A pretty good look into a BP John sting

27 posts in this topic

Ok guys read what the ad said. Seems legit. What this says to me is that LE is learn get pretty quick how to rope guys in.

Now then, it's pretty crappie the way they went about it .  If they were truly interested in curbing "human trafficking" of younger girls, they would place an ad saying barely legal etc. The guy picked a girl 25 years old. 

New guys....learn to do your homework! See reputable ladies and until you are proficient in doing homework, stay off backpage. 

I would like point out this is excatly why I keep telling all of you boys to NEVER DISCUSS RATES OR SERVICES. But some of you don't 👂... For all you money Haglin negotiators lol 😂 

Slam dunk...perfect example...😘😜😝👎

To be honest I don't think he really made any mistakes. There are a thousand sessions that pop off the same way every day that are totally legit. What's best to remember is that not everyone who participates knows the "rules" and that this could literally happen to anyone.Despite all of our safeguards there is still risk, there are some  processes that even kind of work against us. There is still a huge population of clients and providers that are totally clueless to the "right" way of doing things.

Any advertising site is susceptible. Unless you have an ad site that's taking IDs and doing in person interviews to make sure the person is who they say they are the system can be beaten. Backpage isn't inherently bad, it's just a large target since it is the biggest and most widely used advertising site.

I think we go in circles with some of these conversations, there is nothing that can be said to this group that they haven't already heard, not much advice left to be given. Everyone here knows to research their provider and providers know to screen, we've all decided that the definition of "trafficking" fucking sucks. But we don't really do anything about it. I think we (whoever that may be) need to make bigger efforts to reach out to outsiders and help keep them informed. Rather than just claim that BP is where all the trash is why not reach out to providers on there and show the alternatives? Use twitter, personal websites and advertising to point the under-educated in the right direction.

Police say that the detective asked McNew, “You don’t want anything kinky? You just want normal sex, right?”

^^^^^answering yes to this question right here is what ultimately got this dude busted. I've been participating in this hobby for a few years now and this question will NEVER be asked by any legit provider. Merely discussing ones donation isn't grounds for getting busted, but that question right there established his content. So what I feel is most important in this, is that services should never be discussed. No legit provider I've ever seen or talked to would make this statement. I use reviews to get a general idea of what services a young lady provides. It's always YMMV, but reviews give a pretty good generalization of what's on the menu. 

Sit in court room and watch and listen. It's that simple.

If you talking about prostitution rates and services and agreeing to time you show up, and you show up...Your going to get charged. Consault a lawyer before you busted not after. One last thing... if you get stopped by the police or you answer your door. They ask you about a girl you seen 🤐 shut up really fast. There are guys who have been busted just for showing up. Read the news papers 

Edited by Nikki Holiday

1 hour ago, Juanmotai said:

...services should never be discussed...

Exactly!  I can throw money at you all I want.  That's 100% legal. When I say that "yes," I want sex (in the obvious context of money changing hands), that's when it turns illegal. So far I've done my homework and haven't had to deal with this situation, but I still have it at the front of my mind when I meet somebody new.

One time I showed up for a date with a new, somewhat thinly-reviewed lady and right after I walked in and placed the donation on the table, she said "What do you want?"  Alarm bells went off in my head, I imagined cops in the next room, I looked around for cameras, and replied, "Simply an hour of your time and companionship, I really like to talk about football - how about you?"

She laughed, said "OK, you pass," and we proceeded to do much more than talk about football, but never a word passed between us about any requests, preferences, etc.

I think after you are both naked,  you sucking on a breast and her stroking your pole,  it's OK to discuss things in more detail. 

Maybe I'm wrong. 

If they ask what you want, say "how about a strip tease". It's not illegal and a officer won't get naked. I do believe Nikki is right though, if they want to arrest you, they will, no matter what you said or didn't say.

11 hours ago, ZHTR said:

This article gets pretty detailed with how the ad was written. The dudes mistake was talking about it when he got there. And using a Visa gift card? I can't think of a single legit provider who would take that.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/11/16/lilly-pulitzer-backpage-arrest/

Man! And he lost a pretty decent career because of it! That's shitty. 

" a officer won't get naked "

I would not take this as an unbending truth that you can count on. Undercover police officers are allowed to do a great many things in the pursuit of a case. The actual rules for undercovers vary widely by jurisdiction and are complicated in any event, but it is important to know that the *rules*, much of time time, are not what constrains officer behavior. Rather, the constraint is *what the officer is willing to do in the pursuit of the case*. 

Female undercovers often will decline to get undressed, or touch a john's genitals, or be touched in turn, or whatever. But in most cases this is because they aren't willing to do that in order to get the bust. If you run into someone who IS willing to do that - maybe they're hyperdedicated, or desperate for a successful bust, or think the person they're trying to arrest is a horrible psychopath who has to be brought in regardless of the cost - then they can do all of these things that so many hobbyists and providers are morally convinced are somehow ironclad proof that someone isn't a cop.

From a provider angle, "officer won't get naked" is not a safe bet: numerous stories about cops getting naked, having fun before making the arrest. Seem to recall Denver had a situation like this.

As to what you say/do when meeting as a client, might just get arrested without saying/doing anything:

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/11/19/5-jailed-after-another-fort-collins-prostitution-sting/76000922/

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2016/07/30/9-johns-jailed-latest-fort-collins-prostitution-sting/87741380/

What is particularly interesting about the second story posted by NoCoGeezer above is that the FoCo police apparently read this forum - the story indicates that they are picking up "tips" from us.  Houston, we have a mole.....

Ya know, I've long suspected there were little piglets slopping around in our forums, but it's always been outta sight outta mind. Then you read that 2nd article from the Coloradoan and see the little piglets oinking out direct quotes from our forums and it confirms your suspicions. Having a mole is one thing, but it's not cool having little piglets slopping around 

7 hours ago, Badboy said:

What is particularly interesting about the second story posted by NoCoGeezer above is that the FoCo police apparently read this forum - the story indicates that they are picking up "tips" from us.  Houston, we have a mole.....

Not like it's a tough place to find with a vigorous screening process.

On 11/17/2016 at 10:51 AM, Wendy Whitney said:

This^^^  I have accepted gift cards as gifts from clients I already know and have a relationship. NEVER from a new client.

Wendy,

Right now I have a Macy's gift card on my dresser for $50. was thinking about refitting it for the holidays? Are you saying that because the client was new it should never be used?  The gift card was in with the donation money gift.  Like I said, I wanted to regift the Macy's gift card. 😱

Cops ad looks like a typical BP ad! Crazy crazy! 😵😵

I am with Juan on NEVER discuss activities until behind closed doors. The thread on Juan's 101 course is perfect for me for the most part too! 😀

Love all the other comments too on this subject because I feel for the most part we all look out for each other. Any of you ever have a question for me? Please always feel free to ask away!

Kisses😍😘

13 hours ago, Badboy said:

You don't exactly need a mole or someone pretending to be a member. You can view every post and thread as well as (I think) provider and Johns' listed details which include ads, reviews, and post history as a guest. From there it just takes time and a little reading and patience. How long does it really take to a find a post in any number of threads saying to join p411, only give out what you're comfortable with, never discuss rates but maybe it's ok to confirm rates if they're  not explicitly listed in the ad with some ads even going so far as to break down the rate structure. I highly doubt having a line in your ad saying "it's time and companionship only" after stating "QV/blowjob only for $150" is going to protect you much. We really give them all the information they could possibly need. 

Edited by JoDoe27

A guy is looking on CL in the W4M dating section. A woman advertises she needs some male company no strings attached. He calls.  She mentions she is in a hotel, come on over.  She repeatedly calls asking if he is coming over? During the last call she admits she needs  money and is willing to give him a BJ for $80. He agrees.  He is arrested when he knocks on the door.  This recently happened in Ft. Collins to a seasoned hobbiest.  He relayed the story to me and UTR providers in the area.

13 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Wendy,

Right now I have a Macy's gift card on my dresser for $50. was thinking about refitting it for the holidays? Are you saying that because the client was new it should never be used?  The gift card was in with the donation money gift.  Like I said, I wanted to regift the Macy's gift card. 😱

PM Sent :)

On 11/18/2016 at 2:19 PM, Juanmotai said:

Ya know, I've long suspected there were little piglets slopping around in our forums, but it's always been outta sight outta mind. Then you read that 2nd article from the Coloradoan and see the little piglets oinking out direct quotes from our forums and it confirms your suspicions. Having a mole is one thing, but it's not cool having little piglets slopping around 

That's very disrespectful IMO. LE knows about this site and they are on it. They are just doing their job and are a very important part of society. If you don't like what they do work to change the laws. It's the lawmakers and other citizens that don't approve of what we do here and that will never change unless we fight to change perceptions.

The truth is LE is aware of and participating on most every related site that has been around for more than a couple weeks, and this includes P411.  Common sense goes a long way in keeping one's self out of trouble. 

6 hours ago, mj76 said:

That's very disrespectful IMO. LE knows about this site and they are on it. They are just doing their job and are a very important part of society. If you don't like what they do work to change the laws. It's the lawmakers and other citizens that don't approve of what we do here and that will never change unless we fight to change perceptions.

I agree 100%.  I don't have a problem with most cops.  They are doing their job.  We  need to work to get these laws changed.

My comment wasn't about any specific or recent stings.   My comment was that LE is aware of and participating on the majority of all relative websites including this one, 411, TER, etc. etc.