When a newbie client is shady.....

26 posts in this topic

So trying out a new area then schedule a "newbie" with no references and then they try to get my location via PM ..... because they're  "phone died".... any other providers with this issue before?

I'm not newbie friendly so I don't know how much I can actually help. 

Have you screened him enough to feel comfortable seeing him? If so maybe give him the benefit of the doubt? 

Right now with the stock show in town I would advise you really listen to your gut and don't take unnecessary risks.

Good luck beautiful:D

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

I'm not newbie friendly so I don't know how much I can actually help. 

Have you screened him enough to feel comfortable seeing him? If so maybe give him the benefit of the doubt? 

Right now with the stock show in town I would advise you really listen to your gut and don't take unnecessary risks.

Good luck beautiful:D

Thank you Laci but this person is on TOB... and because he has reviews on here I THOUGHT he was ok.... Apparently not :(

What's wrong with PM? I book all of my appointments strictly through email or PM. I haven't used a phone in 2 years to book or communicate.

I don't feel comfortable with a client calls,and then when they arrive and say they're at my location, they stop calling and start PM through TOB.... I'm sorry but to me that's shady.... plus they have no references...but they have reviews and nothing on forum?..... smells fishy

Edited by Bella Marie

8 hours ago, mj76 said:

What's wrong with PM? I book all of my appointments strictly through email or PM. I haven't used a phone in 2 years to book or communicate.

Mj you are much more established than this person...

I understand, why would he use PM to get directions if you had been talking on the phone. It seems it would to ask you to text the directions or whatever. I ask for directions using text so I will not screw up remembering.

The other question is if his phone died, how is he PMing you? Does he have his computer with him? He should have planned better...

I would ask the ladies that he reviewed and see what they say. Follow your gut!

Of course, the guy may have had blood to only one brain that doesn't function logically. ;-)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

15 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

Of course, the guy may have had blood to only one brain that doesn't function logically. ;-)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

LOL! This never happens...does it?

There are plenty of legitimate reasons why he may have switched to PM, but if it leaves enough doubt in your mind that you feel uncomfortable then walk away.  Always trust your instincts.  Also, if he has reviews why doesn't he have references from the ladies he has seen previously?

1 hour ago, Long Time said:

There are plenty of legitimate reasons why he may have switched to PM, but if it leaves enough doubt in your mind that you feel uncomfortable then walk away.  Always trust your instincts.  Also, if he has reviews why doesn't he have references from the ladies he has seen previously?

Some people are still figuring out the features on here, and have no idea that that exists. Heck, I only knew about it(a few months ago)when one of my reviewers asked me to "reference" him. Best thing ever!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

If he is driving around and his phone died, how can he pm?  I think I would pass.

On 1/10/2017 at 2:00 PM, Bella Marie said:

So trying out a new area then schedule a "newbie" with no references and then they try to get my location via PM ..... because they're  "phone died".... any other providers with this issue before?

It does sound weird that he's got internet access but no phone. On the other hand, what possible difference could it make to correspond via phone or pm here? The bottom line is, as others have said, it's your screening and your comfort level that makes the difference. 

Maybe he had a laptop and ducked into a coffee shop to make contact and avoid a NCNS strike on his record?

Edited by Long Time

20 hours ago, Long Time said:

Maybe he had a laptop and ducked into a coffee shop to make contact and avoid a NCNS strike on his record?

Or maybe his hobby phone died but his real phone works and PM is the best anonymous contact option through that phone.  Lots of legit possibilities, but still up to the YL's gut.  I don't blame anyone (provider or client) for erring on the side of caution.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:40 PM, MrBigShot said:

LOL! This never happens...does it?

Not with me. My clients are SO logical and thinking straight! ;)

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I do not understand what to fear from a PM?  I guess I don't understand what horrible thing could come your way from him PM'ing you on TOB instead of calling?  I'm not taking his side, I'm just trying to understand the concern.

On 1/11/2017 at 3:45 PM, Jenni said:

If he is driving around and his phone died, how can he pm?  I think I would pass.

He might have his laptop or tablet; With that he can access the internet.... 

I always try to setup with PM, I tend to get anxiety when talking in the phone and been told i come off odd but when I meet in person I'm confident and chill, so I avoid the phone call. Most providers I've met have been chill too. 

Many cars have wifi through the touch pad screen.  I have used wifi based contact through p411 PMs.  I'm not sure TOB PM has the same security.  I'm not sure it's  an ominous communication.  I don't use  TOB Psa becaase I'm nor sure where they are stored.  P411 ia off shore.

On 1/11/2017 at 1:32 PM, Long Time said:

Absolutely.... I always give references when I see someone💋

On 1/12/2017 at 0:48 PM, Keyser said:

Or maybe his hobby phone died but his real phone works and PM is the best anonymous contact option through that phone.  Lots of legit possibilities, but still up to the YL's gut.  I don't blame anyone (provider or client) for erring on the side of caution.

ESPECIALLY NOW👄👄👄👄

Thank you all💞for your insightful input👄👄👄👄👄

On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 2:46 PM, SultryKitten said:

Some people are still figuring out the features on here, and have no idea that that exists. Heck, I only knew about it(a few months ago)when one of my reviewers asked me to "reference" him. Best thing ever!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Oh my gosh...I agree with you Samantha...I was so frickin excited when I learned about the "reference" feature! (I get excited easily over big and small things :P)

I don't use it as much as I should simply because I forget about it but...it would really help us all out, especially these days! 

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Bella Marie said:

I have never had this issue but trust me I have had several others...lol!

After reading the different responses above...I agree...the change in the Newbies communication pattern is odd but not unheard of... and there could be several legit possibilities but at the end of the day...go with your gut and always stay within your comfort zone!

💋