Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barbi

Seriously who does this????

32 posts in this topic

Who would wait until after the time they scheduled with someone to ask if you really look like your photos????  You have got to be kidding me right????  But then actually claims to be in the parking lot....Give me a break....Or am I just over reacting here???? 

Sorry just had to rant for a moment...Thanks for lending an ear and your thoughts on such behavior please...

13 minutes ago, Barbi said:

Who would wait until after the time they scheduled with someone to ask if you really look like your photos????  You have got to be kidding me right????  But then actually claims to be in the parking lot....Give me a break....Or am I just over reacting here???? 

Sorry just had to rant for a moment...Thanks for lending an ear and your thoughts on such behavior please...

I am not sure what the percentage of girls who lie about what they look like is. We hear about the bait and switch all the time. How she was heavier than her pics.  I personally feel this is one of the reasons why guys ask these questions. I have found that if I tolerate the questions, once we meet I will ask the gentlemen why he asked me this. It makes sense to why he did it. When at first I was like really??? WHY Stop it.... ... lol

I completely understand where your coming from Barbi. 

Edited by Nikki Holiday

8 minutes ago, Barbi said:

Had to try the quote, lol.  I would say a newbie, did not do his homework.

5 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

Had to try the quote, lol.  I would say a newbie, did not do his homework.

Its not just newbies who ask this question.

Just sayin if I am already sitting in the parking lot waiting, I am for sure going to know what the lady looks like.

8 minutes ago, Nikki Holiday said:

1 hour ago, Nikki Holiday said:

You are correct.  But if they are not newbies, then they are booger-eating-morons.

No....there is no third choice.

If they have selected a well reviewed provider, then they can tell what they are going to get from the reviews.  Yes....I know.  Read them ALL....good and bad, and any guy with two brain cells to rub together will get an adequate composite.picture.  For example....everyone here knows that you are a quality ASP, but if they are paying attention they will also note that you have been using some of the same photos for the past 5 years.  Some additional mileage will be expected.  No big deal....they are good photos.  99 percent of reasonable guys will not be bothered by this.

Now.  If you are calling someone from backpage with no reviews, and you ask if their photos are real....well that's just retarded.  You ARE a booger-eating moron for expecting her to answer honestly if they are not.

Bottom line:  The answer to Barbi's rhetorical question is "Newbies and BEMs."

1 hour ago, Laplace said:

You are correct.  But if they are not newbies, then they are booger-eating-morons. 

Lets be honest here. Guys get bait and switch all the time. This part of the reason they ask. I could bring up few other reasons why, ok but I'm not in the mood to fight lol. Off to my vodka iv got busy night. cheers

Bait and switch has been happening alot. Look at Backpage for instance.i would venture to say that half, if not 60% of the ads have fake pictures. That's what Google search and tineye are telling me. Most of those ads say 100% real pictures, just not 100% real of the person who opens the door.  It's happened to me many times before I learned to do my homework. They guy should have asked before he even went to see you if he had doubts. I had a conversation a while back with a young lady and I said " iam sure the pictures are 100% real, but are the 100% real of you, and she never answerd back.i ts sad that's it's come down to this.. so, I feel for you, but I also know from experience that the lady in the pictures isn't always the lady answering the door 

There are two answers to the question.

1) "Yes, those are pictures of me, and I look like that."

2) "No. those are not my pictures."

I would bet 95% of the ladies will NEVER answer with #2. The other 5% will say they look better.

It's just a stupid question to ask. (similar to "How many guys have you seen today?", or "Are you doing this for the money?").

We guys think with our dick, waayyyy too often. :lol:

It's kind of like asking: "Are you a liar?"  No matter what the truth is, the answer will always be "No."

5 hours ago, Laplace said:

No....there is no third choice.

If they have selected a well reviewed provider, then they can tell what they are going to get from the reviews.  Yes....I know.  Read them ALL....good and bad, and any guy with two brain cells to rub together will get an adequate composite.picture.  For example....everyone here knows that you are a quality ASP, but if they are paying attention they will also note that you have been using some of the same photos for the past 5 years.  Some additional mileage will be expected.  No big deal....they are good photos.  99 percent of reasonable guys will not be bothered by this.

Now.  If you are calling someone from backpage with no reviews, and you ask if their photos are real....well that's just retarded.  You ARE a booger-eating moron for expecting her to answer honestly if they are not.

Bottom line:  The answer to Barbi's rhetorical question is "Newbies and BEMs."

Might could be dude has run into a few bait and switch scenarios. Happens to those of us rolling the dice on the new girls.  Could be his first time and he got nervous. Maybe he's new. Don't know about reviews. Not sure it'd do him much good come around here. Too many curmudgeons hang out here.

Could be you need some ice for sore muscles, what with all the knee jerking all over the place. Sure you know barbi's legit. He didn't. Could be a million non-booger eating reason why he asked. 

People keep preaching bout seeing only reviewed girls. Good advice starting out. But so much disdain for folks not converting to the faith. Kinda wonder if guys like me stopped rolling the dice and writing reviews, who would guys like you see? 

Personally, I look nothing like my TOB thumbnail photo and it hasn't been an issue with providers thus far.

22 hours ago, Barbi said:

A douchebag!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

2 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

Personally, I look nothing like my TOB thumbnail photo and it hasn't been an issue with providers thus far.

I was!  Got all eager to reenact a "shameless" scenario...and poof, fantasy down the drain! ;)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

14 hours ago, jj254 said:

People keep preaching bout seeing only reviewed girls. Good advice starting out. But so much disdain for folks not converting to the faith. Kinda wonder if guys like me stopped rolling the dice and writing reviews, who would guys like you see?  Nail on head!!

Yes, bait and switch happens.  No excuse. Personal experience only - the well reviewed blah blah have been MORE likely to use old misleading pics than the legit ones on BP (and yes, I know many, many there are not legit).  But regardless, the issue I have with the original post description is waiting to ask until the appointment was set, she had given him her specific location, and he was there.  THAT is pure inexcusable bullshit - not to mention very creepy!!  Whatever questions you have, ask them before you set the appointment - except obviously no questions about specific services. This ain't rocket surgery.

22 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

I was!  Got all eager to reenact a "shameless" scenario...and poof, fantasy down the drain! ;)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

You're free to reenact any scenario from Shameless with the exception of Joan Cusack's character's propensity to want to Peg Frank during adult playtime with those larger than life playtoys:eek:

Sultry Kitten...so sorry to have disappointed you. How can I possibly make amends?

16 hours ago, jj254 said:

People keep preaching bout seeing only reviewed girls. Good advice starting out. But so much disdain for folks not converting to the faith. Kinda wonder if guys like me stopped rolling the dice and writing reviews, who would guys like you see? 

You misunderstand me.  I have no disdain at all for guys who see girls who are not reviewed....in fact I have a kind of grudging admiration for them.  And if they write a review, I realize that I am deeply in their debt.  If you are among them....thank you!

A few points: 

1)  The OP posted about a guy who had made a date and then wanted to know if her photos were real...right before the date.  This is ignorant behavior....plain and simple.  

2)  I have always stuck with well reviewed ladies. 99% of my encounters have met or exceeded my expectations.  Thats a pretty good success rate.  I realize that to achieve that required that  many guys....maybe even you....had to TOFTT and give the ladies I've enjoyed their first reviews.  Again, I am grateful.

3)  I can spot the obvious fakes on BP.  I am sure there are many wonderful unreviewed ladies there and UTR.  I do not know how to find them.  No one has ever pulled me aside and said "look Pierre-Simon.....here is how you select an unreviewed lady from Backpage who is a gem."  "See this Pierre-Simon?  When you ask the lady if her photos are real, this is how you know she is telling the truth."  "Over her Pierre-Simon, this lady is an outstanding UTR provider."  And so, I have concluded that the only way to sift the wheat from the chaff is via trial and error....at a high failure rate.  Or....I could stick with the ladies of known quality and have one great time after another.....and be grateful.

I don't know what else to do.  But PLEASE don't think I am disdainful of those who know what I do not.

Can you answer just ONE question for me, though?  Please?  When you ask her: "Are the photos of you really you?"   How DO you know she is telling the truth?  And if you can't, why even bother to ask?

19 hours ago, Badboy said:

It's kind of like asking: "Are you a liar?"  No matter what the truth is, the answer will always be "No."

This is true. 

34 minutes ago, Laplace said:

You misunderstand me.  I have no disdain at all for guys who see girls who are not reviewed....in fact I have a kind of grudging admiration for them.  And if they write a review, I realize that I am deeply in their debt.  If you are among them....thank you!

A few points: 

1)  The OP posted about a guy who had made a date and then wanted to know if her photos were real...right before the date.  This is ignorant behavior....plain and simple.  

2)  I have always stuck with well reviewed ladies. 99% of my encounters have met or exceeded my expectations.  Thats a pretty good success rate.  I realize that to achieve that required that  many guys....maybe even you....had to TOFTT and give the ladies I've enjoyed their first reviews.  Again, I am grateful.

3)  I can spot the obvious fakes on BP.  I am sure there are many wonderful unreviewed ladies there and UTR.  I do not know how to find them.  No one has ever pulled me aside and said "look Pierre-Simon.....here is how you select an unreviewed lady from Backpage who is a gem."  "See this Pierre-Simon?  When you ask the lady if her photos are real, this is how you know she is telling the truth."  "Over her Pierre-Simon, this lady is an outstanding UTR provider."  And so, I have concluded that the only way to sift the wheat from the chaff is via trial and error....at a high failure rate.  Or....I could stick with the ladies of known quality and have one great time after another.....and be grateful.

I don't know what else to do.  But PLEASE don't think I am disdainful of those who know what I do not.

Can you answer just ONE question for me, though?  Please?  When you ask her: "Are the photos of you really you?"   How DO you know she is telling the truth?  And if you can't, why even bother to ask?

1. While true asking these kinds of questions is ignorant, the cure for ignorance is knowledge, not insults.

2. While it's nice that you have stuck with "well reviewed ladies" and it's worked out well for you, not everyone is aware of reviews and how to utilize them. The constituency of the forums is still relatively small compared with the overall market.

3. I'm glad you've acquired the skills the spot the fakes on BP,  however, did you have those skills when you first discovered TOB?(Happy anniversary, btw)

Tell you what: about 10-11 years ago when I discovered TOB, I previously had no idea about reviews and the etiquette of Internet forums; and I had been chasing ASPs for almost 20 years by that time.

I understand that your response was intended to add more heat than light and to shine up to Barbi at the expense of another "BEM", but it came off parochial and kind of mean spirited, in addition to being about as ignorant as the dude in question.

39 minutes ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

I understand that your response was intended to add more heat than light and to shine up to Barbi at the expense of another "BEM", but it came off parochial and kind of mean spirited, in addition to being about as ignorant as the dude in question.

This is quite a civilized Dude Fight. I wouldn't be surprised at all if LapLace takes off one of his white gloves and slaps you across the face with it.

Thank what ever God you happen to believe in that not everyone in this world is devoid of all indications of intelligent life, only just a few...As you can probably guess that dude ended up being not only just a douche bag but a real moronic bugger picking idiot who eats it as well...Yuck  but just being honest there are some who are really that bad and should not be given the benefit of the doubt...We live and learn and hopefully never make that mistake again and learn to trust our gut feelings as when we dont it will normally come back and bit you in the arse every time...But wanted to let you all know how it turned out and to thank you all for your responses...It was just one of those things that is what it is...

It takes all kinds to make the world go round and it also makes you appreciate the good people you do meet in life even more....Hope you all have a beautiful day and thanks again for allowing me to rant, it is appreciated...

Thanks for your comments everyone and keep the faith...

B.............

Barbi, glad you stayed safe.

2 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

This is quite a civilized Dude Fight. I wouldn't be surprised at all if LapLace takes off one of his white gloves and slaps you across the face with it.

What would be the point?

I seem to have already spoiled everyone's brandy and cigars....and I wouldn't want to upset the ladies. Neither was ever my intention.

I'll just leave....good day to you all

6 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

You're free to reenact any scenario from Shameless with the exception of Joan Cusack's character's propensity to want to Peg Frank during adult playtime with those larger than life playtoys:eek:

Sultry Kitten...so sorry to have disappointed you. How can I possibly make amends?

Well dangit...another fantasy ruined. I will have to think of the perfect way for you to make amends.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Here is how I see this. I know that my pics are not the greatest, but I do my best to portray who you will see.If you think that I got them from tineye. pr some model...then you need glasses. If you are dumb enought to ask me if I am the girl in the pic then you obviously didn't do your homework, which would have taken you 30 seconds to do, and check to see if I was legit with reviews, etc. then you are DENIED from entering my office. I expect every client to learn how to do this safely whether it is their first time or last because I want to know that my client will leave and not encounter in the future sitcky situations that could cost them a lot of money, or dead. This is not a hobby for the faint of heart, and I don't want to worry that one of my clients could create drama for me, or for my other clients. It sucks, but this is how the biz works.

Honestly, what I read from Barbi's post was the guy was playing her and to me, that labels him a douchebag in my client list. He had no intention of stepping in her door, and so he used a lame excuse.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

13 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

Well dangit...another fantasy ruined. I will have to think of the perfect way for you to make amends.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Surely you can't be serious!!! Sheila ruined Frank over and over again with those giant "toys". I'm sorry, we're not playing that way. LOL!

1 minute ago, MrBigShot said:

Surely you can't be serious!!! Sheila ruined Frank over and over again with those giant "toys". I'm sorry, we're not playing that way. LOL!

Oh fine, I'll behave! She did...poor guy, he did kind of deserve it though. Not saying you do, just saying.  ;-)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

4 hours ago, Laplace said:

A few points: 

Let's be honest, how grateful can you be while just relying on others to do the work for you? How do you claim to be indebted but no intention of ever paying back the favor. If you appreciate the value of reviewing the unknown could you possibly consider that every review you've contributed has meant nothing to the larger pool of information? It does a service to the ladies but not the guys. Unless you plan on throwing a BBQ, how do you intend to repay any supposed debt? My problem with guys that rely only on well reviewed ladies is that they stall progress, well that and they also seem to like to offer a lot of advice and opinions on a system they don't contribute to.

It does seem disdainful, perhaps even a little whiny. If there is knowledge you feel you're lacking then why not learn? Why is it supposed to be anyone's responsibility to show you the ropes? You wanna know something you ask questions right?

How do you know photos are real even if you ask? You don't. Just like we don't know how honest the guy on the other end of line is trying to book.

So a question for you, if you have only stuck with well reviewed ladies how do you know that you would have a high failure rate on BP? If you can spot a fake from a mile a way you should be good right? High class hos don't grow on trees and fall into TOB when they're ripe, we all have to start somewhere. Just about every woman on here has at some point posted on BP, those numbers increase odds greatly.

11 hours ago, Laplace said:

A few points: 

I'll answer each. 

1) Yeah. Weird. Insult worthy? Nah. This board's a bit trigger happy. Too quick with the noose on a one sided story. What'd ol boy say about why he did it? Yeah, I dunno what he said either. 

2) Cool. Do your thing. I never suggest folks go off road. Can't teach them how if I'm honest. It's just instinct at this point for me. I lost 30+ reviews on the conversion. More than that from losing passwords to older names. Odds are high we've met the same folks. Glad I can contribute to everyone's well being. 

3) I don't know any UTR girls. Never seen the 'back channel' that gets tossed around. Would love an invite. I can pick out fake photos pretty well. That's not what I'm most wary about. I look at a ton of ads. I notice trends in copy. Got a nose for '' angles. Probably can't describe it well. But there's a difference between 'selfie for snap chat' and 'selfie for bp ad'. Always a gamble. I win more than I lose. But I do lose. 

Bonus) I don't ask that question. Wouldn't believe the answer if I had to ask. Also can't count how many times I"m asked if I'm affiliated with law enforcement. Equally useless question. I just roll with it.  But I can see a million reasons why dude would ask. I can see a million reasons why girls ask me that. Not many of them are worth the attacks. The answer I listed for question 1 motivated me to post. Is dude really a douchebag? A moron? Dunno. Never heard his side. Seems most likely just a nervous first timer. 

And that's bout my longest post ever. 

14 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Yes, bait and switch happens.  No excuse. Personal experience only - the well reviewed blah blah have been MORE likely to use old misleading pics than the legit ones on BP (and yes, I know many, many there are not legit).  But regardless, the issue I have with the original post description is waiting to ask until the appointment was set, she had given him her specific location, and he was there.  THAT is pure inexcusable bullshit - not to mention very creepy!!  Whatever questions you have, ask them before you set the appointment - except obviously no questions about specific services. This ain't rocket surgery.

You know I got nothing but respect for the work you do on the 411 board. My point's just that we don't know his side. So maybe not gather the pitchforks just yet. All of us here know better. But we're just a tiny cul-de-sac in a great big country. Lots of first timers out there. 

On 10/6/2016 at 10:19 AM, gr8owl said:

People, listen to gr8owl....bait and switch happens a lot. Do your homework!