Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
engineer

Is it rude to ask a Provider to point you towards her reviews?

36 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2016 at 2:40 PM, Kaduk said:

Ok then;

After you have reached the peak of your research, how many Ads have you peeked at to get to the the Ads that piqued your interest to the Ads you end up calling ?

You, my friend, are awesome. What a perfect reply.  :D:D:D

Somewhere between 10 and 50. :unsure:  Basically, if I can find history going back several months with consistent pricing and pics, then I'll contact her and ask about reviews and/or personal website. Sometimes it turns out there's a profile on a large site like ECCIE my searches didn't turn up. Other times, it leads me to a board I've never seen before. And, of course, sometimes I get "huh? what do you mean?"

Like I said, I like "shopping."

WOW - it's hard enough to find time to sneak away for the actual appointments, how do you find the time to winnow 50 prospects down to wheat and chaff (or gold and dross - pick your metaphor)?  Me, I just read the reviews, if someone has a lot of positives, looks good, and looks like my type, I just put them in the "favorites" file and when all of the ATFs are busy or out of town, I can start down the list.  Usually don't get past number 2 or 3.

Not rude at all, she is in business to promote herself so she should happily refer you to reviews and if she is unwilling to do so you might take that as a sign that there aren't good reviews.

13 hours ago, Badboy said:

How do you find the time to winnow 50 prospects down to wheat and chaff (or gold and dross - pick your metaphor)? 

I spend a lot of time at work waiting for things to complete. It's kind of like watching paint dry, so it gives me the perfect opportunity to do some window shopping. And when I say 50, I'm just quickly clicking through BP ads--most of which I know are not what I'm looking for. I probably only spend time on a few of them.

...gold and dross, I wasn't familiar with that one...

On 10/15/2016 at 11:57 PM, AlexisSweet69 said:

I don't think it's rude. I'll gladly guide you to my reviews.

Ah, a breath of fresh air in a very stuffy topic.

Thank you Alexis!