Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sb602

What a day!!!!!

17 posts in this topic

So you think Donald Trump will be any good? As for me I have no idea . All i can think about is that TV show he had and how probably all the other countries are laughing at us...

What a day, indeed. I woke up today and realized I live in a different country than I thought I did.

I didn't vote for Trump but now he's my president, and I'll support him as well as I can. I'm sure he''ll make plenty of rookie mistakes and will insult more people than most "normal" politicians do, but I hope there won't be anything we can't recover from. I'm sure he'll surprise me with some really good ideas as well. My candidate lost (and I'll admit I wasn't exactly excited about her), but this still demonstrates why I love this country. None of the experts thought this was possible, but they were proven wrong by a movement that defied explanation to all of us who weren't a part of it. It really is pretty amazing.

I'm still going to spend the next couple days curled into a fetal position until my next paycheck.  Then I'll blow it all on some adult stress relief and move on with my life.  ;)

3 hours ago, sb602 said:

All i can think about is how probably all the other countries are laughing at us...

Absolutely.  Aren't you just ashamed to be an American.  I can hear millions of people in North Korea, the Philippines, Russia, most of Africa, the Middle east and large parts of Central and South America laughing so hard they're rolling on the floor. Imagine.  Electing a reality tv star to the presidential office. A laughing stock for sure.   

Just now, Happymon said:

Absolutely.  Aren't you just ashamed to be an American.  I can hear millions of people in North Korea, the Philippines, Russia, most of Africa, the Middle east and large parts of Central and South America laughing so hard they're rolling on the floor. Imagine.  Electing a reality tv star to the presidential office. A laughing stock for sure.   

Better a reality TV star than an outright criminal.

1 minute ago, MAG said:

Better a reality TV star than an outright criminal.

Apparently the sarcasm button needs to be more obvious.....

3 minutes ago, Happymon said:

Apparently the sarcasm button needs to be more obvious.....

I guess so.  I put my sarcasm glasses on and re-read it, and I still don't see the humor.  Oh well.

6 minutes ago, MAG said:

I guess so.  I put my sarcasm glasses on and re-read it, and I still don't see the humor.  Oh well.

You must be able to hear the millions of North Koreans laughing at us then. 

I remain in the "Fuck Donald Trump" camp until he earns my respect.  He could do it, but in my world you don't demand respect, you earn it, and he isn't doing very well so far.

Well I proudly voted for Trump    That Bitch had her chance to run the country when they were there before, but all she could do was watch her husband sticking cigars in wet holes.

Trump may not be perfect but he is the HNIC for this term

Just my .02

2 hours ago, Happymon said:

As has been said ours is the the worst form of government except for all the others.

shamed to be Americans absolutely not and never will be.

laughter

do they laugh when we feed them

do they laugh when we defend them

do they laugh when we rebuild them

i would rather be the laughing stock of the world and still be a proud American. With all of our flaws and mistakes it is our willingness to stand up for others who can not stand for them selves, the compassion to help those who can't help them selves, the strength to defend those who can't defend them selves 

so let them laugh and let them see where they would be with out us

1 hour ago, crazyb said:

Well I proudly voted for Trump    That Bitch had her chance to run the country when they were there before, but all she could do was watch her husband sticking cigars in wet holes.

Trump may not be perfect but he is the HNIC for this term

Just my .02

That bitch did her job as first lady. I guess all your shitty sexual indiscretions are the fault of your woman too?

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

That bitch did her job as first lady. I guess all your shitty sexual indiscretions are the fault of your woman too?

What shitty sexual indescretions?? 

8 hours ago, Happymon said:

Laughing? Stocks plummeted globally as soon as it was evident that Trump was going to win. Sounds more like these countries are shitting their pants. 

I watched channel 6 coverage until 01:30 PM and was very discouraged. Did not sleep. No choice we have give him a chance.  The following is the best I could find.

Chris Murphy for Senate

Friends -

Despite how it may appear to some, America is not a different place today than it was yesterday. I am uncertain of many things today, but of this I am sure.

Donald Trump won last night. He may not have won the votes of the majority of Americans, but under our system of presidential voting, he won the election fair and square. It was like a gut punch to those of us who didn’t see it coming, or who refused to allow ourselves to see it coming. I won’t lie to you – I didn’t sleep last night, and I might not sleep much tonight either.

But America is still the same place. We are a spectacularly imperfect nation. We lurch back and forth between competing visions for our future, between the natural twinned instincts of hopefulness and fearfulness. We have moments of great courage, but we are also capable at times of immense panic and worry. We take all comers, and ask everyone to keep a bit of where they came from while adopting something common to the whole of us. Our heterogeneity is our strength, but it also creates frictions and tensions. None of this is new.

Last night hurt. Never in our lifetime has a candidate for president ran a more hate-filled, bigoted campaign. It felt like we took a step backward in our progress toward a more compassionate, inclusive nation. But that doesn’t have to be our fate. We can choose to take Donald Trump at his word last night and take steps to heal the wounds caused by this bitter and divisive election. We can refuse to reflexively back ourselves into a dark, angry corner, and choose instead to be fair-minded umpires – calling the balls and strikes as we see them, working with our new President when he proposes good, and fighting him like hell when he proposes bad.

And we can put our heads down, and keep working on the things that still matter. Hell, last night, three out of the four state referendums tightening guns laws passed. Nevada, California, and Washington are safer places today because of these victories. And the top targeted Senate race for anti-gun violence groups, New Hampshire, looks like it went our way. If you are passionate about changing our nation’s gun laws, you can see a pretty bright silver lining in last night’s cloud-filled sky. It inspires me to fight on.

And so I walked into my Hartford office this morning and declared to my weary staff (who were, by the way, all at their desks at 9AM today – miraculously), “It’s another day to do good things in the world.” They awkwardly smiled at me, but I meant it. 

Last night, everything changed and nothing changed. We have a new President – one that half the country didn’t want. But let’s be honest – had Hillary won, we would still have a President that half of America didn’t want. So it’s still the same complicated, imperfect nation that it was before. And our job – to do good in the world, to be good parents and spouses and neighbors and friends – that doesn’t change either.

I might not sleep tonight, just like last night. But I’ll walk out my door tomorrow morning, Diet Mountain Dew in hand as always, and get back to work. And so should you.

All my best,
Chris Murphy

My last post was the positive one.  We cannot give up on this country, I fought for it, but anyone who thinks Hillary is the only criminal who was running read: Newsweek, 11/04/2016, Donald the Destroyer.  I think he also has a court date coming up.

Can any body show me a politician that does not have a shady past?    I think they are all crooks.   

I agree they are at least somewhat shady but that is American politics.  They have to be shady to get the money to run because if they do not there is no way in hell they well get elected to anything.