MrReindeer-9515

Fuck You 2016!!!

28 posts in this topic

2016 has been the proverbial "kick in the nuts" for many of us; and while the Media likes to take the last week of the year to reflect on what was, this is the best tribute that I have seen:

I love/hate John Oliver but damn is he good at expressing popular sentiment.

2016 sucked so bad I would take back the Cubs World Series win if I could.

14 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I love/hate John Oliver but damn is he good at expressing popular sentiment.

Let's  not get carried away with the Cubs but as far as the rest goes that is a for sure.

6 hours ago, Lustyleah said:

Let's  not get carried away with the Cubs but as far as the rest goes that is a for sure.

It just seems fitting and unfortunate that when the Cubs finally win it's in "The Year Everything Went To Shit"

7 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

No No NO Lucy!!! That was incredible! Don't ever take that win away for the Cubs! Nothing worth trading for that win!

4 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

It just seems fitting and unfortunate that when the Cubs finally win it's in "The Year Everything Went To Shit"

Yeah, the Cubs winning seemed to be one of the very few positives of this year, unless you are an Indians fan that is.

I love john Oliver and agree with him 100%.  The only exception to the suckiness is this the year I got into the hobby 

Yeah FUCK 2016 in so many ways for so many reasons! 2017 better be better 

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Honestly, Melissa...can it get any worse? Nowhere to go but up from here. 2016 = Rock Bottom

Can it get any worse???

Let me see. In the last 120 or so years the world experienced the rise of communism, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Castro, Mao, numerous genocidal horrors with millions exterminated, two world wars, numerous lesser wars, a world wide flu epidemic that killed millions, the great depression, invention and use of nuclear weapons ............ the list goes on. Yes, 2016 seemed to suck but in comparison, it could get horribly worse.  We collectively forget history and get too fascinated by relative trivialities. So if 2017 is just like 2016 we should breathe a sigh of relief and be thankful. One guy's opinion.

57 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Can it get any worse???

Let me see. In the last 120 or so years the world experienced the rise of communism, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Castro, Mao, numerous genocidal horrors with millions exterminated, two world wars, numerous lesser wars, a world wide flu epidemic that killed millions, the great depression, invention and use of nuclear weapons ............ the list goes on. Yes, 2016 seemed to suck but in comparison, it could get horribly worse.  We collectively forget history and get too fascinated by relative trivialities. So if 2017 is just like 2016 we should breathe a sigh of relief and be thankful. One guy's opinion.

Comparing 2016 with the last 120 years of all the bad sh*t that's happened in the history of mankind puts it all in perspective, I guess. 

Did you watch the John Oliver video? 

16 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Comparing 2016 with the last 120 years of all the bad sh*t that's happened in the history of mankind puts it all in perspective, I guess. 

Did you watch the John Oliver video? 

When it originally aired, yes.  He is very talented at making his views seem like "yeah, no shit!!"  And entertaining.  Too bad he is slightly left of Bernie Sanders and Rachel Maddow.  Way, way too left of center for my tastes.  But then, virtually all news is slanted one direction or another anymore, facts be damned.

9 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

he is slightly left of Bernie Sanders and Rachel Maddow.  Way, way too left of center for my tastes.  

As am I. What does one's political orientation have to do with 2016 being unusually horrible?

10 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

As am I. What does one's political orientation have to do with 2016 being unusually horrible?

You asked if I watched the video.  I answered and gave my opinion about Mr. Oliver.  But since you ask, he includes things such as the election of Trump as one of the bad things, while frankly some believe it was finally a return to what's right. (minor pun intended).  I tend to agree (T Rump is a horse's ass) but think the real tragedy was who the other major party ran against him and the shit show the two major parties jointly subjected us to.  But that is just my view and using it as justification for whether 2016 was bad would be slanted as well.  Whether it was unusually horrible should be based upon facts, not debatable politics.

Bill Burr had an interesting take. People like Madonna saying FU to 2016! never mind about the fact these celebs took hard drugs for years, over prescribed meds, drank like fish, or had lifestyles that didn't quite promote health........ "blame the year"

15 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Can it get any worse???

And just to show that miracles can indeed happen, let me say that I agree with you.

18 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I have heard the faster people make it to Boulder the better year they will have!

7 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

Bill Burr had an interesting take. People like Madonna saying FU to 2016! never mind about the fact these celebs took hard drugs for years, over prescribed meds, drank like fish, or had lifestyles that didn't quite promote health........ "blame the year"

There are things that happened beyond celebs dying. And not all of them died from their lifestyles. Bowie was clean, Rickman had cancer, Anton Yelchin was crushed by his car, Gary Marshall, Leon Russell and Leonard Cohen were just old.

We can blame the year for the fiasco that was the Flint water crisis, Standing Rock, HB2 and foreign influence in US elections. Lots of things went to shit this year and not all of it had to do with dying celebrities.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

. Lots of things went to shit this year and not all of it had to do with dying celebrities.

I do not disagree, but let's not forget a lot of good things:

• Confirmation that gravitational waves exist
  • Lowest teen birth rate in history in US
  • Measles eradicated from Americas via immunization
  • Broncos won super bowl
  • High school graduation rate hits record high 83%
  • Cub fans can quit whining about curses, etc. and we can quit having to listen
  • Unemployment dipped below 5 percent after the last guy left us over 10 percent
  • National Park Service turned 100 years old
  • An Ebola vaccine has been shown effective
  • Kanye West melted down - now if he would just go away completely (I know, some disagreement on this one but .... my list.  Do you own if don't like)
  • Simone Biles - enough said
  • Zuckerberg/Chan donate three billion (yes, with a B) to research and eradication/cure of disease
  • Confirmation of conditions on Europa (moon of Jupiter) that may well support life
  • Fidel died - FINALLY!!
  • Keith Richards fouled up too many dead pools to count, again
  • Leaders (one to be) of two out of three world super powers become BFF's - now if Li would just join in for three way (OK, spiralling into saecasm now)

And many more

On personal note, I met several new (to me anyway) wonderful ladies, two of which definitely rose to ATF status :D  Yeah, I know bring on the "who gives a shit" comments - I do!!

Happy 2017 to all.

6 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

and foreign influence in US elections.

funny how the current potus changed his tune......

BARRY-O.jpg

I am alive,Im blessed, All my bills are paid... It may have been a bit rough but hey WE ALL MADE IT! It's only up to us to make 2017 better than the year before.. Be blessed everyone...

9 hours ago, gr8owl said:

• Broncos won super bowl
  • Unemployment dipped below 5 percent after the last guy left us over 10 percent
  • Kanye West melted down - now if he would just go away completely (I know, some disagreement on this one but .... my list.  Do you own if don't like)
  • Zuckerberg/Chan donate three billion (yes, with a B) to research and eradication/cure of disease
  • Confirmation of conditions on Europa (moon of Jupiter) that may well support life
  • Fidel died - FINALLY!!
  • Leaders (one to be) of two out of three world super powers become BFF's - now if Li would just join in for three way (OK, spiralling into saecasm now)

And many more

On personal note, I met several new (to me anyway) wonderful ladies, two of which definitely rose to ATF status :D  Yeah, I know bring on the "who gives a shit" comments - I do!!

Happy 2017 to all.

I agree with you, but with humans, negatives overshadows positives

My 2016 was great and I'm hoping 2017 will be even better.

Wishing everyone a blessed and happy new year. Be great and make it fantastic!! 🎊😋🎉

23 hours ago, gr8owl said:

• Broncos won super bowl
  • Fidel died - FINALLY!!

And many more

Happy 2017 to all.

C1GauXdUAAAZHW3.jpg:large

Lucy always seems to know best! 😅 2016 sucked balls. Sure there were good things but personally 2016 was the worst and I was never so happy to leave a shit year behind. But to be fair of all the suckiness that was 2016 it ended on a positive note.

As I confessed to my ATATF during pillow talk yesterday afternoon, "2016 was horrible in every way and would have been the worst year ever, except that was the year that I met you, so now it is the best year so far."  And I sincerely meant every word. 

Happy New Year, you perverts, hope you meet your ATATF this year.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that heartbreak is sure to follow, 2017 is probably already doomed.

On 1/1/2017 at 3:16 PM, Laci French said:

My 2016 was great and I'm hoping 2017 will be even better.

Wishing everyone a blessed and happy new year. Be great and make it fantastic!! 🎊😋🎉

I love a positive note against all the negatives out there.

Happy 2017 everyone, I hope that the New Year brings all of you blessings, wealth and happiness!

What? Like the number 17 is better than 16 and that's somehow related to anything?  It's not even good numerology which is entirely worthless.   It is my belief that the guy whose teeth I brush every morning is largely in charge as to whether I had a good day or not. String a bunch of days together and PRESTO, I've got a year.   I had a wonderfully full and rewarding 2016.  Wouldn't have traded it for anything.  I'm sorry if others' wasn't.

Edited by Happymon
clarity