MamiMia

Landrys seafood in DTC

26 posts in this topic

I am visiting the DTC area and wondering if this fabulous LOOKING place is as fabulous tasting? Has anyone tried them? Any recommendations of other deliciousness in this area? 

Landry's is a chain restaurant and I've always had good yums there. Hope you enjoy!

Maybe Lacie had better luck that I have had, but I would put the DTC Landrys a cut or two below Red Lobster, and that is not meant to be a compliment.  I would second Pappadeux as a much better choice, especially for seafood, but their Cajun food is also really good (and talk about the Cajun seafood, yum).  Almost as good as Pappadeux, but still much better than Landry's, is the Bonefish Grill, which has kind of a fun vibe too.  Landrys is also much more expensive than either Pappadeux or Bonefish.

Old fart test:  How many of you remember when Landrys was "The Hungry Dutchman" and was way-the-hell out in the middle of nowhere (it hasn't moved)?  I went there for prom night (still have the salt and pepper shakers).

I remember the Dutchman. Landry's for all you can eat crab legs. Pricey but they bring it on. Get a bib or you'll regret you didn't. Pappadeux's  day in, day out, hands down awesome. I entertain at Bonefish a lot but usually only for luncheons, never ate dinner there yet. In that stretch of DTC there are loads of tasty establishments. Bon Apatite!

I think it's ok, but pricey for what you get.  There are better options.  Chains suck.  Except TGI Fridays.

41 minutes ago, Badboy said:

Old fart test:  How many of you remember when Landrys was "The Hungry Dutchman" and was way-the-hell out in the middle of nowhere (it hasn't moved)?  I went there for prom night (still have the salt and pepper shakers).

How 'bout nothing but open fields South of Hampden.

It was the valley highway before it was I-25.

3 hours ago, Womanlover-3464 said:

In that area I prefer Pappadeux Seafood.

Yes! Yes! Gotta have a swamp thing to drink:D

22 minutes ago, Laci French-2940 said:

Yes! Yes! Gotta have a swamp thing to drink:D

Love the swamp thing with the right lady...I just have to stay away from the shell fish

If you are going to spend that kind of money, go to The Fish Company.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

6 hours ago, Womanlover-3464 said:

::^^^^ ThiS ^^^^::

14 hours ago, Badboy said:

Is the View House on the old Trail Dust plot then? I can never remember.

43 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Is the View House on the old Trail Dust plot then? I can never remember.

Yes it is.  I used to love eating at the Traildust Steak House.

I really go for the Fresh Fish Company on Hampden.  If you are just after fresh seafood and not atmosphere or fancy try the Cherry Crest Restaurant on University at Orchard RD.  It always has been a local favorite been here for maybe 30 years.

Don't eat seafood in the desert - and we're in the high desert.  They can't fly it in fresh enough.

On September 28, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Womanlover-3464 said:

Iv only eaten at Landry's seafood once. I went right back to Pappadeaux Seafood. I love this place. Its so good. I go there all time.

Used to be a place called The Italian Fisherman but they went under. If you're looking for something adventurous check out The Asian Cajun. It's more shellfish than fish fish but a very good creole meets Vietnamese style. It's not fancy or over priced like papadeux or laundry's. it's near alemeda and federal. Give it a shot.

I think the OP was interested in the DTC area, and I can't believe that I forgot to mention McCormicks and Schmicks; it is kinda pricey - but very good.  I can also second the recommendation of the Cherry Crest Restaurant - very nice alternative and not very expensive.

DTC has a ton of great restaurants. Laundry's is pretty good. My favorite is Del Frisco's. I also like Pappadaux, Jing, Happa (sushi) and Baker's Street Pub...

15 hours ago, AsiaKym said:

DTC has a ton of great restaurants. Laundry's is pretty good. My favorite is Del Frisco's. I also like Pappadaux, Jing, Happa (sushi) and Baker's Street Pub...

Happa Sushi is great. Baker Street is cool. Saw a great 80s cover band there. Didn't even know I'd like that. There's a great mom n' pop type joint at Arapahoe and Quebec called Sakura Bowl doing Korean and Japanese. The ice cream shop next to it is perfect for desert. Across 25 from there is Las Brisas. Next to Target. Great latin seafood. Ribs ain't bad either. Usually got a groupon running too. 

Downtown I like The Kitchen. 16th & California (I think). Use to do this Monday 'family style' thing. 3 course meal. Preset menu. They seat a bunch of random people at a long table family style. Meet some cool cats that way. 

A few year back one of the ladies on the board mentioned The Yabby Hut its far from DTC but yum-o is it good.

On 10/15/2016 at 11:28 AM, jj254 said:

Happa Sushi is great. Baker Street is cool. Saw a great 80s cover band there. Didn't even know I'd like that. There's a great mom n' pop type joint at Arapahoe and Quebec called Sakura Bowl doing Korean and Japanese.

I've tried Sakura because they have Korean food but I wasn't really impressed. The ice cream shop next door is pretty good though. Have you been to Bop and Gogi? It's a cafe in DTC that does Korean food. I haven't checked it out yet, as I am just returning to the Tech Center after a few years in the Loveland area but I saw it the other day and it's def on my bucket list. My fav for Korean is Seoul BBQ though. Their galbe is soooo dank!

13 hours ago, AsiaKym said:

I've tried Sakura because they have Korean food but I wasn't really impressed. The ice cream shop next door is pretty good though. Have you been to Bop and Gogi? It's a cafe in DTC that does Korean food. I haven't checked it out yet, as I am just returning to the Tech Center after a few years in the Loveland area but I saw it the other day and it's def on my bucket list. My fav for Korean is Seoul BBQ though. Their galbe is soooo dank!

I've been to both Seoul BBQs. Excellent food.Got hooked on cucumber kimchi once upon a time. Not easy to find in Colorado. Been to Bop and Gogi too. It's a fast food hybrid. Kinda like Noodles n Company. Bibimbop is really good. They're closed Sundays. Just fyi. Firedough down in that area is decent too. 

Head the other way bit out of the dtc. Holly, little north of County Line. Check out Bucci's Greek and Italian place. Hard to pick one thing to order there. 

Now I'm hungry. 

went once, made me sick, puked all night. 

sucked because was on a date with a new vanilla girl..