TRB Bust: 12 More Men Face Felony Charges for Posting to Seattle Web Forum

14 posts in this topic

Couple of things first...Great media outlet! Second, great article!

Third, The review boards are fiction. They can't prove anything. Freedom of speech case. These guys made pleas???!!! Ok, ok, to make things quiet and not ruin their name. They didn't get busted for solicitation, but for "writing" fiction. Shall we start prosecuting people for writing to penthouse too. Ridiculous. How'd they find out who these guys were? IP addresses? I'm sure there's a violation there.  

Guys&gals, please KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND ASK FOR YOUR ATTORNEY! They'd have a tough time proving you did anything. They're really reaching now. Ooooo you typed something on line, you committed a crime. No, no, no! 

The sad part, Melissa, is providers and clients fall for cops' "interrogations" all the time instead of practicing their rights. People truly believe that they will negotiate deals, and that isn't what they do. Just sad that they are grasping at straws by maintaining a board to shut down, or control(as I see it) one of the oldest professions that exist.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Great article! Thank you for sharing Nikki!! I have visited Seattle during my monthly "travels". Great city!! So these guys were arrested for "writing" about a fictional experience? A.R. Torre, E.L. James, and all other erotic authors better watch out! I mean...really? If we are going to arrest someone and take away their fundamental right to freedom...let's go after some real criminals! What happened to the ladies the cops visited...We're they arrested also? 

1 hour ago, Alexa Rayne said:

... What happened to the ladies the cops visited...We're they arrested also? 

As I recall, they were offered "victim status"

(sarcasm) Obviously they were trafficked by this criminal enterprise.(/s)

I'm going to law school for environmental law....thinking I'm gonna do a little criminal law as well. Then I'll come back to tob and offer advice and discounted fees. 

Decriminalization is the only answer. My body, my choice. Works for abortion, why not here. 

Law Enforcement lies more than Used Car Salesmen when arresting and/or interrogating someone. The quintessentail "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"

3 hours ago, Wendy Whitney said:

Law Enforcement lies more than Used Car Salesmen when arresting and/or interrogating someone. The quintessentail "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"

Yep which is why the following is what you say...

Cop: do you have any idea how much trouble you're in? You'll lose your job, your wife will find out this will ruin you.

You: I want to speak to my attorney! 

If the cop continues...

I WANT TO SPEAK TO MY ATTORNEY! 

With something like this, it's clearly a scare tactics and they can't do shit. It's their job to scare you into admitting something and they will do it if you let them. ZIP IT! Say zip, zilch, nada!

This really bothers me for obvious reasons. If they where not guilty of anything they should have fought it in court, because now they will have charges no matter what.

I have friend old friend that used to be a police officer.  He used to tell me how they pressured people into incriminating themselves all the time.  He told me if these people just kept their mouth shut and for a lawyer, they wouldn't charge them.  He used to brag about how people are so stupid. 

4 hours ago, valconxen said:

He told me if these people just kept their mouth shut and for a lawyer, they wouldn't charge them.  He used to brag about how people are so stupid. 

You know what aggravates me? It's watching those true crime shows where the police have the suspect or suspects in the room playing god cop bad cop...ect.ect? It's all I can do but not scream at the tv "SHUT THE FUCK UP" how stupid can you be. I have one word and one word only I would say...LAWYER! Period, end of statement. You have the right to remain silent....USE IT!

Edited by Running with Scissors
Clarification

There is some truth missing from this article. These particular gentleman are busted for just writing reviews but the article seems to imply that it was only online interactions that led to all the arrests. It didn't mention the men that actually had a group and met in person to discuss women and TRB. It ignores that SWOP Seattle silenced their community for pointing out problems and flaws with the site. The taking down of TRB wasn't like taking down BP or something similar. TRB was a very exclusive site, their users weren't kind and it seems the owner wasn't really either.

Elizabeth Nolan Brown is a great journalist and she has some great sources such as Mistress Matisse, Maggie McNeil and Savannah Sly. All great sex work advocates but also all three were members of TRB. From the outside it's easy to condemn what the police did to that site, but I think we also know from being on the inside that things don't always go down as reported. The long gone discussions on TNA were enlightening to say the least. The sentiment at the time from TNA users was definitely not what we see here, the passionate anger for arrests for just writing reviews.

There are two very popular sites used in Seattle, TRB and TNA. Both had reviews both had ads but only one was targeted. I personally believe there were reasons for that and very possibly valid reasons. Anyone who read this article without previously being familiar with what happened is getting a diluted version. I wholeheartedly agree that being arrested for simply writing reviews is crap but I think TRB is just a bad example to use because the story is so convoluted.