BadLeroyBrown

Ladies that are CPR and First Aid certified in case of an emergency

16 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there are any ladies out there that have had to think quickly in any sort of client related situations? How did everything work out? Been reviewing computer based training lately, got me wondering! How many uses have I imagined for these safety goggles! hehe 🤔🤔

22 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

my advice, roll em, and call 911. :)

That's one point of view, I suppose! 😂

Not a provider but I feel l would try to offer as much assistance as possible. But please keep in mind that from a legal standpoint a argument could be made that your activities were a contributing cause opening you to possable legal action. I feel if the situation went bad this could leave the lady open to civil action from him or the family but thats just my legal mind working. I would like to think I would throw caution to the wind and try to help.

6 minutes ago, Lustyleah said:

Not a provider but I feel l would try to offer as much assistance as possible. But please keep in mind that from a legal standpoint a argument could be made that your activities were a contributing cause opening you to possable legal action. I feel if the situation went bad this could leave the lady open to civil action from him or the family but thats just my legal mind working. I would like to think I would throw caution to the wind and try to help.

I think a legal argument could be made if you fled the scene and let the guy die. I think you just need to Man up and dial 911

I would call the Secret Service - they will roll the dead body off of you, let you get dressed and exit gracefully, and even keep your name out of the official reports and newspapers.  Well, it worked for Nelson Rockefeller's secretary, anyway.

Sonny I agree I would help, I was just pointing out that you would not be legally responsible to do so. If a death or injury happened due to your attempt to help you could be sued. It is a risk I would hope I and others would take. I was merely thinking from the ladies perspective she also has a great deal to lose family, friends. her livelihood out side the hobby the judgement scale swings both ways. I do agree that you point is the correct view to take but we all have to make our own decisions and live with the results.

I had my certificate while in college. Lol I graduated from college 1988. CPR and WSI Got those two together. 85- ya I am due for a refresher!;)

OK, seriously, if it were me who had a heart attack or something, here is what I would want the lady to do:  Drag my unconscious ass out onto the lawn, then immediately call 911 and say that you found a guy unconscious on your lawn and you had no idea who he is or what he is doing on your lawn.  Stick to the story.  If you stay and protect my undeserving body until the ambulance arrives (like my dog would, if she were there), or even perform CPR and mouth to mouth, I would be even more grateful, but it would not be required.  Stick to the story.  Really, stick to the story.

On 10/28/2016 at 4:17 PM, Badboy said:

I would call the Secret Service - they will roll the dead body off of you, let you get dressed and exit gracefully, and even keep your name out of the official reports and newspapers.  Well, it worked for Nelson Rockefeller's secretary, anyway.

That's why I like you...

Funny story that...I've actually had the dubious pleasure of riding shotgun in an ambulance with a client to the hospital (long story short, I knew more about him medically than anyone else there) after another lovely lady had to give him mouth to mouth.  Not my favourite way to spend an evening, but it did make those basic first aid courses feel worthwhile. 

I'm hoping to go back for EMS/EMT training at some point because with the amount of delightfully aged gentlemen I've met, well, at some point I'm sure someone's going to have a heart attack instead of just threatening to...and I'd like to be able to keep them alive long enough for the EMT walk of shame to happen. *laughs*

On 11/2/2016 at 3:05 PM, Rudbeckia said:

Funny story that...I've actually had the dubious pleasure of riding shotgun in an ambulance with a client to the hospital (long story short, I knew more about him medically than anyone else there) after another lovely lady had to give him mouth to mouth.  Not my favourite way to spend an evening, but it did make those basic first aid courses feel worthwhile. 

I'm hoping to go back for EMS/EMT training at some point because with the amount of delightfully aged gentlemen I've met, well, at some point I'm sure someone's going to have a heart attack instead of just threatening to...and I'd like to be able to keep them alive long enough for the EMT walk of shame to happen. *laughs*

You're the best.... that's awesome! thanks for sharing.

On 11/2/2016 at 3:05 PM, Rudbeckia said:

15 minutes ago, BadLeroyBrown said:

You're the best.... that's awesome! thanks for sharing.

screenshot-www.google.com 2016-11-04 16-08-13.png

4 hours ago, abigailfox said:

I'm certified as of 5 months ago. Always been. Prior EMT

Can't imagine a better way to go than while you're giving me mouth to mouth...😊

I've told ladies just to call 911 and go.

21 hours ago, Kaduk said:

screenshot-www.google.com 2016-11-04 16-08-13.png

And always make sure to have clean underwear.