Bit Banger

A dark cloud in The Force

33 posts in this topic

Carrie Fisher, aka Princess Leia, passed away this morning. She never recovered from the cardiac incident she suffered while flying London->LA.

She will be remembered fondly for her many comedic roles, and for rocking that bronze bikini. 

May The Force guide her to peace. 

She was also a huge mental health advocate and spoke openly about her mental health and addictions. She was a writer too, an insightful, intelligent witty entertainer. But more than anything she was a woman I looked up to for being strong and sassy. A real woman with real problems who achieved real success. A cool chick.

My hear aches for Debbie Reynolds too horrible to have to bury a child no matter the age.

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Carrie Fisher, aka Princess Leia, passed away this morning. She never recovered from the cardiac incident she suffered while flying London->LA.

She will be remembered fondly for her many comedic roles, and for rocking that bronze bikini. 

May The Force guide her to peace. 

OMG.... IKR?:unsure:

After the many demons She had to fight in real life and seems to have overcome it is a shame the her was cut so short god bless and keep her

Another iconic hero gone! This is just crappie. 

Way too young to go beyond the "edge".  Sad day.

I'm going to shill here -

A Star Wars costume exhibit is on at the Denver Art Museum. By all accounts, it's fantastic. Unfortunately for me, it opened after this snowbird flew S for the winter. They have set aside a shrine/book for patrons to share their memories of Ms. Fisher. 

http://theknow.denverpost.com/2016/12/27/carrie-fisher-star-wars-denver-art-museum/132305/

Edited by Bit Banger

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I'm going to shill here -

A Star Wars costume exhibit is on at the Denver Art Museum. By all accounts, it's fantastic. Unfortunately for me, it opened after this snowbird flew S for the winter. They have set aside a shrine/book for patrons to share their memories of Ms. Fisher. 

http://theknow.denverpost.com/2016/12/27/carrie-fisher-star-wars-denver-art-museum/132305/

Wings Over The Rockies is also holding a vigil tonight at the museum with the X-Wing front and center. I think the Alamo Drafthouse in Littleton is also holding a lightsaber vigil.

Any Star Wars fans and Carrie fans should definitely check out the exhibit at the Art Museum. It's truly amazing.

How many has it been in 2016? Prince, David Bowie, Glen Fry, Carrie Fisher, George Michael...I'm sure I'm leaving someone out.

All from my generation or younger.

Love the picture of Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia in the gold bikini. I think Cecilia has that pic as her background photo on her profile. I sometimes go to her profile page just to see that pic.

1 hour ago, MrBigShot said:

How many has it been in 2016? Prince, David Bowie, Glen Fry, Carrie Fisher, George Michael...I'm sure I'm leaving someone out.

All from my generation or younger.

Seriously! Did these people make a deal with a crossroads demon or something? It's just horrible how all of a sudden it all is.

2 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

For those of us whose tastes lean more to blues and rock you left out:

Leon Russell

Paul Kantner

Dale Griffen

Lonnie Mack

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

For those of us whose tastes lean more to blues and rock you left out:

Leon Russell

Paul Kantner

Dale Griffen

Lonnie Mack

I was sure I was forgetting a few. Thanks gr8owl

9 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Well fuck it all. Debbie Reynolds died today. Heartbroken.

You beat me to it. This just can't be happening. Poor Billie Lorde. Losing your mother and grandmother one day apart. This is just too much sadness. 

On 12/27/2016 at 7:40 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Another iconic hero gone! This is just crappie. 

I agree totally.

So sad...

I am just going to say it! 2016 sucked A$$!!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Debbie Reynolds gone to now she and Carrie had grown closer over the last few years. Who says that one can't die of a broken heart may god bless them both.

2 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

You beat me to it. This just can't be happening. Poor Billie Lorde. Losing your mother and grandmother one day apart. This is just too much sadness. 

screenshot-www.eonline.com 2016-12-28 22-38-12.jpg

And here I thought she was Unsinkable😏

I'm of an age where Ms Reynolds had more impact than her daughter. Where Carrie was often dark & moody with her internal demons, Debbie always seemed to be up, bright, cheerful & full of spunk.

Burying one's offspring is a special Hell. Lucy mentioned it, but there's a line in Bird, the Whitaker/Eastwood(director) movie about Charlie Parker, which says it best. "We aren't made to bury our children."

Both shall be deeply missed. 

"It's becoming increasingly obvious David Bowie has established a better, alternate universe and is populating it selectively one by one."

Dear 2016,

Please stop taking our beloved stars and icons. We've had enough of you already!!

Signed,

Enough Already

Postcards from the Edge fans, can only hope that Carrie smiled on her mom for stealing her thunder!!