Kayleehotchick

AirBnB vs Motels

44 posts in this topic

You are one heck of an unlucky individual to have had the police called on you multiple times, let alone in Walmart because you sneezed....I mean I've heard some strange stuff on this board, but that has got to be the topper. What did they do? Did security hold you there for sneezing until the police came? 

And yes, airBnB hosts do often have cameras in public areas to monitor what the heck is going on. We also often ask neighbors to keep an eye on the property if we are not nearby. TRUST ME on this one. No one who has an airBnb desires to have illegal activities going on inside, for some of the reasons mentioned above. You will be blacklisted, and depending on the circumstances, worse. A lot of people coming and going is usually not indicative of anything good, whether that be what you are doing, or other things I cannot mention here. I say this not because I have or will ever use and airBnB (retired now anyway), but as an owner. Bad tenants are bad tenants, whether that be leasing a place for a year or for a week. Purely an FYI. 

Do people still use AirBnB?  

Edited by QuakerOatZ

Pretty sure every host states no illegal activities or parties and would never rent their home to someone bringing it into their neighborhood I'm pretty sure the neighbors don't appreciate temporary brothels nearby........

I was happy to read these posts.  I thought about the bnb, but there were too many downsides to it.  Cost, deposit, cleaning fee... I would feel so uncomfortable soaking their new couch, in my case needing new sub floors put in.  I am sure the neighbors would notice five different men coming for an hour.  This is the same reason I do not want a permanent in call.  The Gypsy in me likes living in Fancy hotels..... 

On 7/1/2017 at 7:39 AM, Raine-7379 said:

I thought about the bnb, but there were too many downsides to it.  Cost, deposit, cleaning fee...

I'm currently on the road and looked into AirBnB as well, and came to same conclusion. Whole condos/homes were not any kind of deal, cost-effective places were getting comparable in cost to hotels/motels.

Priceline has got me some nice deals, but real hit & miss. Have booked two different hotels with their "mystery" option. One was a new-ish Hyatt for < $100/night. The other, well, reviews not great, but great & safe location and price is comparable to lesser, more sketch places. And even then, the options seem to change day to day, hour to hour. The latter hotel only popped up withinp last day or so, as earlier searches turned up only pricy options in prime locations a few days ago.

Can see the ABnb being a nice option for providers: no nosey staff, one appointment pays for day's rent, sense of "home".

I don't see the horrible repercussions of using AIRBNB  or VRBO.  People are renting their space for the same purposes as hotels.  Short term residence and what you to behind closed doors is your   business.  If they want to film video of my ass boucning up and down with a lovely lady, so be it.  Do you think they are going to bust through the door and arrest you?  People have been getting laid for some time and in the big picuture it doesn't mean money has been exchanged.  There are many ways of making the money exchange very discreet and not something that can be registered on camera.  The money is an afterthought and if the client is smart about what takes place, there is nothing wrong with a couple who are attracted to each other getting in on in either a hotel room, or a rented apartment or home.  The ancillary downsides, stalkers, etc.  are present wherever the hobby takes place.  But a lady who uses a short term rental is going to move on just like they do in hotels.  That is a security question that any purveyor of short term rental space will have to deal with.

On 7/2/2017 at 1:37 PM, time4fun said:

I don't see the horrible repercussions of using AIRBNB  or VRBO.  People are renting their space for the same purposes as hotels.  Short term residence and what you to behind closed doors is your   business.  If they want to film video of my ass boucning up and down with a lovely lady, so be it.  Do you think they are going to bust through the door and arrest you?  People have been getting laid for some time and in the big picuture it doesn't mean money has been exchanged.  There are many ways of making the money exchange very discreet and not something that can be registered on camera.  The money is an afterthought and if the client is smart about what takes place, there is nothing wrong with a couple who are attracted to each other getting in on in either a hotel room, or a rented apartment or home.  The ancillary downsides, stalkers, etc.  are present wherever the hobby takes place.  But a lady who uses a short term rental is going to move on just like they do in hotels.  That is a security question that any purveyor of short term rental space will have to deal with.

Huh? They might bust through the door and arrest  you. You never know.... This is why it is so important to be discreet! If several men are observed coming and going to a spot that a lady is using, that then becomes "probable cause" in the eyes of LE. I'd rather not press my luck or put my clients in an uncompromising position. Good grief....

12 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Huh? They might bust through the door and arrest  you. You never know.... This is why it is so important to be discreet! If several men are observed coming and going to a spot that a lady is using, that then becomes "probable cause" in the eyes of LE. I'd rather not press my luck or put my clients in an uncompromising position. Good grief....

Agreed! Not to mention that a private residence is so much different than a hotel and Air Bnb is another one of those sites/services that likes to ban providers if they're found out. It really is best for us providers to avoid services that don't want us using them and putting clients in awkward positions.

There is a site called Kink Bnb but last I checked they didn't have many listings which is unfortunate because it's a really great idea. I hear there is another site called Innclusive that is much friendlier towards all walks of life but I have no personal experience with them.

this was something that I had talked about on another board. just assumed it does happens unbeknownst to us who rent these properties. but it is a complete legal matter. and it becomes invasion of privacy amongst other things....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/airbnb-rigged-with-hidden-cameras-could-be-hundreds-of-victims-police-say/ar-AAtgEcE?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=U218DHP

As an operator of an AIRBNB, as long as my guests conform with basic protocals, I don't really care who they connugle with.  I suppose it depends a little on the location, maybe if you're in a home in a tight surburban neighborhood, where the neighbors are watching every entrance and exit it could become a problem.  I also think ladies who are on a production schedule, have the same potential liability in a hotel or private space, including their own incall.  I promote my AIRBNB as being a good business location, with the highest speed internet, and other amenities that make it comfortable for business travellors to have meetings or social gatherings as part of their business mission.  I see, the business we discuss here, as one of those liegitmate business pursuits that can benefit from the ability to secure a short term rental.  [snip]

Edited by Kaduk
content

I feel safer in neighborhoods or when the provider can host at her place. That's really my preference.

Yeah, nothing better than parking in front of a suburban house and walking up to the door, while the nosy neighbors take photos of you and your license plate because they figured out what the good-looking gal next door, who has random guys show up regularly for 60 minute visits (and walk out with slap-happy grins), is really doing.  I'll take a nice anonymous hotel lobby any day.

BTW, I have walked up to plenty of doors in suburban houses, don't get me wrong, it just isn't my druther.

I would stay far away from Airbnb. You don't know the owners and what they are capable of.

At least with a hotel they have a professional reputation to uphold and way more likely to turn a blind eye if you are discreet. 

hey girl !! ive stayed at airNb and I can say that I was in love with the place but the house I had rented out wasn't too fond of having traffic.. the privacy was of a concern however it worked out as a lesson.. yes airNb can be more on the inexpensive side however some hobbyist would rather a hotel.. some are willing to try something new and come to a residential...

On 1/8/2017 at 9:41 AM, Kayleehotchick said:

Hi there,

I'm new to the area and a little nervous to try a new market.  

I've been considering going to the Airbnb route to help clients feel a little more comfy vs motels.   My ONLY concern is I'm afraid that some places might have nanny cams or hidden cams in the main living area. 

What is your advice and opinions about Airbnb vs Motels when it comes to visiting a well reviewed provider?

I'm new to this town as well. I am trying to find a good area, like Westminster or Cherry Creek do you have any luck yet with any certain part of Denver that you would suggest that people wouldn't feel like it was too far away. Because I have ran into that a lot and also I have ran into the fact that people don't want to come and see you hotels so there would probably be a lot better but then you run into the problem that it has to be in a decent area where people don't see too much activity in  and out.