sparkey600

Kicked in the gut

57 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2016 at 5:36 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Sparky sending you and your family reiki. This is a tough time of a year to lose a loved one. Om shakti Wonder Dog om shakti!

Kisses and love

Thank you sweet heart, I appreciate it, and you. 

On 12/23/2016 at 8:57 AM, Bit Banger said:

I remember the pain of letting my cat go a few years ago - shocking. 

Be well & dwell on the many happy memories you shared. 

Bit,

I'm sorry hearing about your cat.I'm sorry for your loss........ We're cat lovers as well. We currently have one that's 20 years old and such a nice cat. She is missing her dog. Makes me sad. She and the dog were quite fond of one another. Sometimes I think she will outlive us all! Ha!

Bit, Sparkey and Lucy, 

I definitely understand where you're coming from and feel your loss. Last month, I lost my feline pal of >15 years, he was more like a dog than cat always wanted to be with me and always greeted me at door when I came home from work. He hopping around playingonce  one week then, refused to eat or drink the next. End stage renal disease. Had a slight remission for one day then once again, refused food and water. Couldn't bear to see him suffer anymore, and had to put him to sleep. Don't think I grieved that much since my parents passed. At least he is no longer suffering and I'm grateful that it was only for a short period. His feline roommate is still mourning his loss.

On 12/29/2016 at 9:26 PM, amcbl1 said:

Bit, Sparkey and Lucy, 

I definitely understand where you're coming from and feel your loss. Last month, I lost my feline pal of >15 years, he was more like a dog than cat always wanted to be with me and always greeted me at door when I came home from work. He hopping around playingonce  one week then, refused to eat or drink the next. End stage renal disease. Had a slight remission for one day then once again, refused food and water. Couldn't bear to see him suffer anymore, and had to put him to sleep. Don't think I grieved that much since my parents passed. At least he is no longer suffering and I'm grateful that it was only for a short period. His feline roommate is still mourning his loss.

Oui...

I'm VERY sorry for your loss. We love cats as well and have an "old lady" living with us 20 years old.She is so nice.... They are such great companions, a lot of people really don't understand. I get it. Sorry bud. Cats can be GREAT companions and become an important part of one's family. I'm sorry for your loss of a family member. Just be glad you loved him how he deserved to be loved in the years you had together. 

7 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

Oui...

I'm VERY sorry for your loss. We love cats as well and have an "old lady" living with us 20 years old.She is so nice.... They are such great companions, a lot of people really don't understand. I get it. Sorry bud. Cats can be GREAT companions and become an important part of one's family. I'm sorry for your loss of a family member. Just be glad you loved him how he deserved to be loved in the years you had together. 

True, many people and scientists categorize cats (no pun intended) as being aloof and independent. He was just the opposite. Another of his characteristics resembling what they say belongs to a dog was always sensing when I was down and coming up to comfort me. 

To everyone who has lost a pet, you have my sincerest sympathies. If life was fair, they'd live as long as we do. I guess its sort of nature's way of helping to ensure that more homeless pets get new owners.

On 12/27/2016 at 4:54 PM, petey-9950 said:

Sparky,  how about a kitten?  I have four ready to be adopted.

Do you still have kittens??? Any gray tabbies??

10 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

True, many people and scientists categorize cats (no pun intended) as being aloof and independent. He was just the opposite. Another of his characteristics resembling what they say belongs to a dog was always sensing when I was down and coming up to comfort me. 

To everyone who has lost a pet, you have my sincerest sympathies. If life was fair, they'd live as long as we do. I guess its sort of nature's way of helping to ensure that more homeless pets get new owners.

Sounds like you had a kitty empath like me. My fur baby was in tune to my feelings so much so that it was scary sometimes. When I had PMS she would lay on my belly and purr, when I puckered my lips she gave me kisses. We slept face to face and always with a little paw touching me.

There is a magic number for cats amcbl1, it's three. Cats do get depressed when they lose their friends. I had three now I have two and the two that are left are sisters, together since birth. I really don't like to think about how they'll react when they lose the other so three is the number for me.

I so fully understand what you are going through. And I honestly can say I rememberlathe names of all the dogs and cats, a wide variety of hooves ,even finned critters who have shared their lives with me. 

They all make our lives better. And it is not fair that they have such short lifespans while we still carry on. I am sorry Sparkey. We feel your pain.

So sorry for you.  I've been through it and it hurts alot!  My recommendation even if it doesn't seem right is go to the pound Monday and make a new friend it willl be great for both of you.

Ugh! My fear! I have two elderly pound puppies that have been part of my life forever. Just waiting for the bad stuff of the twilight years to kick in.

Sorry for the bad news, Sparkey600. Sucks when that kind of news hits.

On 12/30/2016 at 9:58 PM, amcbl1 said:

Very true. My cat is missing her dog now. Meows looking for her. Makes me feel bad.

Aloof she is not. Anyone that has owned a cat can say they are very loving. She tries very much to comfort me while dealing with this loss. She KNOWS and understands. She is a lover and likes people and dogs.

Sparkey.... When I had to put my hhound,Toto, down ,JIhad only two weeks of being. In his illness. As I was holding him as the first sedative took effect, U told to take his long beautiful snout and knock god off his throne because this was not fair. He too was only six. I meant it them and I still mean it. He was my hearthound. I still feel that gawd awful pain of losing him. I now am watching Molly working her way into senior dogwood. I pray I never have to make that decision. But if Have too I will. And once again,I will be sitting in the bathtub ,feeling overwhelmed by the pain of her passing.

We all love our critters.  

Sparkey I too feel your pain.  All the rational thought about circle of life, teaching us about life and death, etc. doesn't mean a thing when you have to say goodbye.  For what it's worth, I decided to walk dogs for a local No-Kill shelter.  It helps me feel like I'm giving back to the dog world just a little, and maybe helping them get better adjusted so that they can find a new home.  I still have two 8 year olds at home (Border Collie and MinPin) and it's gonna hurt like no tomorrow to say goodbye.  I wish you peace.

My 5 year old Boxer mix, Rocky, took his last breath this morning at 4:30am! He started having seizures a couple of months ago and the vet diagnosed him with a heart condition. This week he just took a turn for the worse... We took him back to the vet Thursday night, labs were completed, and we were waiting for the results to come back. I am devastated right now! 

@sparkey600 and @amcbl1 I am so sorry for your recent loss as well..My heart goes out to you and your families! 

Xoxo

@Lucy Kitten and @Bit Banger I didn't mean to exclude you or anyone from my post above...my sympathies to all who have recently loss!! 

Edited by Alexa Rayne
grammer

1 hour ago, Alexa Rayne said:

@Lucy Kitten and @Bit Banger I didn't mean to exclude you or anyone from my post above...my sympathies to all who have recently loss!! 

Thank you. For me it's been 3 years; years filled with the joy of a new kitten in my life. But every so often, it hits - like a ton of bricks because I lost my partner/wife of 25yrs and then my cat w/in 6months. 

Alexa, 

I so sorry about you loss. The are a member of the family.

Just remember all dogs and other pets go to heaven.

2 hours ago, Alexa Rayne said:

My 5 year old Boxer mix, Rocky, took his last breath this morning at 4:30am! He started having seizures a couple of months ago and the vet diagnosed him with a heart condition. This week he just took a turn for the worse... We took him back to the vet Thursday night, labs were completed, and we were waiting for the results to come back. I am devastated right now! 

@sparkey600 and @amcbl1 I am so sorry for your recent loss as well..My heart goes out to you and your families! 

Xoxo

Cyber hugs, it really sucks and I am sorry for your loss. If you need anything let me know.

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Thank you. For me it's been 3 years; years filled with the joy of a new kitten in my life. But every so often, it hits - like a ton of bricks because I lost my partner/wife of 25yrs and then my cat w/in 6months. 

Oh my goodness! Wow! You are very strong Bit..thats alot for anyone to endure! It sounds like you are still living life to the fullest which is the best thing you can do!

2 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Alexa, 

I so sorry about you loss. The are a member of the family.

Just remember all dogs and other pets go to heaven.

Thank you luv! Yes they do and Rocky is up there with the best of them!

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Cyber hugs, it really sucks and I am sorry for your loss. If you need anything let me know.

Awww...thank you so much! I love and need Hugs today...Cyber and Real Life! Xoxo

16 hours ago, Alexa Rayne said:

Xoxo

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to say goodbye to loved pets, they give us unconditional love, they see the kind of people in all of us that we all try to be...They never judge, they just love us for who we are.....

He was so young, not enough time to spend with a loving dog. I know how devastated you feel right now. I'm not even close to being over losing my Wonder Dog. Sometimes I think I'll never be over losing her, we had that kind of bond. If you need to talk, let me know. It's a bad pain and I understand.

Take care of yourself.

15 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Awe.....I'm sorry to hear that Bit..My heart felt condolences. Blessings to you and your family.

3 years is not a long time to grieve such a lose as you have had to endure. I just can't imagine what you have gone though and still are going through. I'm very sorry bud.  

7 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Awe.....I'm sorry to hear that Bit..My heart felt condolences. Blessings to you and your family. ...

Thank you, Sparky. Friends, many from TOB including the (now retired) YLs who took me to get my new kitten, have helped along the way. It's amazing what can trigger grief though; walk by a magazine rack & spot a rag my wife used to write for - boom,  lose an hour.  Life does get better each day. 😏

On Saturday, January 07, 2017 at 11:23 PM, sparkey600 said:

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to say goodbye to loved pets, they give us unconditional love, they see the kind of people in all of us that we all try to be...They never judge, they just love us for who we are.....

He was so young, not enough time to spend with a loving dog. I know how devastated you feel right now. I'm not even close to being over losing my Wonder Dog. Sometimes I think I'll never be over losing her, we had that kind of bond. If you need to talk, let me know. It's a bad pain and I understand.

Take care of yourself.

It was a tough week but I was blessed to have had the time I had, however short is was...He is in doggy heaven playing and enjoying life without pain!

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and support!

Xoxo

On 12/31/2016 at 8:25 AM, Lucy Kitten said:

Do you still have kittens??? Any gray tabbies??

Lucy I am sorry for the late follow up but I have a black male, a Siamese female tan with black tips and two black and whites a male and a female.  They all are litter box trained etc 

On 1/9/2017 at 1:11 PM, Alexa Rayne said:

It was a tough week but I was blessed to have had the time I had, however short is was...He is in doggy heaven playing and enjoying life without pain!

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and support!

Xoxo

My last word on this because I have to move on and that's very hard for me.....so very hard....

Our pets are waiting to meet us in Heaven, waiting for us, wanting to be with us again. They are that devoted, that loving.We should all be that deserving of their unconditional love. They have trusted us lowly and resentful humans with a great gift. Never doubt it, and try to pass it forward to people or animals that need you in your life. When you do, you will be a complete person. Love is all we have, really.

Thanks for reading this.