Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lustyleah

Death with dignity law

34 posts in this topic

Just as Bitbanger stated about hospice  offerings of a drug -induced  ending of our loved ones, or our own last days until the passage of life- this shouldn't have to  be our only option. I don't let my beloved animals in my life suffer needlessly. They let us know when it is their time to go. As hard as this decision is we have given our critters this right. We too should have this right. After having gone through a extreme course of chemotherapy and its many nasty side effects, surgery  and then radiation  in 2015, I can understand some on how a person could come to this decision. Because I cannot honestly say how much  more I would be willing to take to save my life. I do believe we should be able to say -when we have had enough.  All the medical procedures in the world do not always work.  It is our decision alone to make, only then we can include our family members  on the choice we have made.

6 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Just as Bitbanger stated about hospice  offerings of a drug -induced  ending of our loved ones, or our own last days until the passage of life- this shouldn't have to  be our only option. I don't let my beloved animals in my life suffer needlessly. They let us know when it is their time to go. As hard as this decision is we have given our critters this right. We too should have this right. After having gone through a extreme course of chemotherapy and its many nasty side effects, surgery  and then radiation  in 2015, I can understand some on how a person could come to this decision. Because I cannot honestly say how much  more I would be willing to take to save my life. I do believe we should be able to say -when we have had enough.  All the medical procedures in the world do not always work.  It is our decision alone to make, only then we can include our family members  on the choice we have made.

I love you lady, and am so glad you are here with us today! I do however agree with the above statement. xoxo

Faith and determination makes the impossible possible. I wonder if the will to fight will be lost......

I went to a town hall discussion on this topic. I am fervently in favor of the end of life options, and I'm glad it passed handily in Colorado. People would get up and say, the lord said, "Thou shalt not kill" and just sit down as if they had the end-all argument. As an atheist, I got up and said my own piece. The whole thing devolved into a war of words. It was not pretty. Bottom line is that it's been fine in Oregon.