Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

To review or not review.... that is the question

65 posts in this topic

Ok... so as a "low profile" provider I am skeptical about accepting reviews. Most of my clientele prefer not to, while a few will. I don't want alot of attention so I request them not to. I have been getting clients from TOB that are hesitant to see me because I have none.... any suggestions? 

Edited by Bella Marie

It is your choice, what ever works for you. I am sure if this was hurting your business you would have accepted reviews a long time ago.

True... but I enjoy different flavors just like everyone else here 👄💦💥😆

Edited by Bella Marie

1 hour ago, Bella Marie said:

any suggestions? 

You could accept to have just 2 or 3 good reviews and then don't accept anymore. In that way your new clients will know that you are for real and a couple of reputable reviewers have reviewed you. Then stop accepting reviews and continue with your low profile.

Bella, no reviews or not allowing reviews is a game stopper for me. The argument of reviews has been debated here ad nausem. I have run into too many providers who hide behind the No Review as an excuse for bad service.

Bella, I do know some ladies that have guys review them in the manner that they send her the review with their name, and she displays it on her website. You can ask that they don't provide details for various reasons, but that then the guys see the username of the person and the review stating you are great. On these boards, you can't really control that, but you can on your website. :-) If they still won't see you after this, then that is their issue not yours. Do what makes you feel comfortable. Hope this helps.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

As I recall, if you allow reviews on your website (or anywhere else on the web) you're not allowed on the DNR list. 

1 hour ago, inkspot said:

Bella, no reviews or not allowing reviews is a game stopper for me. The argument of reviews has been debated here ad nausem. I have run into too many providers who hide behind the No Review as an excuse for bad service.

Thank you...I'm  curious about how potential clients feel about this👄

49 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

As I recall, if you allow reviews on your website (or anywhere else on the web) you're not allowed on the DNR list. 

I don't think I have a link for reviews from my site.... I'll look into it😆

55 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

Bella, I do know some ladies that have guys review them in the manner that they send her the review with their name, and she displays it on her website. You can ask that they don't provide details for various reasons, but that then the guys see the username of the person and the review stating you are great. On these boards, you can't really control that, but you can on your website. :-) If they still won't see you after this, then that is their issue not yours. Do what makes you feel comfortable. Hope this helps.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Thank you... yes I prefer the activities are private... I just want them to know that I'm a real provider and open minded😆

Being fairly new a review at least lets me know a couple of things:

Are you a legitimate provider?  You don't have to browse far to get the seeds of fear and doubt sown.  A few reviews even negative ones at least let me feel a little less anxious.

Are we compatible?  There are things I like to do and reviews help me determine if I'll be disappointed or not.  There are some providers I've wanted to see then after reading reviews found out they won't do this or something's off the menu.  Rather than make a bad experience I just keep looking.

When I write the reviews I do I try to think about what I would want to know, keep it alphabet soup and mention if parking was safe, area safe, etc.

More and more I'm also finding that P411 seals the deal.

As Jagcs said,   I think it more to see if you offer what I am looking for.

There are a few girls on this site that wont prebook and for me that is a requirement, being self employed I have to schedule my time.

Then there is always the question of is the provider strictly 3G. cause that does not interest me either

16 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Ok... so as a "low profile" provider I am skeptical about accepting reviews. Most of my clientele prefer not to, while a few will. I don't want alot of attention so I request them not to. I have been getting clients from TOB that are hesitant to see me because I have none.... any suggestions? 

As a low profile provider, accepting reviews might open up your client base and could cause you to work harder and screen potential clients. The hesitancy from potential TOB clients is warranted IMHO since seeing established providers (i.e. those with reviews) is a way to ensure the provider is legit and also to see what's on the menu since we're not allowed to ask in advance.

It's your call as to whether you want to expand your client base or are content with keeping it low profile. It seems to me that your participation here is a tell that you'd like to explore all options available and are curious as to how TOB can help you to possibly have a few more Regulars or maybe have a little fun in the process.

37 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

As a low profile provider, accepting reviews might open up your client base and could cause you to work harder and screen potential clients. The hesitancy from potential TOB clients is warranted IMHO since seeing established providers (i.e. those with reviews) is a way to ensure the provider is legit and also to see what's on the menu since we're not allowed to ask in advance.

It's your call as to whether you want to expand your client base or are content with keeping it low profile. It seems to me that your participation here is a tell that you'd like to explore all options available and are curious as to how TOB can help you to possibly have a few more Regulars or maybe have a little fun in the process.

I believe you might be write... I'm on ECCIE.... now I'm hoping that helps...

2 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

...It's your call as to whether you want to expand your client base or are content with keeping it low profile. It seems to me that your participation here is a tell that you'd like to explore all options available and are curious as to how TOB can help you to possibly have a few more Regulars or maybe have a little fun in the process.

Unlike inkspot, ladies who don't allow or have no reviews isn't a deal-killer for me, because there's usually others ways to find out the legitimacy of the provider.  As for staying UTR, this is totally up to you.  Participating on TOB, ECCIE, Twitter, chat rooms and other sites help ease gents minds that you are legit, show a playful disposition and that you want to stay low-profile.  Nothing in the world wrong with this to me!

If reviews are something you decide you don't like it can be a pain in the ass to undo it. Providers who don't allow reviews are becoming more and more common. There are lots of ways we can legitimize ourselves without reviews, personal websites, choosing to advertise on sites that verify their providers before advertising, reviews or testimonials on our personal websites, maintaining a presence on boards like these or social media. There are lots of ways. It should be said that even though so many participate it is by no means an obligation to allow reviews to be legit.

There will always be the guys the look for reviews specifically and if none are found they will pass on that provider. But those who choose not to allow reviews aren't looking for that type of client normally. So that's the trade-off. There is currently no lack of reviews for those guys who prefer them and there are still plenty left that will see you without them.

11 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

there are still plenty left that will see you without them.

I suspect not, given the concern the OP seems to have about the issue.

There have been many, many posts on this forum saying "only see well reviewed and reputable providers".  This is good advice.  This is how we guys avoid getting ripped off, or worse.

Yes, there are guys who will see providers without reviews.  My belief is that it's less than half the potential client pool.

At the end of the day -- it certainly is the OP's right to stay "UTR" -- just know that this shrinks the aforementioned client pool.

12 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

If reviews are something you decide you don't like it can be a pain in the ass to undo it. Providers who don't allow reviews are becoming more and more common. There are lots of ways we can legitimize ourselves without reviews, personal websites, choosing to advertise on sites that verify their providers before advertising, reviews or testimonials on our personal websites, maintaining a presence on boards like these or social media. There are lots of ways. It should be said that even though so many participate it is by no means an obligation to allow reviews to be legit.

There will always be the guys the look for reviews specifically and if none are found they will pass on that provider. But those who choose not to allow reviews aren't looking for that type of client normally. So that's the trade-off. There is currently no lack of reviews for those guys who prefer them and there are still plenty left that will see you without them.

Excellent points, Lucy. As I understood it, her dilemma was that potential TOB clients were hesitant to schedule due to her having no posted reviews here. If she links her website or any posted ads to her TOB profile, I'm sure this would be an option for some of the clients to which she's speaking that are being so skittish.

39 minutes ago, MAG said:

There have been many, many posts on this forum saying "only see well reviewed and reputable providers".  This is good advice.  This is how we guys avoid getting ripped off, or worse.

Yes, there are guys who will see providers without reviews.  My belief is that it's less than half the potential client pool.

At the end of the day -- it certainly is the OP's right to stay "UTR" -- just know that this shrinks the aforementioned client pool.

It can be to a point, but not quite true. I have at least 5 calls daily that never knew I had reviews...they called because they constantly saw my ad regularly up.

I hear so many reasons as to why a client chose to see me. Reviews are maybe 40% of the reason so that isn't a major factor.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

4 hours ago, crazyb said:

As Jagcs said,   I think it more to see if you offer what I am looking for.

There are a few girls on this site that wont prebook and for me that is a requirement, being self employed I have to schedule my time.

Then there is always the question of is the provider strictly 3G. cause that does not interest me either

I request pre booking.... just a FYI

1 hour ago, MrBigShot said:

Excellent points, Lucy. As I understood it, her dilemma was that potential TOB clients were hesitant to schedule due to her having no posted reviews here. If she links her website or any posted ads to her TOB profile, I'm sure this would be an option for some of the clients to which she's speaking that are being so skittish.

I have linked my personal site..

1 hour ago, MrBigShot said:

The answer is still kind of the same, do you want the guys that are reviews only? If it's not the clientele you want then no worries but if you feel your missing some business because you're not reviewed then you're really not. If you want the business you think you're missing allow reviews but know that it's hard to undo once done.

1 hour ago, SultryKitten said:

It can be to a point, but not quite true. I have at least 5 calls daily that never knew I had reviews...they called because they constantly saw my ad regularly up.

I hear so many reasons as to why a client chose to see me. Reviews are maybe 40% of the reason so that isn't a major factor.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Great reviews are why the guys from TOB call me, my personal website linked in my BP ad are where I make all my money and get more traffic.

1 hour ago, MAG said:

I can tell you as a provider it's just not true. Reviews only help those that are aware that reviews exist. And as frequent BP advertiser the majority of clients have no idea that this site even exists. They only find it when they're told or they find a link on a providers site. The amount of reviews from and about unknowns on BP is proof enough.

Reviews have never and will never promise anything about getting ripped off or worse.  To make definitive statements like "only see these types" isn't good advice it's paranoid advice that ignores logic. Do your research before you pull the trigger is the better advice. If you only see ladies with reviews then ladies who are new will never have a chance. If you're pro-reviews it seems odd that you would encourage only seeing well reviewed girls. It works against it being a continuous thing, you only see well reviewed ladies the well will dry up fast.

3 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

If you're pro-reviews it seems odd that you would encourage only seeing well reviewed girls. It works against it being a continuous thing, you only see well reviewed ladies the well will dry up fast.

As someone else on this thread stated (correctly), there are always guys who will see non-reviewed providers.  This keeps the "well" from drying up.  Some guys choose to only see well-reviewed providers.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Great reviews are why the guys from TOB call me, my personal website linked in my BP ad are where I make all my money and get more traffic.

I have seen it both ways. For 3 years, I didn't have one review and stayed busy. Now that I have some, it is just as stable, but also brings in clients that choose to see(as MAG said) only reviewed providers.

I do think it depends on how much you work, and how you present yourself that helps. Exposure in any manner helps.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

4 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

I have seen it both ways. For 3 years, I didn't have one review and stayed busy. Now that I have some, it is just as stable, but also brings in clients that choose to see(as MAG said) only reviewed providers.

I do think it depends on how much you work, and how you present yourself that helps. Exposure in any manner helps.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I'm leery of any provider w/o reviews and prefer to see established, well reviewed providers. Just my preference not a condemnation of those providers w/o reviews at all. I wish them well. Just too risky for me to chance it anymore with the current climate out there.

I have made exceptions on advice from a provider I've seen before to see a provider without reviews but this has been only on rare occasions. 

Reviews can be a double edged sword. The can be a form of advertising if they are good, for the provider. The client can see if the activities are what he is seeking while  in the lady's company. It avoids disappointment on both parts. 

The client and the lady should set the boundaries at the start of the session and reviews should be truthful and in good taste.

P411 has profiles for both which give an indication of provider services, the clients profile also has things that are important to him.

One in a while you go on just gut feel.

My 2 cents on the subject.

Edited by wglide2003

1 hour ago, MAG said:

As someone else on this thread stated (correctly), there are always guys who will see non-reviewed providers.  This keeps the "well" from drying up.  Some guys choose to only see well-reviewed providers.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Nothing at all.

I'm not gonna argue with you. no there is nothing wrong with what anyone one said and if you agree with this, which you didn't earlier why do you say things like only see well reviewed providers? Simply pointing out that logic is flawed and not good advice. If we went by your "good advice" then what I said would be true.

Bella,

I've wanted to set something up with you, but there is little informaton out there about what kind of person you are in a session.  You mentioned you're on Eccie but really there is nothing there and you have only recently signed on to Eccie.  I inquired of you about your protocol for setting appointments.  You responded saying you needed my name.  I would say that if you joined P411 you would feel more secure about booking appointments.  I am not sure how providing my real name would enhance your safety as opposed to having the ability to review potential clients through the P411 system.  How would you feel about providing your real name in exchange for mine?