Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Member Moderation

10 posts in this topic

With all the piss and vinegar I see on this site sometimes, it's a turn off.

Why not let the person that starts a thread be allowed to moderate/delete any replies they deem useless and the moderators we currently have can catch anything left that they deem unruly?  That way there's less vinegar for the rest of us to read.

10 hours ago, Freedom1 said:

With all the piss and vinegar I see on this site sometimes, it's a turn off.

Why not let the person that starts a thread be allowed to moderate/delete any replies they deem useless and the moderators we currently have can catch anything left that they deem unruly?  That way there's less vinegar for the rest of us to read.

#1 The nature of a forum is to discuss and debate ideas

#2 Because the thread creator would not be unbiased

This is the Suggestions and Recommendations section is it not?

How often are threads closed by moderators due to people throwing their egos all over it?

If the nature of a forum is to discuss and debate then using that reasoning the moderators should Never close a thread.

Some people here have no intention of debate or discussion,
they simply get off
on seeing how they can derail a thread
by throwing their shit all over it.
Yes I can almost hear them getting off as they stare at their shit painting.

And then the moderators close the thread but do not clean off the shit!
THATS what causes the a holes to continue their BS.  

If I came over to your home and shit on your lawn, calling it free speech,
and then the police/moderators tell you you are not allowed to clean it off
how would you feel???

Instead of just closing a thread
how about deleting the comments that were made that caused it to be closed?

otherwise you are just allowing the shit artists a forum
to increase their gallery off shitty art.

It has been my observation that threads are closed because they have drifted from the OP to personal attacks. I would rather see these comments left intact so that others can see who said what to whom. 

@Freedom1

As someone who has had many posts deleted over the years(including several just recently), I can tell you: your suggestion to only delete the offending material is usually how they handle these situations.

There are times however, when the decision is made to leave the stuff up; ostensibly so that the participants can be seen for the tools they are acting like.

Is one way better than the other? Personally, I'm ambivalent. Some of my best work is when I'm taking off on somebody, but it usually is off topic and/or doesn't really add to the overall conversation.

Bottom line: it seems to be up to the Mod(s) that see it first; but it has been my experience that, with very few exceptions, they are generally right on track with their actions.

This should be an open forum for ideas. All ideas. Not just ones that are sunshine and buttercups and rainbows.

Vitriol is a bi-product of an honest exchange of ideas where people may have disagreement. This site is rather vanilla when it comes to hurling insults and personal attacks compared to other mediums for expression.

Mods step in where they feel necessary has been the status quo. Perhaps step in upon request from the OP if topic has drifted into vicious attacks?

Just my 2 cents

If you are a student of the English language, there are ways to get your point across w/o descending to foul mouthed, personal attacks. One of the things I like about this board is that the Mods keep a lid on that sort of thing. We can discuss the merits of our arguments as adults, w/o resorting to school yard name calling.

Attack the message, not the messenger. 

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

If you are a student of the English language, there are ways to get your point across w/o descending to foul mouthed, personal attacks. One of the things I like about this board is that the Mods keep a lid on that sort of thing. We can discuss the merits of our arguments as adults, w/o resorting to school yard name calling.

Attack the message, not the messenger. 

excited applause clapping approve

What the rules I must follow to be able write a post/topic without waiting approval?

2 hours ago, Alex said:

What the rules I must follow to be able write a post/topic without waiting approval?

• You  must  have a---> "Prodigious understanding of TOB principles"......