Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mustang87

No-Shave November

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any guys were taking part in No-Shave November this month to promote Men's cancer awareness?  I have been.  I was also wondering if any of the ladies have seen regulars who are normally clear-shaved show up with new facial hair, and if that has been an issue for you?  I'm hoping to see the ATF later this week, first time I've had facial hair seeing her.  I'll tell her ahead of time, just wondering if it will be an issue.  I know it can have an effect on certain activities in which I like to partake. 

I like some fuurrr on your face. Facial hair has only been a problem for me once. The gentleman had shaved the day before or a couple days before and he chaffed me! That wasn't pleasant but he promised to shave the day of in the future. If you've been growing it since the beginning of November I'm sure your safe. How considerate to ask though. :-)

I did today! it was also one of the nicest beards I have ever seen. God, I love hairy men!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

A hint for those new to facial hair (my mustache is older than most ladies here):

CONDITIONER!  Use hair conditioner on your beard in the shower. This will soften those bristles so they don't scratch tender parts. 

I have such a baby face that if I started November 1, 2016, a beard wouldn't fill in until November 30, 2017! :cool:

30 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

I did today! it was also one of the nicest beards I have ever seen. God, I love hairy men!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Lol. I can grow a beard in a week and shed like a 🐕  Does that count? Bald tho, been that way awhile now. I had to pass on no shave month for professional reasons. Good on those who did it. 

I have almost a perminant 5'0-clock  shadow.  Back in boot many moons ago my RDC would call me Griz Adams.  I would literally shave 5min before an inspection with supervision from the aforementioned RDC and still get hit on uniform inspections due to shave.  Now days I keep 2-3day growth trimmed.  For November I had to shave for the first weekend of the month but I'm already at a full beard.  I'm pretty sure I could  catch ZZ Top before the first quarter of next year is up.

I've never tried to grow any facial hair. Went to boot camp @ Fort Benning when I was 19 and have been clean shaven since. For the first time in my life, I didn't shave for three days this November in honor of Men's Cancer Awareness, (just lost an uncle to Prostate Cancer) but it made me look like the old actor in those B Western Movies from the 1960's Gabby Hayes...so I pussed out and shaved off what little stubble had accumulated in three days.

I'm standing in solidarity, although clean shaven, with my brothers who are participating in No-Shave November this year...albeit in spirit only.

Some guys can rock a beard and some guys can't. One of the key things though is to make sure hair is clean. 

Personally, I love the day or two stubble on some guys. Like bit said CONDITIONING! The softer the beard the better