you, Alexa! Big sloppy wet kisses and a 5 min hug.

8 minutes ago, Tish Thique said:

⬆THIS⬆I love you, Alexa! Big sloppy wet kisses and a 5 min hug.

Thank you JR. It all ties into how we individual value ourselves and that of our own, energy, talents, Spiritual bodies. If in life you allow indifuals to run you over? Well, it plays into your physique make up (mentally sub concious mind).And by allowing things of this nature to continue on in your lives it will either destroy you or beat you down in life. We all deserve to be validated in life by others and to encourage our sister's within the biz as well friends and clients to stand up and take notice of all they allow! More importantly tho is we personally need to validate ourselves and honor ourselves with the client lining our dressers with financial means worthy of our our services. 

Hope this makes sense to everyone who reads my writing? Lol goes into allot of my business ethics courses I took while in college and Eastern Arts.

Om shakti!

Melissa, Alexa, Kali and Tish. Thanks for not only good reading, but a GREAT attitude. Melissa, absolutely best thread IMO.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:43 PM, TSAlottaDignity said:

y the TS hate :c 

I was referring to those with a penis who PAY. No hate towards you or any other TS ladies. 

18 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I was referring to those with a penis who PAY. No hate towards you or any other TS ladies. 

to me a TS is a "Lady" Melissa. I would love to hear more TS Ladies speak up on here. Thinking we could seriously learn a great deal from them also. Learning is what it is all about. Until the day I die I wish to continue to learn and move forward with myself. :) 

2 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

to me a TS is a "Lady" Melissa. I would love to hear more TS Ladies speak up on here. Thinking we could seriously learn a great deal from them also. Learning is what it is all about. Until the day I die I wish to continue to learn and move forward with myself. :) 

Agree 1000% Kali. We should encourage dialogue from the entire diverse TOB community, including Trans genders.

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I think of them as ladies as well. I did say that lol. 

On 1/16/2017 at 9:55 AM, Alexa Rayne said:

let your excitement get the best of you because that is when simple gestures become very annoying

sorry, i'am always like....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maqhhvBVPX1qm6sfao2_500.gif

Edited by Mr.Pink

22 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Was kidding around just a little but good lol. And I took your advice to raise your rates a tad higher than BP ad rates and am still getting about the same trickle of quality leads from here so thank you

I suspect the BP refugee guys coming here will likely die down soon as they start realizing all the providers using BP are just posting to the dating section now instead.

4 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Were just like you regular providers, except we have to do greek everytime c:

There's only a couple of us on TOB though unfortunately. I suspect it might have to do with TOB not having a completely separate section for TS like eros and backpage do so clients looking for us are less likely to see the search functionality dropdown has a TS filter option and so lazily move to other places to look for us making us less likely to advertise here. Still worth the $65 though. 

Also putting us both in the same main list has the annoying side effect of lazy clients who just look at the pictures and don't read the full about me so they don't realize were trans.  Had an outcall last week where the client didn't realize it till he took off my pants, scariest few seconds of my life! The guy didn't know what TS meant. Luckily he wasn't the type to stab me so we just awkwardly ended it and I stumbled out of there. So I've started including in every conversation "and you are aware I'm a pre op transgender person correct?" which has weeded out a few still.

Good reply, think we all know and have contact with "lazy clients" who refuse to read our ads. I one way or another we all feel as though there is a constant need  to repeat ourselves that goes well beyond being repetitive! For me the biggest problem is having to explain that I only do this line of work part-time. Reason because I also work in a regular office .too. Have to laugh because  will often be explaing myself and i know the potential client is hearing my office line phone ringing. 

Looking forward to hearing more and learning from you. Thank you TSALottadignity!😅 

On 1/15/2017 at 11:10 AM, Melissa Sterling said:

I agree Melissa.... I started on BP but once I saw a client that told me about TOB I jumped on it.... much better clientele, great staff and sexy women like yourself😉.... I'm here to play and have fun....