gr8owl

KIK

8 posts in this topic

I know more or less what it is only from google search, but have seen a recent intriguing ad where only communication methods listed are email and KIK id. Anyone using, familiar with, thoughts relative to its use in this community, advantages if any etc?? On surface seems like could be pretty slick, but ....... ??

Not familiar with kik but if it's a end to end encryption messaging app that would be a good way to go to secure your communications. I know whatsapp is used quite frequently by providers overseas. May be the wave of the future as long as it allows you to remain anonymous But with most free apps the money is in you meta data so you are not truly anonymous. 

If the ads being referenced are same/similar to the ones I've seen, probably just a variation of the old "sign up for [Ashley Madison, my webcam,etc] to prove you're real, and then we can hook up after" scams: chatbot that will autoreply.

From a legit client/provider transaction, interesting in that encrypted and anonymous, but probably pointless in that client would want some reviews to know she's legit, provider will want references, handle from a board, etc. There will be plenty of info swap, just that now all/bulk of the deal making is (maybe) relatively securely (who knows what reach three-letter agencies might have in KIK and ilk).

I think that maybe they are using KIK because that it doesn't require your phone number to use it. So it's a good way to text/sms with someone by sharing only your KIK id and not your phone number like in normal texting, WhatsApp or Viber.

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I know more or less what it is only from google search, but have seen a recent intriguing ad where only communication methods listed are email and KIK id. Anyone using, familiar with, thoughts relative to its use in this community, advantages if any etc?? On surface seems like could be pretty slick, but ....... ??

Y'all got too much fuckin time on your hands, who cares?

Love KIK, but don't use it because it is a battery killer. It is awesome in making groups and talking to people about whatever.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Edited by SultryKitten

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

Y'all got too much fuckin time on your hands, who cares?

Gee Mr. Dude, sorry to rile you right before your bedtime an all.  You just stick to fishin with yer spear and typin out post cards to mail to the ladies askin em to send ya some polaroids so you know whether to saddle up and ride down to the saloon to see them. But if it is all the same to you I think i will try to keep up with technology so i can communicate in whatever medium or way the ladies would prefer - the ones  I would like to see especially.   But hope you can relax, have a good night and sleep well.  Just do remember to blow out the candle.

3 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

If the ads being referenced are same/similar to the ones I've seen, probably just a variation of the old "sign up for [Ashley Madison, my webcam,etc] to prove you're real, and then we can hook up after" scams: chatbot that will autoreply.  I am familiar with the ones you refer to, but this one is different.  Not sure if legit yet, but working on.  Did not want to make it a question about the lady but rather about the app.

From a legit client/provider transaction, interesting in that encrypted and anonymous, but probably pointless in that client would want some reviews to know she's legit, provider will want references, handle from a board, etc. There will be plenty of info swap, just that now all/bulk of the deal making is (maybe) relatively securely (who knows what reach three-letter agencies might have in KIK and ilk).

How I communicate with  a lady does not have anything to do with whether I give her references, tell her my handle, etc. or my name for that matter nor whether she does have reviews or not.  (Besides I have been known on several occasions to see ladies with no or very few reviews with very good success after enough research and a little gut feel check .)  All I am interested in is whether it is a useful technology that makes the process faster or easier, and wanting to get "up to speed" if it happens to be a rising trend.  Just hoping some here have actually used it and are willing to share their experience and impression. (thank you Samantha for very helpful answer!!)