Jez UaBriain

Thank you for your service ladies and gentlemen......

14 posts in this topic

To all the past, and the present armed forces members who have served our great country on this

Veterans Day. As the daughter, grand-daughter, and great-granddaughter  and niece ,etc. of fine gentlemen who served, I want to  shout out to them that I thank  them for their service.

This is heart felt and I am glad they came home.

Edited by Jez UaBriain

8 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

You're welcome. It was a privilege to serve. 

Thank you for your service

It was a privilege to serve.  I won't claim it was all fun (twice in Nam), but it wasn't all that bad. I did have six nice years in Germany and my kids got to see a lot of
Europe.  The worst part was coming home from Nam and being treated like scum.  My wife really took that part to heart. Rememberr that not only did the Vets serve their families did also.

1 hour ago, pointymoustache said:

The worst part was coming home from Nam and being treated like scum.

That was one of the most shameful chapters in our history.  The public's beef was with policy, not those who served.  They shouldn't have taken it out on you.

And yet we continue this disregard for those who served. This evening I was watching a locally (FL) produced piece titled "Charle Foxtrot".  It dealt with servicemen returning from multiple tours in the Middle East with PTSD. When their issues manifest themselves, these soldiers are given Less Than Honorable discharges and denied benefits. The VA says that they aren't veterans. Talk about a cluster fuck!

I give my thanks to ALL who served, in all theaters for defending our way of life. 

10th Special Forces Group, & HQ, 3/12th Infantry, 4th ID (II Corps, RVN)

Edited by Bit Banger

Thank You all for your support !  The last 2 days started with volunteer work at Bill Daniels Veterans Service Center, by Volunteers of America. While helping to setup and serve meals to veterans, I had the pleasure of meeting the Honor Guard, American GI Forum; Denver  Chapter. Long story short I meet a couple of  Army guys. One was gunner on "Slicks" and part of the Lam Son 719 Operation into Laos, early 1971.

Bit Banger  this may interest you, I was stationed at Pleiku airbase, March 1970 until I deros September 1970. The airbase served as a stagging area for Operation Tame the West, May 1970. Being a perimeter guard with no infantry training, and one of the few Air Force Security Policeman to be in firefight, and hugging the ground from heavy 51 Cal  fire, and the sniper fire. I am blessed to be here. 

Thank you, to all vets, whether older or young, peacetime, or wartime... you have protected our children, families, and way of life. May you be blessed the rest of your life! 

Thanks for all your kind words but remember that us vets could never do our job without the outstanding support of the American people. Even though you may not believe in the conflict I have always felt that the majority of people I meet support the troops in many ways and for that I thank you. 

We always forget about Armistice Day. Veterans Day is very important but Armistice gets overshadowed. 

With all the crazy talk going on Armistice Day is a moment to remember. Tryna post the Vonnegut quote but I am special. Let's just not ever forget the eleventh hour on the eleventh day when war went silent. 

"I will come to a time in my backwards trip when November eleventh, accidentally my birthday, was a sacred day called Armistice Day. When I was a boy, and when Dwayne Hoover was a boy, all the people of all the nations which had fought in the First World War were silent during the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour of Armistice Day, which was the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

It was during that minute in nineteen hundred and eighteen, that millions upon millions of human beings stopped butchering one another. I have talked to old men who were on battlefields during that minute. They have told me in one way or another that the sudden silence was the Voice of God. So we still have among us some men who can remember when God spoke clearly to mankind.

Armistice Day has become Veterans’ Day. Armistice Day was sacred. Veterans’ Day is not.

So I will throw Veterans’ Day over my shoulder. Armistice Day I will keep. I don’t want to throw away any sacred things."

Kurt Vonnegut

Pfunk thank you that is beautiful!!! I love my vets!!!!