Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just Jos

''Tis the Season!

14 posts in this topic

That is very thoughtful of you. I was downtown last weekend, and had a difficult time passing the HUGE crowd of obviously homeless folks. It is so sad, and humbles me. I would love to contribute. How would you like to collect these donations?

You are the best Audrey! I'd be delighted to meet w you at anytime to collect. (Pm me when ready) I have no issues meeting the women for donations. I'm a little more Leary about meeting up w the gentleman unless I've seen you before-- but don't want to miss out on any donations on account of that. Any ideas of how I can actually make that work? Or perhaps I am being ridiculous, after all, a sneak peak could help business 😂😂

bawhahahahaha. 

Thabks for wanting to help girl! I appreciate the "thumbs up" from a few but I'm not doing it for that. We can do this people!! :-) 

Maybe we can do a meet and greet! Any ladies willing to help collect items can meet up, wear Santa hats, and come together collectively. I have an idea on a spot. I'll PM you. 

Xoxo

@Just Jos @Audrey Astor @Alexa Rayne  We can set up drop boxes at our incalls for our clients who want to donate. And maybe we can find someone to be a designated drop off?

I love this idea Jos! Maybe if we get the donations in time we can actually put together little holiday packages so everyone has a gift to open for the holidays. You're making me cry early in the morning Jos not just because you had a great idea but because I know you mean it and you have the best intentions.

We could donate to a charity or we could (if you're up for it) head down to "island" or what's left of it and hand out packages ourselves.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

@Just Jos @Audrey Astor @Alexa Rayne  We can set up drop boxes at our incalls for our clients who want to donate. And maybe we can find someone to be a designated drop off?

I love this idea Jos! Maybe if we get the donations in time we can actually put together little holiday packages so everyone has a gift to open for the holidays. You're making me cry early in the morning Jos not just because you had a great idea but because I know you mean it and you have the best intentions.

We could donate to a charity or we could (if you're up for it) head down to "island" or what's left of it and hand out packages ourselves.

I knew you'd be on board! I was definetly wanting to go down to the trenches for a hand to hand exchange.  I know we're all busy but we should try to get together to brainstorm asap? Or I could always send out an email and cc everyone who seems interested. I'd really like to get a coffee w you ladies to pick your brains though! 

#HookersForHumanity 💜

26 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

I knew you'd be on board! I was definetly wanting to go down to the trenches for a hand to hand exchange.  I know we're all busy but we should try to get together to brainstorm asap? Or I could always send out an email and cc everyone who seems interested. I'd really like to get a coffee w you ladies to pick your brains though! 

#HookersForHumanity 💜

So many ideas brewing! I'll PM you for your specific ideas.

I was thinking that a lot of these items are inexpensive and cash donations go a long way. $20 is a box of tampons, toothbrush, toothpaste, baby wipes, hand warmers and chapstick. If money was donated we could buy a lot of these items in bulk and we could help even more people. Or maybe those with Costo or Sam's Club memberships could consider making a bulk purchase donation.

I was going to sit down next week and figure up "Care packages" in ziploc bags for the homeless. I was thinking like gloves, a pair of underwear(m/f), socks, toothbrush/paste, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. It is going to be cold out there, and also these things are necessities for people that don't have the luxury to buy them. I see the homeless when I drive by them, and really want to hand these out. Also, I notice on the FREE side of CL people giving away free food. I will see if I can grab those, and we can donate them to shelters or give them to families we know are in need. Love you ladies' ideas! Let's GIVE, GIVE, GIVE!!!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Also, we might consider helping out our neighbor "ladies in the industry". Some do struggle to make ends meet, and I know groups that go and help them out, but I don't know if they consistently do it. December is a tough month!

20 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Hey compadres! It sure is getting cold outside, and I can't help but feel heartbroken for the thousands of homeless people living on the streets here in Denver. Tis the season of giving... Im gathering some items to give to the homeless, I'd like to distribute around the 20th of December. If anyone has anything to donate or can help in some way-- Please Reach out.  Im gathering things like: 

Snacks
Gloves
Socks
Scarfs
Hats
Tampons/pads
Pocket warmers
Baby wipes 
Ponchos 
Chapstick
Tissues
Soap 
Blankets 
Tooth brushes
Anything to help keep them warm. 

Also if there are any businesses you can think of that may want to donate -let me know.  Help me make a small difference simply by giving someone a blanket! 🙏💜 

Hey Jos,

Ponchos can be easy and quick to make that are cheap. Pinterest has a few patterns, and the right wool material can be affordable if we look in the right place.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

So many ideas brewing! I'll PM you for your specific ideas.

I was thinking that a lot of these items are inexpensive and cash donations go a long way. $20 is a box of tampons, toothbrush, toothpaste, baby wipes, hand warmers and chapstick. If money was donated we could buy a lot of these items in bulk and we could help even more people. Or maybe those with Costo or Sam's Club memberships could consider making a bulk purchase donation.

So many great ideas floating around already!! I have a cosco membership and a huge water jug 1/4 of the way full of change I've been saving for ever. Im guessing there's anywhere between 2-5 hundred I was planning on using towards this! 

A personal delivery would be so nice. Please do include me on the communications, and I am definitely up for accepting donations at my incall, and donating a portion of my income. I will update ads to reflect this. Just let me know what is needed and our target date. Yea!!!!

I've met at the firehouse on Spear and Colfax before(safe zone) when getting rid of the child hood crap from our family  garage..the guys there are really nice ;)  they even helped me unload all the stuff and wait for  the people that were there to collect, they even helped load it on their truck!! Such nice a$$. I mean guys. lol 

plus  a bonus is you get to peek at the eye candy and maybe get a ride on big red!! Loll. In all seriousness I love the idea, My job also has a few drop boxes for all or any employees to help out. Im glad to say they are getting fuller every day ;)