stevie-2249

Reviews and price paid

42 posts in this topic

Sure do miss the price of admission in the reviews, at least we had an idea what it might be, helps with the decision making, to high or low instead of waiting for a text or call back from the lady.

Usually rates are in ads or p411. Discussing rates is a no no for me.

Hope this helps:D

Well not every lady is on p411, also guys won't have to discuss prices if they are in these fantasy reviews 

Without set donations in ads it does make for confusion. I would just go with free for the first 10 callers.;)

13 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

Well not every lady is on p411, also guys won't have to discuss prices if they are in these fantasy reviews 

OK, I'm trying hard not to be mean here, Stevie dude, but in seven years of sporting life, visiting well over 100 ladies, I have never been at a loss to determine the donation, and I have never had to ask in a text or over the phone.   It is always somewhere if you look.  If I really wanted to see a lady and just couldn't figure it out ahead of time, I would put $200 in my shirt pocket and another two $50s in my pants pocket and once I got there, ask politely, "what is the donation for one hour of your time and companionship?"  From that point you just pull it out and get to town.  Discussing it ahead of time is a real no-no and may be the reason that you had some of the negative experiences you mentioned in previous threads.

11 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Without set donations in ads it does make for confusion. I would just go with free for the first 10 callers.;)

Well, you are in just a joshing mood today, aren't you.

20 minutes ago, Laci French said:

That 11th fellow will be kicking himself for having fumble fingers on the iphone

55 minutes ago, Laci French said:

#11 just my luck :)

I personally request my clientele not to post a review. Discretion is very important to me. I have a great group that I see and we all enjoy the discretion from both sides👄Bella

Stevie has a point. Under the old system, I could peruse reviews and see what was actually paid. Actual hourly fee was often different than what was listed on a P411 profile.  The second advantage was when checking reviews under consenting activities, I could quickly eliminate providers that were not in my price range without having to read a profile, or follow up by reading their ad, or finally by contacting the provider if the rate was not posted.

Not knowing what a provider charges is not the point. Being able to read a review and quickly see the amount paid was a hugh convenience.

I liked seeing the amount paid feature in the old system. The mods have removed the amount paid feature for good reason.  Contact them directly if you must know.

4 hours ago, Badboy said:

OK, I'm trying hard not to be mean here, Stevie dude, but in seven years of sporting life, visiting well over 100 ladies, I have never been at a loss to determine the donation, and I have never had to ask in a text or over the phone.   It is always somewhere if you look.  If I really wanted to see a lady and just couldn't figure it out ahead of time, I would put $200 in my shirt pocket and another two $50s in my pants pocket and once I got there, ask politely, "what is the donation for one hour of your time and companionship?"  From that point you just pull it out and get to town.  Discussing it ahead of time is a real no-no and may be the reason that you had some of the negative experiences you mentioned in previous threads.

Your still talking about money so if she is LE your busted or she may not like that question and kicked you out.

Well we wouldn't even need this if providers had clear, consistent prices in their ads and/or P411. You'd think that would be a simple "minimum requirement" for posting an ad or P411, but sadly it's not.

I've been hobbying for a long time, and I honestly don't remember this being much of a problem until recently. A year ago or so I started noticing it, more and more providers seem to be playing some kind of game and not making rates publicly available and instead we get "inquire within" or "email me" and the like. Maybe there was a memo that went around saying it was a good marketing scheme to not make rates public and force the clients to hunt and ask for them. Possibly the thinking goes once a guy puts in the effort to inquire with them, they'll subconsciously be inclined to follow through no matter what the rates are, they think they're halfway to booking and it's too late to turn back now. For me personally, I won't bother with anyone that doesn't post rates or other important information, I don't have time to play those games and deal with that nonsense, but if there are more guys who fall into their traps than those like me who are put off by that stuff, I guess it's financially worthwhile.

IMHO the trend of rates missing from ads & reviews should be blamed on LE practices. Ads & reviews are used as evidence, or at least probable cause. It's the old "rates & services" in the same conversation element. 

I too find the lack of clarity regarding rates a frustrating trend.  It strikes me as superstitious thinking that this somehow insulates one from LE. Yes, I can usually find them if one looks, but why make it difficult? Rates for time and companionship shouldn't be akin to a scavenger hunt.  As for showing up with a wad of cash as a congtingency plan, ya, right.....  In my do diligence process, that's the second screen, not the last. 

13 hours ago, Badboy said:

Discussing it ahead of time is a real no no

"What are you charging for an hour of your time?"  When did this be one a taboo topic before hand, but a correct one after you've knocked on the door? And what do you do if she says $450, When you've got  $400 distributed  your pocket? Please enlighten the ignorant. 

Edited by Happymon

2 hours ago, Happymon said:

I too find the lack of clarity regarding rates a frustrating trend.  It strikes me as superstitious thinking that this somehow insulates one from LE. Yes, I can usually find them if one looks, but why make it difficult? Rates for time and companionship shouldn't be akin to a scavenger hunt.  As for showing up with a wad of cash as a congtingency plan, ya, right.....  In my do diligence process, that's the second screen, not the last. 

I would suspect that it is more for the longevity of the site's existence than anything else. P411 adopted a similar model by cutting out the menu items. Cut one or the other (price/services) maybe to protect the site through plausible deniability. Just speculation on my part.

What's a Sporting Gent to do other than show up to a session with a couple of extra Benjamins in his back pocket when it's taboo to ask the YL, rates aren't posted in ads anywhere, and are no longer included in reviews?

Yay! Another rate thread...It's been a few days anyway.

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

IMHO the trend of rates missing from ads & reviews should be blamed on LE practices. Ads & reviews are used as evidence, or at least probable cause. It's the old "rates & services" in the same conversation element. 

This about covers it. The only thing I would change is "attributed to" from "blamed on" LE practices.

I agree that while finding the rate can be occasionally difficult, it is much better practice to omit certain information than to make LE's job easier.

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Well if that's the reason - and I'm not saying you're wrong - it's utter nonsense. A provider has to communicate the price somehow unless she's giving the session for free. Once that communication happens, cops have that element of the "crime" in place. It would actually be much better for the prosecution to have that evidence in the form of an email or taped phone conversation; ads or P411 profiles or websites can be taken down or changed, an email or recorded phone call is tangible and forever. Hooker lawyerin' is even worse than hooker math, I think they're getting their legal advice from what they saw Lionel Hutz say on tv once.

30 minutes ago, Come Honor Face said:

... It would actually be much better for the prosecution to have that evidence in the form of an email or taped phone conversation; ads or P411 profiles or websites can be taken down or changed, an email or recorded phone call is tangible and forever. ...

Ever hear of a thing called "screen shots"?  You can change your website all you want, but a sworn date/time stamp on the screen shot will have more weight when presented to a (grand) jury. 

I get that folks may have a difficult time figuring out how much cash to bring. If I can't, my answer is to ask, "And your hourly rate is?" w/o ever mentioning services in the conversation. If she's reluctant to answer, move on. If I don't know what services she provides, I haven't done sufficient research to call for an appointment in the first place. If I desire special services, they can wait until we've established a rapport.

20 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Sure do miss the price of admission in the reviews, at least we had an idea what it might be, helps with the decision making, to high or low instead of waiting for a text or call back from the lady.

Been doing this for a long time probably to long. Have never had a issue with finding out a donation in advance and I have not had to ask the lady. Just a little advanced research has always provided me the info I needed. Sometimes you have to do your due diligence in finding the answers to your questions on your own. I agree with badboy having a little extra i the pocket is always a good idea..

This is not rocket surgery.  I have often encountered a lack of fee stated anywhere to be found or my "favorite" multiple different rates on multiple different sites.  I have never had the simple question " how much for an hour of your time" once it is clear I really do want to see lady I am communicating with fail to receive a prompt and clear answer.  Bottom line if I do not know before I arrive I will not be arriving. Period.

We try to never ask but if after doing my research I'm still unsure than I just Carry a little extra. You might find that spending time in a ladies company you wish to donate a little something to her collage fund or even a favorite charity of hers.

17 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

This is not rocket surgery. 

Rocket Surgery? Never heard that one before...

Doesn't this all go back to screening? I would imagine if LE wants ya they will find a way to get ya.

22 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Rocket Surgery? Never heard that one before...

Yep. It is a new major at Panhandle State University.

5 minutes ago, inkspot said:

Yep. It is a new major at Panhandle State University.

Rocket Surgery sounds like something that could be on the menu here. I'll ask my ATF if she's willing.

While OP makes a strong point, I've got to admit, I've never had a date where I didn't know the price before I knocked on the door.  I will usually confirm on phone or email prior to appointment.  If there are two different rates posted on two different sites, I will confirm the price from ________ ad site is correct.  I know ladies will run specials from time-to-time so that's why/when I want to confirm, she will honor said price.

Inkspot brings up a good point about services offered.  If she offers an hour at her rack rate but runs a special for an hour rack less $50, I would assume her specials price would include what she normally does in her hour rack rate.  Several ladies will say in their specials ad what they won't do if pricing changes.  I agree the argument snooping for rates can be tedious, but let's face it, TOB, P411, TER or BP is where we look.  If she's not advertising on one of these sites (to me), you are dealing with another set of issues besides prices.

I agree with the boards decision to remove rates from reviews.  With that said it does create a bit of dilemma.  Like most people I have a budget that I hobby within.  It is true that with a little, sometimes a lot, or research, you can usually get a pretty good idea of what rate a lady is likely to charge.  The problem with that is that in order for me to spend the time to find out the rates, I have to have a real interest in seeing a young lady.  It's no fun to get excited about seeing someone, reviewing photos, reading reviews, determining her location, etc., only later to find that her rates are out of my budget.  I also don't agree with the approach of bringing enough cash to cover an eventuality.  I got shook down (not in a violent way) some time ago for every dollar I had on me, and now have a policy of only carrying the amount of the donation into a session.  It is certainly every ladies right to disclose, or not disclose her rates in the manner she sees fit, but if the specific amount expected of me for a certain amount of her time is not available in a click or two, I will be moving on. 

I don't understand the "we don't talk about rates" deal. You do realize that even not talking about it, you can still get busted. You are advertising on an adult site, and they do know what you are doing. I know because I have gone to countless court cases with other ladies, and many of them never discussed a rate. If it makes you feel more comfortable to not talk about it, fine, but don't delusion yourself that you aren't  going to get busted when you can!

Now, I am a business person and have had too many clients act like they didn't know what the rate was so I was shorted, and that is a real good way to tick me off and be on my naughty list. I confirm the time and rate, and I take it upfront. I don't care for excuses or reasoning...you are paying for time and companionship, and once we have taken care of that then let the fun begin.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard