Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Undecided

18 posts in this topic

Had a so so experience with provider last week. I suspect it was mostly that chemistry thing that happens some times. Most of her reviews are pretty good, with a couple of SO-So comments. So I've never given a review that was not great, if not excellent. So one side of me wants to share, and the other side does not want to hurt the gal.

Looking for comments form both sides please.

My feeling would be that If she did nothing wrong during your time together why would you want to take a chance on injuring her reputation. Not everyone clicks together I've experienced it my self when I feel that we we're not a good fit I will take at least so of the responsibility on myself. Look at it as a first date that had no connection between the two of you move on to the next and hope for a better out come.

1 hour ago, Hawkerjock said:

...Most of her reviews are pretty good, with a couple of SO-So comments. So I've never given a review that was not great, if not excellent. So one side of me wants to share, and the other side does not want to hurt the gal.

No offense, but you, me or any one gent, carries that much weight in a review to hurt a lady's reputation unless it was a rip-off or rob.  You mentioned she had so-so reviews and you had a so-so time with her, so you would be relaying your experience.  By your other reviews, it sounds like you do your homework, but you two just didn't click, or click they way you thought.

I feel that if it was just the chemistry then no because that does sometimes happen, but it isn't either of you twos fault that it wasn't as great as you hoped it would be. Now if she wasn't doing her job to her potential, or stated no to something that is on her menu then yes so men are aware that they may not get what they hoped for.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

What has always bothered me about reviews is the concept that every session needs to be a 'knock your socks off' 10 (FANTASTIC), or a total rip off.  There's a reason we used to have an AVERAGE rating.  I will grant that when we do our research we should tend to have better experiences. I will also grant that this pool of talented YL tend to provide better experiences.  But the laws of statistics indicate that every so often one of us is going to have a so-so experience, for a whole host of reasons. 

Reviews should be an accurate account of the experience. As long as you are accurate in your assessment of the session without emotion or snark, that is all anyone can ask. If there's something the YL is in disagreement of the review, she has the option to rebuttal and her own explanation of what went down.

Just tell it like it is, please.

Just write an honest review of your encounter.  If you think it's a "chemistry thing", say so.  Your impression is as valid as anyone else's.

Edited by Paul Pudenda

11 hours ago, Paul Pudenda said:

Just write an honest review of your encounter.  If you think it's a "chemistry thing", say so.  Your impression is as valid as anyone else's.

But this is exactly why reviews are problematic. You quote chemistry like you don't believe it could be the problem. Reviews aren't supposed to be punitive they are supposed to be informative and helpful. Impressions are only semi-valid when it comes to reviews. Impressions can be totally false and hurtful. I get the impression that you like to masturbate with squirrels watching you, impressions really aren't all that valid.

2 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

But this is exactly why reviews are problematic. You quote chemistry like you don't believe it could be the problem. Reviews aren't supposed to be punitive they are supposed to be informative and helpful. Impressions are only semi-valid when it comes to reviews. Impressions can be totally false and hurtful. I get the impression that you like to masturbate with squirrels watching you, impressions really aren't all that valid.

I respectfully disagree that chemistry is an impression.

"Impression":  an idea, feeling, or opinion about something or someone, especially one formed without conscious thought or on the basis of little evidence

If a reviewer feels that the "chemistry" wasn't there after participating in the event, who are we to challenge that opinion. 

The OP is asking for advice (on a subject that I often wrestle with)

19 hours ago, Hawkerjock said:

Had a so so experience with provider last week. I suspect it was mostly that chemistry thing that happens some times. Most of her reviews are pretty good, with a couple of SO-So comments. So I've never given a review that was not great, if not excellent. So one side of me wants to share, and the other side does not want to hurt the gal.

IMHO the advice, to say its a "chemistry thing" if that was the case, was appropriate and would not be punitive or hurtful.  Because of the nature of this thing we do there is always the YMMV factor, people don't always click.  

12 minutes ago, ironman318 said:

I respectfully disagree that chemistry is an impression.

"Impression":  an idea, feeling, or opinion about something or someone, especially one formed without conscious thought or on the basis of little evidence

If a reviewer feels that the "chemistry" wasn't there after participating in the event, who are we to challenge that opinion. 

The OP is asking for advice (on a subject that I often wrestle with)

IMHO the advice, to say its a "chemistry thing" if that was the case, was appropriate and would not be punitive or hurtful.  Because of the nature of this thing we do there is always the YMMV factor, people don't always click.  

I'm not challenging the idea of chemistry. I think Paul was which is what prompted my statement. Not having chemistry is factual, impressions usually aren't. I questioned his use of quotations around chemistry. Which commonly means that someone is being sarcastic. 

10 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

. I get the impression that you like to masturbate with squirrels watching you, impressions really aren't all that valid.

spiderman.gif~c200

On 12/2/2016 at 8:15 AM, Lucy Kitten said:

Of course chemistry can be a problem.  People get along or they don't.  It's not good; it's not bad; it just is.  Impressions are subjective.  Reviews are subjective.  Life is subjective.  When I used the term "impression" it was meant to mean one's assessment of a meeting.  All of it is valid - and for some it will be irrelevant.  The quotation around "chemistry" was just that - a quotation.  You seem to have a propensity for jumping to conclusions.  

Edited by Paul Pudenda

If you sensed something coming back from her that seemed 'off' from most of her reviews, then you were probably experiencing a 'YMMV' issue and it can be reviewed as such. You can usually get a sense if she just didn't take to you or if she was just having an off day. Review it like it happened, but if you plan to go back, be very tactful how you put it. Speaking from experience.   

If I see a so-so review, I will first look to see if It is consistent with the pattern to her reviews. (No prior reviews - wait.). If not, I will see if it is consistent with his previous reviews. (No prior reviews - discard). Lastly I will attempt to discern specific reasons for the lackluster review and determine if they might be applicable to me on a future date. 

On 12/2/2016 at 8:15 AM, Lucy Kitten said:

Impressions are as valid as the reviewer and the subsequent readers deem it to be, not what other providers call "valid".

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:58 AM, Hawkerjock said:

Some of the ladies deserve reviews and some do not. I have on occasion not reviewed a lady because we just did not really have a good time together. If it was me or her could not really tell. Like yourself did not want to hurt her business, normally, sweet, kind and friendly just did not have a good time. To review or not to review, that is the question, I figure it is your dime and your time, do what you think is right for you.

It depends on why you even feel the need to review. I don't think every visit or every new gal needs one. Providers with few reviews need reviews so we can make a decision on visiting. Or if her experience drastically changed since earlier reviewers - either in activities, attitude, or something else significant. 

While I don't feel all the reviews need to be stellar or terrible, if she has plenty of reviews and it's up and down and you had an average experience, then I just pass on that. With the exception of sometimes on the other sites that require reviews to be in their club to read other reviews haha. But I probably don't review half or more of the girls that I see since their reviews tend to match what I read of them and nothing I experienced was really different enough to warrant attention.

25 minutes ago, ajot said:

It depends on why you even feel the need to review. I don't think every visit or every new gal needs one. Providers with few reviews need reviews so we can make a decision on visiting. Or if her experience drastically changed since earlier reviewers - either in activities, attitude, or something else significant. 

While I don't feel all the reviews need to be stellar or terrible, if she has plenty of reviews and it's up and down and you had an average experience, then I just pass on that. With the exception of sometimes on the other sites that require reviews to be in their club to read other reviews haha. But I probably don't review half or more of the girls that I see since their reviews tend to match what I read of them and nothing I experienced was really different enough to warrant attention.

The more information, the better our ability to make an informed decision.  Both good and bad.