Laci French

What are your Christmas traditions?

11 posts in this topic

December is so magical and leading up to Christmas my family has so many traditions.  What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?  

I wish everyone a blessed and special holiday. Make memories and enjoy every moment.

It has always been a tradition with our family to help a family in need every Christmas. We think this is the spirit of Christmas... to share and give of ourselves to others. This year we have especially thought of Toys For Tots. 🙏

I love that. You're so kind and such a beautiful soul. 

We always donate Toys for Tots and the Rescue Mission.  We used to go out looking g at Christmas lights..everyone us too old and doesn't want to go.  Still try to spend the day with family.

I donate toys, clothes, money, time, etc. I also get a bunch of hot chocolate and drive around to look at Christmas lights!

Bake a ton of cookies, give them away; cioppino parties; we take turns opening presents; go fresh or go home; 300 yr old family ornaments; Gregorian chants. 

Thanks for the topic 

We have gotten our family involved in collecting food toys clothing and working with the Salvation Army to locate and help families in need. We feel that our family needs  to be aware that the privilege in life they have needs to be shared with those that have not been so lucky in life. 

We try to see that our family learns that by sharing our time and assets with others less fortunate we make our own blessings that much more valuable. We try to see that we do as much as possible to help those in need not just at the holiday season but throughout the year. It helps to keep in perspective how lucky we are to be able to share with others at but for the grace of god could be ourselves. 

To all we wish everyone the happiest healthiest and joyful holiday. 

Usually, my family gets together and makes every family favorite dish you can imagine and then sings, jokes around, and  play games. This year is a bit different as we suffered two deaths,  got together to support earlier than expected, and we found a diet that is making us curvaceous creatures losing weight while still enjoying the foods we love so we were discussing recipes and ways to make ourselves healthier. Also, we are all vets and we donate like crazy to local charities and make meals, drop off food and such so we were all discussing ideas on ways to help. I also go and do community service at a nursing home because a lot of those people don't have family that show up around Christmas to remind them that they are still important and loved.  Lots of ways to give during the holidays. Hug up your loved ones! Time is fleeting!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

My aunt makes fruit soup lots of Scadinavan, Mexican, as well as Korean traditions, (my family)plus l do angel tree. 

What about you Laci? What are your traditions?