Tish Thique

HOBBYISTS: Team Downtown or Team DTC?

95 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Badboy said:

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, seriously now - are you guys telling me that you choose your sporting companions based upon how good the parking is?

I just don't quite know what to say.  That just makes me sad.  You sound like my wife going to the mall (I never go to the mall).

Fuckin-a, I'd stash the old hooptie in one of those $10 per hour lots right in the middle of downtown if my ATF moved there - in a heartbeat (appropriately accelerated), no whining, smiling broadly.  Parking is absolutely the least of my concerns.

I interpreted the OP to be which is the better locale DT or DTC. 

I agree with you that on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the most important) parking ranks about a 12.

15 minutes ago, ironman318 said:

I interpreted the OP to be which is the better locale DT or DTC. 

I agree with you that on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the most important) parking ranks about a 12.

I'm the provider selection process. 

Dtc is a drag for us northerners.  traffic is always a problem and I seldom travel there to hobby.  Downtown is better but further up north is better for us country hicks.  I am sure the overwhelming majority will say the DTC but occasionally you might spend a day up north.  I am sure you will have some luck there as there are quite a few of us country hicks that would like to see someone like you

1 hour ago, Badboy said:

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, seriously now - are you guys telling me that you choose your sporting companions based upon how good the parking is?

I just don't quite know what to say.  That just makes me sad.  You sound like my wife going to the mall (I never go to the mall).

Fuckin-a, I'd stash the old hooptie in one of those $10 per hour lots right in the middle of downtown if my ATF moved there - in a heartbeat (appropriately accelerated), no whining, smiling broadly.  Parking is absolutely the least of my concerns.

You can count me as one that does not go downtown due to parking and general traffic issues. The last time I visited a provider near Congress Park, she left me knocking on her door in minus 5 degree weather after walking several blocks only to have her no show.

Traffic and parking downtown sucks.

6 hours ago, inkspot said:

You can count me as one that does not go downtown due to parking and general traffic issues. The last time I visited a provider near Congress Park, she left me knocking on her door in minus 5 degree weather after walking several blocks only to have her no show.

funny_free_parking.jpg

4250a8fa4375aef3213b56f2c2aebad1.jpg

On November 1, 2016 at 2:14 PM, pointymoustache said:

I pefer something closer to home so west is best - Lakewood, Englewood and Litleton.

Aaaaiiiieeeeee!!!  

STAY OUT OF LAKEWOOD!!!

//contractual obligation to make that comment whenever the L-word is mentioned....carry on.//

On October 31, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Tish Thique said:

Of the 2 major business districts, which is more convenient? Are you on Team Downtown or Team DTC?

Thanks, Luvs!

Tish Thique 

Okay, so I am totally overthinking this, but here goes....

It might be a matter of spending some time in both, then going with the one location that generates the most appointments, or the most quality (for you) appointments and stay there? Maybe change up a few times to get a better sample size? Or see where your regulars/favorites tend to book most often? 

...yeah, maybe just flip a coin and just have fun? 

17 hours ago, inkspot said:

Have to agree with with this. LoDo there is no free parking to be had, plus got a ticket one time for not noticing one of the many parking limitation signs in LoDo.

Also meeting with another provider in the Capitol Hill area, it took me over 20 minutes to find a parking space.

So for me DTC or the north area would be preferable where parking is readily available.

Hey ...

It just depends what I feel like, with the provider.. I will admit I am a little cop shy after my close call with Arvada PD. Downtown would be okay, and realistically; don't want to spend lots of money with hit and miss with providers.

At present I lean towards DTC, because my favorite provider offers safe location. We enjoy the best of each other ! I do have another in NW Denver and driving south of I-25 & Evans. Just doesn't work.   

Team North...but of the two I would go downtown.

Ok Guys, I think I've found the ideal area!

What are your opinions of I25 & Colo Blvd; 15 min from downtown, DTC & Stapleton, 5 min from Cherry Creek and for you Northerners, 15 min from I70 or I270?

Thanks for all your thoughts, Luvs! 

One of my favorite locales.  You can call this Cherry Creek in your ads to give a general location.

On 11/16/2016 at 11:33 AM, Badboy said:

One of my favorite locales.  You can call this Cherry Creek in your ads to give a general location.

Badboy this area seems like a winner!

OK, when I come to town, I stay in DTC or Lone tree... so DTC gets my vote.

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Tish Thique said:

Ok Guys, I think I've found the ideal area!

What are your opinions of I25 & Colo Blvd; 15 min from downtown, DTC & Stapleton, 5 min from Cherry Creek and for you Northerners, 15 min from I70 or I270?

Thanks for all your thoughts, Luvs! 

If you stay on Colorado Blvd plan on dealing with traffic. It takes 15min to go 10 damn blocks on that street where the I-25 and Colorado meet.

Team Downtown.

I get why DTC is so popular with the ladies, tons of inexpensive hotels and a higher percentage of rich old dudes (i.e. potential clients) in the south suburbs than other places in the metro area. But seriously, DTC is the worst. Driving on I-25 is always frustrating, often infuriating and occasionally migraine-inducing. I do this hobby to REDUCE my stress, why would I want to purposely add to my stress? So I don't see ladies stationed in the DTC during the week, if it's the weekend when traffic isn't as terrible I'll think about it.

I'm still waiting for the Stapleton area to catch on with more than a few providers. Plenty of nice, inexpensive hotels, no traffic problems, quick access for those coming from the north, downtown, Cherry Creek, and the east/Aurora, really everywhere except due west. Makes too much sense to actually happen I guess.

7 hours ago, Come Honor Face said:

I'm still waiting for the Stapleton area to catch on with more than a few providers. Plenty of nice, inexpensive hotels, no traffic problems, quick access for those coming from the north, downtown, Cherry Creek, and the east/Aurora, really everywhere except due west. Makes too much sense to actually happen I guess.

Stapleton is a residential area. All the guys, with money, are in DTC, Downtown, Inverness, and Interlocken, during the day. :)

Team Downtown. I have a provider 2 blocks from my office.  Nothing like walking over for a QV. 

Team DTC, reasons of proximity and parking, if those are your only two options. Otherwise, Alexa is spot on.

I live close to downtown but I still hate going into LODO for an appointment because of the parking and traffic. By the time I drive around and find a spot, I could've made it down to the DTC. A place slightly north or slightly south of there with a decent amount of parking would be ideal for me. With that said, I'm willing to drive a bit to see a good provider.

Never had issue with parking downtown, so, that's never been a dealbreaker for me. If need to park in a garage or lot, so be it.

Denver residential neighborhoods are the real problem: everyone parks on the streets, making the parking situation tough.

On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Mustang87 said:

If I have to pick one of those 2, put me down for Team DTC, but can I get a little love for Team COS?

I love you! 

#TeamCOS

On 12/6/2016 at 9:48 PM, Tish Thique said:

What if parking wasn't an issue downtown?

Elevator keys to get to certain floors is an issue.  I had a few ladies meet me in the lobby so they can plug their room key into the elevator slot to get to their floor.  Like others have said there are pros and cons to your question, but I think the masses prefer DTC to downtown.

I'm with Team Broomfield.  Anywhere in Denver is a PITA for me.