Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Backpage executives beat pimping charges

21 posts in this topic

If it wasn't for people like him and others who put themselves in jeopardy we would not be able to post our advertisements. Thank you. 

They need to legalize prostitution. And stop the bullying and bullshit, and start going after people who are truly doing harm. 

https://www.google.com/amp/arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/12/backpage-executives-beat-pimping-charges-case-dismissed/%3Famp%3D1?client=safari

23 minutes ago, Nikki Holiday said:

If it wasn't for people like him and others who put themselves in jeopardy we would not be able to post our advertisements. Thank you. 

They need to legalize prostitution. And stop the bullying and bullshit, and start going after people who are truly doing harm. 

https://www.google.com/amp/arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/12/backpage-executives-beat-pimping-charges-case-dismissed/%3Famp%3D1?client=safari

I'm with you on this Nikki. I mean really, where's the crime in 2 people enjoying each other's company. So what if the guy leaves a parting gift as a thank you, it's his to part with, right?

Imagine how many tax dollars are wasted on this bull shit hurassment!

I hope Trump ends the fed! & makes America great for everyone including sex workers with full decriminalization so we can work independently

& not have to work in a Nevada brothel for a mob pimp if we want to work legally! 

Oh yeah, lets all count on Trump to suddenly, after 70 years of exploiting women, working people, investors, little old ladies, pension funds, etc., suddenly turning into a wonderful person and solving all of our problems and addressing all of our concerns.  Just look at all of the people he has appointed who have also spent a lifetime working for people like us.

I am waiting for my free Unicorn herd too, oh Father Trump, hear my prayer.

16 minutes ago, Badboy said:

Oh yeah, lets all count on Trump to suddenly, after 70 years of exploiting women, working people, investors, little old ladies, pension funds, etc., suddenly turning into a wonderful person and solving all of our problems and addressing all of our concerns.  Just look at all of the people he has appointed who have also spent a lifetime working for people like us.

If Trump were to decriminalize prostitution, why that would be unpresidented.

5 hours ago, Badboy said:

i agree with you 100%.  Only way Trump would legalize prostitution is if he making money off of it.  He is the biggest self serving jackass.  If anything it will be worse for us since he is nominating jeff sessions for attorney general.  That guy is the one worse person I would want as AG.

Its become personal now. If they suceeed there will be a new backpage just a different name. Once backpage is gone who is next?

The advantages CL & BP had were their open market place for other goods & services and their national presence. I don't see a third vendor being able to garner enough market share in these areas to be sustainable.  Sure, someone like TOB may step in to serve the erotic market, but without the name recognition. And as soon as they do, DAs will start playing wack-a-mole. 

LE will keep trying until they get something that sticks. If they can't nail them with criminal charges, they'll gang up & take them to civil court, beginning the whole process all over, just like they did to CraigsList.  Eventually the AGs will chew up enough of the stock holders' money, while spending the taxpayers' money to do it, that BP will fold the way CL did. The AGs have infinite deep pockets, yours & mine.

I wish the AGs would take a page from the Dutch book The rational for their Red Light districts, as explained by any tour guide, is to keep  the trade in the light, thus reducing trafficking which flourishes in the shadows. 

1 minute ago, Bit Banger said:

LE will keep trying until they get something that sticks. If they can't nail them with criminal charges, they'll gang up & take them to civil court, beginning the whole process all over, just like they did to CraigsList.  Eventually the AGs will chew up enough of the stock holders' money, while spending the taxpayers' money to do it, that BP will fold the way CL did. The AGs have infinite deep pockets, yours & mine.

I wish the AGs would take a page from the Dutch book The rational for their Red Light districts, as explained by any tour guide, is to keep  the trade in the light, thus reducing trafficking which flourishes in the shadows. 

Kamala Harris is relentless, I think she wants something more than just AG and this is going to be her platform.

I do wonder what they know and I do wonder if some of things that BP has done to circumvent the credit card fiasco have been truly on the level. Say they were to create a sister site something that looked the same and worked the same but was void of adult activities so you can take all credit cards. But then magically anything you pay for there automatically shows up in your BP account. Is that legit? Is that money laundering? Racketeering? Don't get me wrong I appreciate the efforts that BP made but that doesn't seem kosher.

I don't think BP will buckle like CL, their cash flow is much larger. I am guessing they are making more money than ever with their current rates.

Kamala Harris is a lame duck; she will be taking over Barbara Boxer's seat in the US Senate come January. 

One of the differences between CL & BP is ownership; BP belongs to a Dutch holding company, though one of the founders is still CEO. he's one of those brought up on charges.  If you can't nab the company, go after the principles  

Edited by Bit Banger

On 12/13/2016 at 11:49 AM, H2Opieluver said:

I'm with you on this Nikki. I mean really, where's the crime in 2 people enjoying each other's company. So what if the guy leaves a parting gift as a thank you, it's his to part with, right?

There is no crime. They need to stop this shit and go find REAL CRIMINALS leave us alone. 

3 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Kamala Harris is relentless, I think she wants something more than just AG and this is going to be her platform.

I do wonder what they know and I do wonder if some of things that BP has done to circumvent the credit card fiasco have been truly on the level. Say they were to create a sister site something that looked the same and worked the same but was void of adult activities so you can take all credit cards. But then magically anything you pay for there automatically shows up in your BP account. Is that legit? Is that money laundering? Racketeering? Don't get me wrong I appreciate the efforts that BP made but that doesn't seem kosher.

I don't think BP will buckle like CL, their cash flow is much larger. I am guessing they are making more money than ever with their current rates.

It is only laundering or racketeering if one is covering an illegal activity by running the money through a legal one. Like say paying Lefty's Plumbing and Heating for a furnace inspection that is never happening and getting a free pass and hour at Lefty's brothel out back. There is nothing illegal with buying the furnace inspection and get a free ticket to Lefty's movie theatre. There is nothing illegal about placing an ad and using a credit card. The card companies were simply bullied into not allowing payments to BP. (That bullying is what SHOULD be illegal) Harris is just a super ambitious c**t that is using this as her signature issue to wrangle a committee appointment and gain more political power and influence. If BP has the wherewithal to stand firm her bullshit case will fall flat. But she can still claim she bravely fought the good fight!!! Politics at its worst.

Cook County, IL, Sheriff Dart got handed his lunch by the judge for intimidating Visa & Master Card, but I never heard that they (card companies) restarted serving BP. 

If you look at the AG vs. BP suits (WA, TN, & NJ), the AGs tended to owe BP $200K for legal fees at the end of the day. I suspect that's one reason CA went after the principles instead of the company. 

I hope BP dies! They charge me for advertising more than any other site combined that I am on, and I can barely write anything in my ads unlike all the others. These dudes make upwards of $50 mill, and allow people to vote off your ads that you spent your hard earned money putting up, and they don't help when you ask why so you have to pay more just because you have stupid, jealous broads that try to delete(what they feel)is  their "competition". If I wanted to deal with high school, I wouldn't have graduated! Done with the games! Get 'em Cali!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

17 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

It is only laundering or racketeering if one is covering an illegal activity by running the money through a legal one. Like say paying Lefty's Plumbing and Heating for a furnace inspection that is never happening and getting a free pass and hour at Lefty's brothel out back. There is nothing illegal with buying the furnace inspection and get a free ticket to Lefty's movie theatre. There is nothing illegal about placing an ad and using a credit card. The card companies were simply bullied into not allowing payments to BP. (That bullying is what SHOULD be illegal) Harris is just a super ambitious c**t that is using this as her signature issue to wrangle a committee appointment and gain more political power and influence. If BP has the wherewithal to stand firm her bullshit case will fall flat. But she can still claim she bravely fought the good fight!!! Politics at its worst.

Well that's why I ask I am really not sure. No its not illegal entirely but they are using deception to take money. Is that not criminal?

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Cook County, IL, Sheriff Dart got handed his lunch by the judge for intimidating Visa & Master Card, but I never heard that they (card companies) restarted serving BP. 

If you look at the AG vs. BP suits (WA, TN, & NJ), the AGs tended to owe BP $200K for legal fees at the end of the day. I suspect that's one reason CA went after the principles instead of the company. 

Because they didn't. BP started a secret site with no adult services