Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kali Sensual Reiki

Thanksgiving Dinner for the Homeless

13 posts in this topic

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/11/12/david-clifton-ministries-needs-help-for-years-thanksgiving-dinner-for-the-homeless/

Hope to see you all there to help! I know I will be there  helping with serving.  I did this a few years back and plan on doing it again this year. It is incredible way to give back to OUR community on a personal level.  Even if you just help for a few hours or only one. 

I was personally asked to talk to friends and yes, I do consider you all my friends. ;) 

Yep, tossing caution to the wind in asking you all come and help the homeless with this years dinner. Hope it is alright that I post this?! 

I just might have to do this brings the reality of others needs into perspective I know a few around my house that could us it and that probably includes myself we all seem to get tunnel vision and are not able to see past our own little problems to see the plight of others thank you Kali for a needed reminder

Aw Kali you're such a great person! I will be delivering meals to the elderly and family's in need. If I'm in town for Christmas ,  I will be doing the same. It is important to remember to help those less fortunate. It is a good time to be thankful for what we have.

3 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/11/12/david-clifton-ministries-needs-help-for-years-thanksgiving-dinner-for-the-homeless/

Hope to see you all there to help! I know I will be there  helping with serving.  I did this a few years back and plan on doing it again this year. It is incredible way to give back to OUR community on a personal level.  Even if you just help for a few hours or only one. 

I was personally asked to talk to friends and yes, I do consider you all my friends. ;) 

Yep, tossing caution to the wind in asking you all come and help the homeless with this years dinner. Hope it is alright that I post this?! 

What a good person you are!!!

I'll be there, but helping healthwise.

6 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Thanks for posting this Sweetie.

I for one give to the Food Bank Of the Rockies on a regular basis.

Na I am pretty basic. However, I do feel a strong need to find ways to give back on some level to those around me. Time, donation, just like everyone else. It gives me warm fuzzies by contributing. And NO i truly believe we all do give backwithout even being aware of doing so. The biggest thing for me and for me is I just feel a need to be there. If I see you and you notice me at the dinner? SMILE please. Chances are i will give you a hug. Lol no need to yell out my name or anything silly please. 

4 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Aw Kali you're such a great person! I will be delivering meals to the elderly and family's in need. If I'm in town for Christmas ,  I will be doing the same. It is important to remember to help those less fortunate. It is a good time to be thankful for what we have.

Now where is that thread about providers being only about the money?

Melissa has a heart of Gold! :)

43 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Now where is that thread about providers being only about the money?

Melissa has a heart of Gold!

Thanks Kali, but it's more simple than that. it sucks being homeless. As a kid I lived on the streets with my mom for a few weeks. Someone helped us out, so I'm just paying it forward. All of my idiots are grown, so Thanksgiving is spent doing something for others. I don't get up and do black Friday shopping. In fact, I don't buy presents anymore. The holidays have lost their meaning. I personally don't NEED anything, but a lot of people do. 

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Thanks Kali, but it's more simple than that. it sucks being homeless. As a kid I lived on the streets with my mom for a few weeks. Someone helped us out, so I'm just paying it forward. All of my idiots are grown, so Thanksgiving is spent doing something for others. I don't get up and do black Friday shopping. In fact, I don't buy presents anymore. The holidays have lost their meaning. I personally don't NEED anything, but a lot of people do. 

Melissa: Thank you for sharing this very personal story with the community. Growing up as you did had to have been very difficult and the person you are today is a testament to your strength and perseverance to make things better for your children and yourself. Kudos to you for your bravery.

Kali: This is a great idea! I would love to get involved with this project on Thanksgiving but it would probably be more feasible for me to stay closer to Northern Colorado and volunteer to feed the homeless on Thanksgiving.

I wish I could do Thanskgiving, but going to be out of town. I was planning on helping out during Christmas though. Send me the info, I would love to help. Also, keep in mind that there is a lot of homeless people this year especially young ones, and it is going to get cold so donate coats, gloves, scarves, and hats as well as some canned goods to churches, or other charity locations so they can at least bear the upcoming winter. Also, churches will take money donations to help people to pay bills and their rent, or a hotel too(just check to see which ones provide this kind of service). Just a few things that can be done locally. Tis' the season for giving!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

So, i come on here kind of embarrassed at times.. Mostly, because I think I am Korney as hell with allot of what i say with my comments!  I am here for you all wanting to make this little Colorado corner a beautiful place for us people who visit it.  From the bottom of  my heart I mean it. Student loans and all I will still give like the rest of you! I will give back to a city and state that has always given to me and also to my family. Thank you so much! I  know that I have the greatest  friends in life! For that alone I am very fortunate soul in life!  Oh and  the people I've met and who touch me on so many levels (did I just say that)?! Yep I sure did! Hahahahahaha!!! You know what I mean! I love you! 

There is NO DOUBT in my head I know you all GIVE BACK more than you take! I know this without any doubt in my head too! 

Life lessons have shaped you into being a beautiful person on the inside and  that beauty has a way of always shining on the out! Partners! ;)  Gonna cry some more and play that song again Kaduk! 

any ladies donating session time to the homeless? i'am sure they'd appreciate it. :D