Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MamiMia

How far down...

20 posts in this topic

I am curious how far down the list hobbyists go when looking at provider ads. Is it all that important to be the top ad? 

Well I'm not a guy but I do hobby with the ladies  but I usually check all postings at first then just update who posts every so often

That is a great question!  One of the nice features about TOB ads is you can change the page outlay for 15-30-50 views per page.  Usually, if you get to page 2 or 3, they will start to show yesterday's postings.  I can't speak for all, but when I want to play, I'll go three pages deep or 150 views.

I don't think so for a hobbit, but for someone just looking for a quickie you probably need t be near the top. As a hobbyist I usually go to the reviews and look for a provider who fits my criteria e.g. looks, services, cost, location, etc.

29 minutes ago, BigBaldBlk said:

That is a great question!  One of the nice features about TOB ads is you can change the page outlay for 15-30-50 views per page.  Usually, if you get to page 2 or 3, they will start to show yesterday's postings.  I can't speak for all, but when I want to play, I'll go three pages deep or 150 views.

^^THIS^^

couple of views:

New to TOB ( new to this business but not business) I dont punt, but I am agency owner so with that said:

When scrolling through to see what the companions are using for marketing, how they market. I land on every profile read it vist the providers ( have even sent some providers here messages mixex responses) site see if they using pro photos,  old photos etc... and I take all the information I see here  compare it to my strategies etc.. What to do and definately what not to do.

As a browser:

Pics are the calling card they decide if I read the profile. How a companion presents her/him self is the conversation starter. I dont particularly give any credit to a top ranked profile becasue 99.9% its the site auto posting that keeps it there and I think most people know this so they move into a profile to to determine merit or booking. I think profiles should be just that  a quick high level overview of yourself. 

[snip]

Developing a true reputation as good service provider and your page ranking wont matter. Clients and browsers will notice the people who put the work in and those who are just "going through the motions". I've encountered some wonderful providers whom I might even call friends, and I've encountered some of the most arrogant self indulged people I've ever known", but the ones whose profiles stood out as genuine, matched thier nature when "just talking".

So dont place importances on the place where your AD may be, instead place more emphasis on placing that AD to show the best you, you can be!

Just my 0.02 on matter.

Edited by Kaduk
off topic

3-4 pages    It does not matter to me where they are located on the pages

7 hours ago, BigBaldBlk said:

I had it set to view 50 per page but for some reason that caused me errors. Once I changed the preference back to 15 the quirk went away, it was weird.

I think maybe the better question is what do most guys have that setting set to. If most just keep at the 15 and only go two or three pages back then I would bump up my ad more often. 

Down south one page is a month, or for Pueblo one page is forever/year.  :cool:

I go through the current day. If a girl hasn't posted for the day I assume he isn't available unless she has told me to call anytime.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, C E said:

couple of views:

New to TOB ( new to this business but not business) I dont punt, but I am agency owner so with that said:

When scrolling through to see what the companions are using for marketing, how they market. I land on every profile read it vist the providers ( have even sent some providers here messages mixex responses) site see if they using pro photos,  old photos etc... and I take all the information I see here  compare it to my strategies etc.. What to do and definately what not to do.

As a browser:

Pics are the calling card they decide if I read the profile. How a companion presents her/him self is the conversation starter. I dont particularly give any credit to a top ranked profile becasue 99.9% its the site auto posting that keeps it there and I think most people know this so they move into a profile to to determine merit or booking. I think profiles should be just that  a quick high level overview of yourself. 

[snip]

Developing a true reputation as good service provider and your page ranking wont matter. Clients and browsers will notice the people who put the work in and those who are just "going through the motions". I've encountered some wonderful providers whom I might even call friends, and I've encountered some of the most arrogant self indulged people I've ever known", but the ones whose profiles stood out as genuine, matched thier nature when "just talking".

So dont place importances on the place where your AD may be, instead place more emphasis on placing that AD to show the best you, you can be!

Just my 0.02 on matter.

DITTO!!!!       I will go numerous pages deep.   I do look at everything, location, services, reviews and of course pics.  It is like reading a good romance novel at times.   lol             

Pics are what drive me to, as they would say, investigate the person.  If you consider this a 'dating' site, then it is all about the pics, and then being just true and honest in your posting.  

Here is my perspective on this. I browse the whole board, and all the ads and postings. I make a favorites list of providers I want to see. The only time I look at the ads is when I see a lady posting that I think iam interested in. Then I go to her page and ads, and even reviews if she has them, to determine whether or not I think she fits what I'm looking for. so, for me anyway, I rarely look at the posted ads section unless iam searching someone in particular

On October 25, 2016 at 9:22 AM, MamiMia said:

I am curious how far down the list hobbyists go when looking at provider ads. Is it all that important to be the top ad? 

I don't think top billing on the ad list makes a difference. For me it's really all about what Peaks my interest, so I look at quit a few ads. Then I do my research to see if they may be a fit. When your spending $$$ the last thing I want is a shit experience, but if I have done my job properly I usually don't run in to that. So it really comes down to what I see, read and gut instinct.

I rarely go past the first 1-2 pages even when looking at the Denver.  Of course, 1 page is plenty for the Colorado Springs board. Fortunately when we have such great ladies here, one page is more then enough. 

If I get myself in a position when all of the ATFs are out of town or unavailable, I cruise the postings, and I don't think the number of pages matters, it is how old they are that matters to me.  I'll usually look back 2-3 days, no matter how many pages that is.  Going any further seem pointless, since I would imagine that a lady would refresh her posting if she was still available.  The only reason I even go back a couple of days is because some of the ladies will, for example, on Wednesday, post "now booking for Friday and Saturday." 

Which brings up a point for the ladies, it is really helpful if you disclose a few things in your ad, regardless of what page it is on:

1.  The days and hours that you are available;

2.   The general area of town of your incall's location, such as "DTC area," or "Cherry Creek," or "Downtown," or "I-25 and 120th," etc.  Not only does it help us in making decisions, I would think it would cut down on the amount of wasted-time texts, etc. that you have to deal with; and

3.   How you want us to contact you, i.e., by text, e-mail, phone call, etc.

If we have to guess on these things, we will probably move on to a possibility that makes it easier, even if it takes us back to page 4 or 5.

On 10/25/2016 at 9:22 AM, MamiMia said:

No, I frequently will use different sites, and I review listing s for the past couple of days. Sometimes, I will search keywords as to what I'm looking for. It all just depends. The ads at the top of the list basically say she is ready right now, but that doesn't necessarily mean other women are not currently available as well.

I'd second that top of the list suggests to me she's open right now. I like the picture view so I'll often go 10+ pages (at least skim through any new ads). Anywhere once a day or every few tells me you're around and I'll contact if interested. Changing up pictures and your ad words helps too. If you post once a month I might assume you're not around, but tob and eccie aren't like bp where you need to be at the top to be noticed. 

More info since I looked at your ad: Personally I wouldn't run across your ad much because you post in Boulder (fewer than in Denver). Also I don't see many pictures posted so I don't feel intrigued or really see enough to be really attracted from what you post. And that's even before I check services/reviews. All of which is fine - I may not be right for you, but that might also be why others pass over. If you search just boulder, you're on the first page so everyone there will see you. Hope answering the question you didn't ask helps a bit.