Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

In the spirit of Halloween

38 posts in this topic

What are some of your favorite past or more recent scary movies or TV shows? I absolutely cannot watch the movie The Exorcist,  but I love the new TV show on Fox. I'm a huge fan of scary movies. The conjuring was good, but it didn't portray the haunting as well as the books House of Darknessn House of light. I loved the conjuring 2. So, what do you all like?

23 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

What are some of your favorite past or more recent scary movies or TV shows? I absolutely cannot watch the movie The Exorcist,  but I love the new TV show on Fox. I'm a huge fan of scary movies. The conjuring was good, but it didn't portray the haunting as well as the books House of Darknessn House of light. I loved the conjuring 2. So, what do you all like?

I recently saw "Don't Breathe".  Not exactly a "horror" movie, but very tense and dark.  Really enjoyed it.

Perhaps it was because I was psychologically scarred at age 4 by the flying monkees in the Wizard of Oz, but I absolutely hate scary movies (except "The Shining" which, for some reason, I really loved).

Ben way to many rats for me

Edited by petey-9950
Wording

1) The Exorcist

2) Stephen King's "It" (miniseries)

3) Don't Look Now (1973)

4) Psycho

5) Silence of the Lambs

6) Testament (realistic aftermath of nuclear war) This really scared me in the era of the cold war!

So has anyone seen the new TV series the exorcist???

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

So has anyone seen the new TV series the exorcist???

I watched it. I am really liking it. It's scarier and way more violent than I expected for commercial television.

Because it's Halloween time I have to watch Hocus Pocus! And It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Lady in White, Watcher in the Woods and Something Wicked This Way Comes. Once all the childish stuff is out of the way it's time for really scary.

My top scary movies-

The Ring

Jaws

Drag Me To Hell

Poltergeist

Dark Water (like The 6th Sense but better)

Suspiria

Legend of Hell House

Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness

Babadook

Crimson Peak

The Birds

Carrie

Silence of the Lambs

and

Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula

12 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I watched it. I am really liking it. It's scarier and way more violent than I expected for commercial television.

Yes, I totally agree! The show builds up and by the time it ends you're dying for more. Geena Davis is awesome in it and the girl who plays the older daughter is hot! The guy who plays the demon is creeeepy, just all around awesome. I go over to my scary movie buddy's house every week.

31 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Yes, I totally agree! The show builds up and by the time it ends you're dying for more. Geena Davis is awesome in it and the girl who plays the older daughter is hot! The guy who plays the demon is creeeepy, just all around awesome. I go over to my scary movie buddy's house every week.

You forgot the super hot Priest! :lol: I haven't watch last Friday's yet. I'm doing it with a "friend" and we haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm not a fan of horror TV shows or movies, but as a kid the TV show Dark Shadows would bother me.  Even when I hear the name Barnabas, I feel a little tinkle in my pants.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

You forgot the super hot Priest! :lol: I haven't watch last Friday's yet. I'm doing it with a "friend" and we haven't gotten to it yet.

Oh just wait, it's one of the best. And yes, hot priest. 

9 minutes ago, BigBaldBlk said:

I'm not a fan of horror TV shows or movies, but as a kid the TV show Dark Shadows would bother me.  Even when I hear the name Barnabas, I feel a little tinkle in my pants.

Really? So, no haunted house then either huh? What if a bunch of us ladies were in there naked and in need of rescue?

37 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Really? So, no haunted house then either huh? What if a bunch of us ladies were in there naked and in need of rescue?

I'd yell your names close to the exits, so you could hear my voice!

I'm another fuddy dud when it comes to scary movies. I just can't pay attention. I did like the Exorcist, the monkeys in Oz also scared the hell outta me as a child, I really liked the 1st Aliens flick. I read a lot of supernatural books, that keeps my mind busy too.

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

1 hour ago, BigBaldBlk said:

I'd yell your names close to the exits, so you could hear my voice!

Send in the first  Responders with a box of condoms ;)

5 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Now that is an entirely different question.  So long as there aren't any flying monkees, I will be happy to rescue any damsels in distress - no repayment expected or needed (it's what you do when you have been labled a "white knight").

6 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I would gird myself with the mantle of Truth, Justice and the American Way and rush in to save the damsels in distress!

The Skelton Key- Because of the record player. Creepy as hell!

Rose Mary's Baby- childhood

Silence of the Lamb's- creepy story

Jaw's- childhood I would not go swimming that summer it came out.

Also the old TV show "Planet of the Apes" scared me to no end as a child. Silly I know. ;) Those apes running around with English accents scared me. :( Cornelius especially! 

26 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

The Skelton Key- Because of the record player. Creepy as hell!

Rose Mary's Baby- childhood

Silence of the Lamb's- creepy story

Jaw's- childhood I would not go swimming that summer it came out.

Also the old TV show "Planet of the Apes" scared me to no end as a child. Silly I know. ;) Those apes running around with English accents scared me. :( Cornelius especially! 

Kali, I'm there with you on Jaws and Planet of the Apes. I grew up in Santa Cruz,  wouldn't go in the water past my knees. Water is so cold anyway, just get wet, and get out. Eventually I got over it though. Still get way creeped out by them apes......shiver. 

Poltergeist, scared me to death as a kid....ruined clowns forever. First 2 Nightmare on Elm Street, scared me silly, slept with the lights on for weeks. I LOVE SCARY MOVIES!

On 10/18/2016 at 4:00 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Ugh...

OK I have to admit here to the WHOLE Board, I am NOT a fan of horror movies of any kind. Being scared makes me want to do one thing, kick ass! HA!  Fight or flight so I guess I would not run!

I've seen The Exorcist, creepy.....Poltergeist was very well done, (scared the crap out of me)

Jaws was cool, but unbelievable because I'm a Divemaster, still kind of cool. No way it was happening like that..

Does anyone on here remember "It's Alive?" I saw it when I was about 9 years old and that's most likely why I don't enjoy the genera. It scared the shit outta me!!!    Just saying.

ANY die hard horror fans???? that do date night at a haunted house. 

15 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Kali, I'm there with you on Jaws and Planet of the Apes. I grew up in Santa Cruz,  wouldn't go in the water past my knees. Water is so cold anyway, just get wet, and get out. Eventually I got over it though. Still get way creeped out by them apes......shiver. 

Poltergeist, scared me to death as a kid....ruined clowns forever. First 2 Nightmare on Elm Street, scared me silly, slept with the lights on for weeks. I LOVE SCARY MOVIES!

Melissa,

Love them now too especially movies on paranormal info (that I see as beimg REAL). I can really get into those shows. 

Poltergeist was scary to me too!

Never saw The Elm Street movies! At least not yet! 

I love Vincent Price with his Edger Allan Poe, Thriller with Boris Korloff, Twilight Zone and Night Gallery with Rod Sterling too. Twisted old movies a bit on the dark side, (when I can stay up that late).:)

Exorcist was very scary for me too. I remember when it came out. Lol ya I am old! ;)I remember the 70"s well with all those movies. Carrie was great too. Although the books are better. :)

Sparkey600 think I remember that movie! Remember Baby Alive too.The doll that ate and...sorry off topic! ;)

Not scary but I always looked forward to Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.

Now onto Halloween Movies in no particular order:

Halloween

Halloween II

Werewolf

American Werewolf in London

Young Frankenstein (Not Scary Nor Halloween but one of my favs)

Children of The Corn

My all time Favorite Scary Movies w/no Halloween theme:

The Exocist

The Omen

Damien Omen II

Amityville Horror

The Shining

3 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Not scary but I always looked forward to Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.

Now onto Halloween Movies in no particular order:

Halloween

Halloween II

Werewolf

American Werewolf in London

Young Frankenstein (Not Scary Nor Halloween but one of my favs)

Children of The Corn

My all time Favorite Scary Movies w/no Halloween theme:

The Exocist

The Omen

Damien Omen II

Amityville Horror

The Shining

Really great list of movies 

The Shining is VERY scary! From all I understand there is a great deal paranormal activity at that hotel. I saw the The Omen too. Very scary line up you have Mr. BigShot! :)

8 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Really great list of movies 

The Shining is VERY scary! From all I understand there is a great deal paranormal activity at that hotel. I saw the The Omen too. Very scary line up you have Mr. BigShot! :)

What's revealing is that I'm so old, I saw most of these movies at the theatre on their first run. LOL!