Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Citori

Road Warrior - Location Matching w/twitter

5 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I'm normally okay with tech.  And the title above, Who knows what I want to ask...

I keep reading on various boards about using Twitter to make connections, but for the life of me, I don't know an easy way to tell who is in what city. I tend to follow ladies in cities I visit, but it's not always clear where they are located. 

Q. Ladies/Gents that travel, is there an easy way to determine who is in town that you follow on your twitter feed?

I use the different regional boards and p411 for the most part. But I like to read into personality by scanning ladies posts and/or tweets. Maybe that is the only thing to do for now.

Years ago I used Dopplr to track when people I knew where in the same town as me. Maybe I need to find an app like that. 

Edited by Citori

Providers usually post it on their ads, P411 profiles, and on there website. 

Edited by Nikki Holiday

2 hours ago, Nikki Holiday said:

Providers usually post it on their ads, P411 profiles, and on there website. 

Agree with Nikki.  If a lady's Twitter feed is blocked and she says she's in town, you have no way of knowing.  What is nice about Twitter (and if you happen to follow her) is this is just one other great marketing piece for her to hopefully make you feel comfortable, that she says who she is.  Unfortunately, not all touring ladies update all of their ad sites.

I'm not sure if Twitter still has a city tracking site, but said lady would have to turn it on.

Love twitter, chatted with so many ladies here in the US and around the world.

On 11/14/2016 at 2:04 PM, Citori said:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I'm normally okay with tech.  And the title above, Who knows what I want to ask...

I keep reading on various boards about using Twitter to make connections, but for the life of me, I don't know an easy way to tell who is in what city. I tend to follow ladies in cities I visit, but it's not always clear where they are located. 

Q. Ladies/Gents that travel, is there an easy way to determine who is in town that you follow on your twitter feed?

I use the different regional boards and p411 for the most part. But I like to read into personality by scanning ladies posts and/or tweets. Maybe that is the only thing to do for now.

Years ago I used Dopplr to track when people I knew where in the same town as me. Maybe I need to find an app like that. 

I don't believe you can filter by location on twitter and most people opt out of tagging their location or putting it in their twitter bio, most however leave plenty of bread crumbs. Most will leave a link to their site on their twitter or their twitter link in their bios on the sites that they use.