Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ywngwti

Providers changing their names

8 posts in this topic

I can definitely see why providers use professional names rather than their own names (privacy, separation of personal and professional life, safety, etc.). But what are the common reasons providers change from one professional name to a different one? If a provider has recently changed their name a time or two, is that an indication of a potential problem?

(By the way - just want to say how great I think this site, and this community are! These days it seems rare to see so much helpful dialog with so little nastiness.)

1 hour ago, ywngwti said:

If a provider has recently changed their name a time or two, is that an indication of a potential problem?  YES

(By the way - just want to say how great I think this site, and this community are! These days it seems rare to see so much helpful dialog with so little nastiness.)

You really HAVEN'T been here long, have you?  ;)

A name change could a sign of a potential problem but I wouldn't make that assumption without a little more research. I know that a few have changed names and contact info because they had a bad reputation. 

I have seen several ladies that changed their identity and have not had any issues. I never asked why because it's not my business but I'm sure there are plenty of legit reasons to do so. I just do a little extra homework in these cases.

The only time a name change might concern me is if she changed it to Tom, Dick and or Harry.

Sometimes they change their names due to poor reviews or reputations. Other times, it may be due to a problem client or back of the scenes drama with another provider, thus the name change to prevent further harassment. Hard as it may be to believe, there are problem clients out there, i.e. stalkers, etc. If you do question a name change, I may wait until she gets a couple of reviews  under the new name b4 I'd see her. The exception being is if she had nothing but positive reviews prior to the change, then that usually means there are other issues prompting the change.

2 minutes ago, amcbl1 said:

Sometimes they change their names due to poor reviews or reputations. Other times, it may be due to a problem client or back of the scenes drama with another provider, thus the name change to prevent further harassment. Hard as it may be to believe, there are problem clients out there, i.e. stalkers, etc. If you do question a name change, I may wait until she gets a couple of reviews  under the new name b4 I'd see her. The exception being is if she had nothing but positive reviews prior to the change, then that usually means there are other issues prompting the change.

This ^^^

Also, a provider may change her name to avoid confusion with another provider.  Even well-reviewed & well-known providers do this, especially if they take a hiatus and then return to the biz & find another provider using the same or a similar name. 

3 minutes ago, MAG said:

This ^^^

Also, a provider may change her name to avoid confusion with another provider.  Even well-reviewed & well-known providers do this, especially if they take a hiatus and then return to the biz & find another provider using the same or a similar name. 

True, how Amber's, Ashley's, Tiffany's, have we seen on these boards? Not disparaging any of these ladies but it can lead to confusion for the hobbyists especially if one provider with the same name has an extremely positive reputation and another not quite so stellar.

I've seen 3 main reasons for name changes: just feel like it (which includes other providers using something similar), trouble with clients/LE/similar, or trying to hide bad news about her others have found out. 

The third is the big one to watch out for and worry about. That's why on the 411 side we're checking pics and numbers and such because there are plenty of scammers and crap to stay away from. Offhand there was a Katie Creme or something I think was the biggest name I've seen of switching names and numbers and still scamming people (or ALL of the Denver Ladies ads on BP). 

I've seen a few just up and change their name, not hiding anything at all in the process, sometimes even getting reviews moved with her name. It's a stage name, no worries.

The middle one is difficult to navigate and you can see why, so nothing to say on it.

But pick your reason and know what you need to look out for!